What we know about Assasin 9.0.5

-Cut to the Chase: Envenom extends the duration of Slice and Dice by up to 3 secs per combo expend.

-Slice and Dice rank 2 removed: The 10% increased energy regen from SnD was removed.

-Venomous Wounds: Now restores 8 energy (was 7)

-Flagellation:
No longer costs energy (was 20), duration reduced to 12 secs (Was 20) Haste is now granted immediately, and no longer has a second activation. Initial dmg increased by 270%, additional dmg from expending Combo Points increased by 160%, and deals dmg 1 time open use (Was 3)

-Conduit-Lashing Scars:
Flagellation causes 4 additional lashes upon use (Was 2), allowing the Rogue to start with 5% haste upon activation

Leggo
[Essence of Bloodfang Your combo point generating abilities have a chance to infect the target with Bloodfang, causing [ 57% [ 741% of Attack Power ] Bleed damage over 6 sec, and healing you for 50% of the damage dealt

Looking good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Removing the Energy Regeneration from SnD and buffing Venemous Wounds might mean we donā€™t need to use SnD during large AOE situations which is nice.

3 Likes

Checked essence of bloodfang on PTR - dot tick changed from around 120-150 (donā€™t remember) to lik 1400-1600 per tick. You can have it on multiple targets via poison knives - maybe NOW ASSA ll be aoe viable !

I still donā€™t know why you would play assa when most casters and other melee dwarf it still, the buffs are insignificant but nice as far as I am concerned.

Well, I am not sure if this bloodfang essence will stay with us in such way it is now. I hope it will. Maybe lowering this insane dmg % to like 600-700%.
Second thing is lowering % to probably 300-400% in PVP. Like 6-7k per 6s.

Maybe they also reduce the proc chance. It doesnā€™t really say how often it procs.

Proc rate is like 30% when I checked on some web page. Now, when I think more about it hmm
If it stays like this - WoW thank you for such gift Blizz.
If not then I guess let them do like 6-7k per 6s in PVE and 4-5k in PVP. Would be fair enough.

Assa still requires Mastery attention and needs Relentless Strikes to become viable. Mostly other classes are buffed they are not same. Even i read mage buffs ( LOL ).

2 Likes

Ironically sin is the only rogue spec where snd is less useful then spamming bleeds, so hopefulLy, especially in PvP where those points need to be used properly. Hoping that without a need for SnD for m+ as sin, such a waste past parsing more melee, the proct is still trash vs bleeds and has second priority

Also believe it or not, sin burst in PvP is extremely strong, in PvE itā€™s strong with MA for in between, but does fall off in boss fights. Iā€™ve be able to get huge 15k fan of knife openers on mobs and do top damage on mobs, on prolonged fightsā€¦the damage is so underwhelming I do agree, Feral performs better in a single dot vs all of sins :confused:

How do you get such high fan of knives?
I was able to crit for like 8-9 k?
You mean 15 k during crit window? Or single fok?

In the new patch notes on Wowhead it now says:

• Essence of Bloodfang damage increased by 30%.

So thatā€™s a far smaller buff.

Never saw this but revisiting the thread, 15-30k came from using MA talent or legendary, the bonus damage with the fan of knives talent in the last branch (itā€™s not a good trade off for crimson bleed, but itā€™s another burst imo) on the 2-3& targets, hence the big damage. Highest single I got was 15k with Master assassin on, and stealth opening with it, along with the added damage boosts

Also, can we just rework sin so itā€™s talent tree isnā€™t vomit Blizzard? Crimson tempest and fan of knives are actually pretty great, and thatā€™s good, but poison Bomb is so garbage that your better off smashing your head on a brick and breaking it before this thing procts and does any damage. Also imho rogue AOE cap needs to be doubled, Outlaw 10< Sin should be 10, Sub should be 8 max, itā€™s a single target spec, it doesnā€™t deserve to out damage itā€™s AOE specs with bp by having almost no small cap. I really would like to see them make these classes shine in their proper roles again, but oh well.

1 Like

Where is outlaw buff?

enegry regen will be passive? or it is just assasnation nerf?

Assasination is the weakest spec in the game ā€¦ why they nerf it ?

2 Likes

They arenā€™t nerfing Energy regen for Assassination. They are removing it from SnD, and buffing Venomous Wounds. The net result should be about the same, but with Cut to the Chase, the spec should finally feel less broken.

Donā€™t get me wrong, SnD is still absolute garbage for the whole Class, not just Assassination, but these changes will make it suck less.

2 Likes

Except it sounds like a nerf to Aoeā€¦ we need a buff for m+

How does it sound like a nerf to AoE? Assassinationā€™s primary source of energy during cleave is Venomous Wounds. On two targets energy is not an issue. On 3 - 4 targets youā€™re literally capping energy.

The SnD change actually allows you to not use SnD in your opener on cleave without losing energy.

ah my badā€¦ I read it as Venom Rush for some reasonā€¦ thatā€™s actually pretty decentā€¦ doubt it will take sin to OL level but still good start