What to upgrade first? gpu or cpu?

hey, i wanted to upgrade my pc since i currently raid at around 30-50fps with everything on low in BoD. i can however only upgrade either my cpu or gpu, not both. was wondering which one would give me the biggest fps boost?
my specs are:
ASUS GeForce GTX 770 DirectCU II
Intel Core i5-4670K
HyperX Fury DDR3 1600MHz 8GB
Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3

thanks in advance :smiley:

I would consider the GPU first, the CPU has a stock speed of 3.4 MHz and is be completely fine, you might want to swap out the memory for quicker memory, maybe consider expanding to 16 if you notice your memory usage is high when playing wow (Windows task manager can do this and I’m sure Apple has a tool that does the same)

If you choose to upgrade your CPU I’d consider going for a newer socket type, i5 or i7, most important in this is clock speed, this will however probably come with a new Motherboard and probably a different memory type and because your current cpu while old has a solid stock speed I dont think this should be your first priority or choice

I wouldnt consider upgrading the Motherboard unless your goal was specifically to be compatable to a newer generation CPU and/or RAM, which would also require new CPU and/or RAM

The GPU however is still the same socket in newer mobo’s so a newer GPU would probably get the most improvement for the least investment, I used to play on a gtx980 which did the job well, if you can afford it look at the gtx10** cards

If you have a lot of cash to spend and arent tight on money upgrade everything

If you’re getting 20-30 fps in raids with everything low then you probably won’t see any improvement unless you buy a nasa pc. I went from a 670 to a 1070 and still hover around 20 fps in BoD going as low as 8 fps on opulence. A lot of people are having severe fps issues so who know what is causing it.

so i dont think you can uprade that cpu to anything much better and if you put in a new one you will need a new mother board new ddr4 ram so really a new pc

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.