What keeps you in horde side at the moment?

Thanks for some replays. I wrote this, because what Blizzard do to the horde is terrible. They just vanish all the connection of the forsakens and Sylvanas. This was lazy writing and shows, that Blizzard kill the last epic horde character. We lost every one and none of current leaders are good choice for warchief.

Personally I don’t see anything to be part of the current horde, and try if someone can convince me, that, there is still light on horde side, that I miss.

1 Like

does the horde entertain you in more ways than just the story? to note: races, classes, aesthetics, community (specifically your realm community) is not story.

if the answer is yes? stay there. don’t leave everything because of bfa’s awful storytelling. especially if that everything got you into playing the game in the first place.

7 Likes

Classic servers.

1 Like

At the moment not having Sylvanas be a Horde leader is convincing me to go Horde. Only a shame that there is no decent replacement.

The Horde shouldn’t be a host for parasites.

2 Likes

hmm i played a loyalist and they only real reason i did that was we were fighting the alliance and staring a civil war in the middle of a war is not wise. I will also stay horde and if i have to share a class hall with alliance types again like in Legion i will quit this game for good. I just cant stand the alliance leaders or that bleeding hart baine. I kinda wish he died with saurfang so that we could actualy have a horde identity again and not be so close to king chin junior and his love and butterfly brigade

8 Likes

I think this is a problem with the faction conflict as a whole. I’d rather the Alliance finally snapped, went full Daelin Proudmoore on the Horde, but made a few critical mistakes, which would lead them to lose to The Horde, who are now genuinely fighting for their lives.

Alternatively, drop factions altogether. Feels like Blizzard are giving us the worst of both worlds by not committing to either option.

4 Likes

For the Scarlet Crusade! - alliance no horde no.

5 Likes

What keeps me in the Horde lore wise ?

The hope that Rommath will lead the Blood Elves.

And yes,going from the best “For the Horde” to “The Horde is nothing” is just an asspull by Blizzard to justify Sylvanas losing the Warchief title.

Regardless, ironically hope remains (yea lol) for Sylvanas’ story to be better because I refuse to believe that she is 100% evil if the playable character is THIS deeply involved with her main story arc ( the loyalists ).

There’s no way.Blizz planning something big.

3 Likes

Erm, what?

It is almost like she never cared in the first place…

I’ve already got an Alliance alt of the same ilvl that I play and most of my stuff is Horde.

Plus I got some fun out of the finale of the War Campaign, turns out you can PvP against Saurfang’s traitors, happily killed an Orc traitor while doing it. Hoping for more opportunities like that. I don’t even care if I’m doing it for Sylvanas, any chance to attack both factions is good in my book.

5 Likes

The Horde story has been more interesting. Whenever new content was released I’d go Horde first to see some real progression. The Alliance story has been pretty lame in comparison. I personally don’t like the NE victim culture and the new Lore based FOTM meta.
Horde is just more interesting.

Having said that, going forward, I want to see what will happen now with Sylvanas, I want to see how they are going to retire Thrall again, I want to see what they do with the Mag’’ orcs and Sylvanas still has the empty blade.

Besides, I only like dwarves on the Alliance and they’re pretty much mute right now.

4 Likes

Nothing.

Played and loved Horde during vanilla-tbc-wotlk-cataclysm, but then I swapped to Alliance in MoP because I hated what Blizzard where doing to Garrosh and the Horde in general.

So far, nothing since has made me want to go back to Horde (quite the opposite in fact), and what I’ve seen of BfA so far has only strengthened my resolve to stay away from this clownfiesta faction…

With that said, I do currently (evidently) play Horde on Classic.

3 Likes

sadfangs legacy ? where he is sad,wants to kill himself, and acts way to late. and then him being one who planned the entire war and all is just forgotten.
if he has a legacy it isnt a good one at all.

4 Likes

This. Mak’gora thing happen late. About Sylvanas there is still hope, that will take place, may be like Illidan. Only he knows about demons and only Sylvanas knows about death. This story at the moment is not plot twist as promised. All was expected.

But still when think about undead state at the moment I hate Blizzard to bring horde so leaderless. Even in quest from Lilian Voss, Jaina state about Callia:

In this wake of this war, others will need to find their footing. Their future. Perhaps you could guide them, too.

But I hope, that Lilian Voss will stop this as she is informed.

1 Like

Well where else do you wanna go? The Lameliance?
There are only 2 factions to choose from.

3 Likes

If anyone remembers my posts from before I left the game, you will know I was always certain that Sylvanas never had any interest in the horde as anything but tools to achieve her goals.

I never liked her (I did like the Character as a Villain, but she was never a good person in my eyes, shes selfish and only cares about her own benefit) and that never changed. Working for her in BFA made me sick as hell and I am glad that shes gone.

Slyvanas being exposed as the Tyrant she is gives me hope that the Horde will recover. Plus I have been saying that keeping the war going just for the PvP aspect of the game was stupid as hell ever since WotLK. How often does the Horde and Alliance need to learn the lesson that we can achieve so much more together?

2 Likes

The mud huts and the hope to get Calia Menethil as racial Forsaken leader to have more chances to close peace with the alliance. There you have it. Btw how do you consider who’s alliance or not?

Oh sweet summer child, do you really have no clue about the lore? She was always like that. It was 100% IC what she did there.

2 Likes

I keep on reading this argument a lot.
And I can’t help but ask: And?

Lorthemar joined the Horde under similar circumstances. And was willing to jump ship the second they ceased to align with their goals.
Same as goblins.

That’s what an alliance of convenience is about.

A leader doesn’t need to declare his or hers undying love for the faction.
That’s what makes the Horde unique. They are obviously the ones with certain twisted moral values.

I personally don’t mind if Sylvanas thinks of the Horde as a tool. For as long as she kept in good shape and took care of it.

The line is crossed when she stops doing so. And I’m sorry to break it to you, but said sort of villain batting is really recent.
An exclusive feature of this expansion.

6 Likes

The pretty obvious main goal of her war was to kill as many people on both sides as possible…

Yeah, that’s the sudden twist they gave her motives now in order to have their villain for the expansion.

That doesn’t invalidate the fact that the Horde had a different character, a viable ally, prior.

5 Likes