What is your character's stance in this War? Anyone against it?

I don’t play on an RP server but I like to have a story for my character, did so from way back ^^. My character has not been very keen on following orders from the Alliance, but nevertheless did her duty, albeit being a bit disobedient sometimes. But with this war things have changed. She has gone rogue, throwing her Alliance Medal in the sea and has been focusing on assisting Azeroth by aiding Magni’s cause. DnD wise she would be chaotic/neutral good.

She has set up a camp between Nazmir and Zuldazar and, working with members of the Cenarion Circle that share her views, combats against the blood magic corruption. She has been trusted by the Zandalari as not a threat, unaffiliated with the Alliance and has assisted them in discovering blood troll infiltrators among them. She wants this war to end, and the Horde (and Alliance) healed from evil.

She, however has taken arms again, travelling to Darkshore to assist her people, albeit in her own way. She distrusts vengeance and is afraid for Tyrande and any of her brethren that have chosen the ritual of the Night Warrior. Vengeance is right up to a point, but can easily get derailed and corrupt you and she is afraid for that.

She has always hated and distrusted undeath, her family slaughtered by the Scourge in the Third War. It took her years to accept that there are a few Forsaken that are not evil and the recent events have re-ignited that fight inside her. Now, she aims for what she sees as right: Sylvanas burned alongside with the rest of the Forsaken who agree with her. As she might be considered a traitor by some of her former Alliance comrades (although she has found assistance and cover among her Night Elf kin), her moves are careful. She is trying to convince people she fought alongside with in the past, through the Argent Dawn and the Cenarion Circle, people from both the Horde and the Alliance that the next step for defending Azeroth is clear and this is to eradicate what she sees as the New Scourge.

She hasn’t yet learned of the attack in the Zandalari capital and this is going to infuriate her. She had grown to respect the Zandalari people and she doesn’t like Jaina either. She considers her a weak, overtly emotional leader. I have not yet decided how learning of the outcome of the battle is going to affect my character.

That’s about it. First time I’ve shared parts of my character’s story on a forum. What are your stories? Any other people against this war? There is a company of warriors and scholars waiting for you, looking to a peaceful Azeroth, more warfare needed ahead to protect it from new threats (Old Gods, Naga, etc). But whatever is still good inside the Horde and the Alliance should stand together.

7 Likes

I am against it, my Paladin is an Ex-Argent Crusader and he considers this a colossal waste of life on both sides.

9 Likes

I too play in an RP server, yet try to extend my enjorment of it through PvE and content.

Formerly, I played Ha’chak, a Tauren Death Knight who probably wouldn’t enjoy this conflict simply for the fact that the war’s goal isn’t the problem. But he’d be ironic and hypocritical in that he wouldn’t lift a finger to do anything about it.

Okanta Kai however is fresh from the bakery so to speak. He just lost his king and the ones that did it successfully ran away. Of course he’d support the War. But like his new Queen, refuses to quickly bend the knee and lose his pride just to get what he wants.

3 Likes

Im a rogue, my loyalty is a question of, shall we call it, situational circumstances.

Now I’m spanding couple of months in Kul’tiran pirate ship, pillaging the coasts of Zandalari for some riches

2 Likes

Do you even speak Orcish?

To my very lawful evil charater the war between alliance and horde is stupid, wastefull and counter productive to his plan to forge a new burning legion under his command and force his will on all of existance.
Still it is a good place to gather soul shards for his many attempts to rise to power.
He isnt master of all creation yet after all.

1 Like

My warrior is thinking its about time they properly commited to kick the Horde out of Ashenvale.

I meant it as he’s new ._.

The question still stands. New Zandalari.

Fine.

I don’t.

Watch me speak Common.

Bur danath goibon?!

5 Likes

My Dwarf was in favour of it, but it turns out wars a bit of a bother so he’s grown less favourable towards it.

My Troll was against it from the start, not out of any particular moral stance or because she doesn’t like the idea of killing blue people, but because it’s being led a damned imbecile. An undead imbecile at that. And she couldn’t give a damn about the fate of the Zandalari.

Her attitude is currently “pay me to care”

1 Like

Looks up from a bloodied orc corpse, missing a few limbs

Sorry, what was the question again?

(Too busy killing and acting out vengeance sprees)

2 Likes

Minairia has joined the Kirin Tor. Her interest in the faction war is little.

She actively betrayed the Horde when she saved a group of stranded Kaldorei when Teldrassil burned and by doing so, she has adopted a very young Kaldorei orphan, whose father died in Darkshore, just as she saved the child from many Horde arrows.
She knows Silvermoon is no longer her home; however Dalaran and the Violet Tower is and she is at peace with her adopted child.

My Night Elf Priest is all for it - Vengeance for Teldrassil

My Highborne Mage has little interest in it. She cared nothing for Teldrassil as she thought it was a corrupted druid creation - she mourns the loss of lives for those who died in Darnassus, but as far as the tree goes and Sylvanas herself - she couldn’t care less. Her focus is Eldre’Thalas and nothing more.

5 Likes

Not bad for a troll. But what the hell is Danath?

1 Like

I dunno, your race wrote it.

Pfuh.

Maybe you need to sharpen your skills.

This is racial discrimination.

This is enlightenment,

I would love to learn your language can get handy.

I can call Arctur, show the true meaning of racial discrimination. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

While not the biggest fan our conceited, arrogant and a bit traitorous Kaldorei cousins, this war with the Alliance they are part of, is more than insane…
Sadly, the Humans and those disgusting little imps have much in common, namely, greed… and for some reason, those discount Vyrkuls belive Azeroth is theirs by right and they could do whatever they want…
…but that is not enough to justify any war, especially this kind of war.
This is an insane war
There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities; it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain…

I just love how summoning arctur can be used as a threat now :smiley:

3 Likes