What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“Now… let us not fall down to the level of our new-found allies, hm? Don’t resort to racist for the reasons of someone not sharing your preferred way of clothing. Miss Tizzle has her charm, so do some of the Trolls or Orcs. Looking good isn’t the reason to abandon your clothing, dear. Keep that in mind, please. Whoever has decided that our race’s armor should consist of a bra was, well… not the brightest, I shall just say.”

Tizzle looks at Mahli’ficia with a sleepy kind of expression as she talks and lowers herself to eye level, the innocent seeming smile remaining upon her lips the whole time. After she finishes, the Goblin finally retorts. “Is that so? Were you the Troll?”

After a little dismissive giggle, Tizzle breaks eye contact, smoothing her robes out a touch for a moment. “Listen sugar, y’didn’t discover the void. If anything, it discovered you. See all this?”

She then waves her hand about, gesturing towards all of the Void Elf as if to indicate her appearance in general. “That wasn’t your decision, now was it?”

The Goblin raises a brow in an inquisitive sense towards Mahli’ficia for a moment before she continues. “Might wanna think twice about your type bein’ the authority on the void sweetheart, start believing that what it’s feedin’ ya is the secret truth of the universe an’ yer gonna end up a lot worse than a shade of cobalt. The rest of us already learned what ya only just found out without bein’ subjected to a new paint job. Y’ain’t got nothin’ to teach us, it’s us who could teach you.”

As Laurenn arrives and begins to speak, Tizzle simply waits until she’s finished. “Oh please, Miss Tizzle’s so formal … Sister Tizzle’s fine by me, or hey, even just Sissy! I’ll leave you two gals to it.”

The Goblin gives a little effortless wink, pats Laurenn lightly on the hip, then begins to saunter off at a leisurely pace, humming away to herself.

1 Like

"I have to object here. Sure, we didn’t ‘discover’ something that’s been on Azeroth since before sapient life, that’s just silly. But we Ren’dorei have learned a lot of new and interesting things about the Void - before the change, Umbric’s ‘study group’ was one of the major centers of research into it, and we still are now. Our newfound connection has its drawbacks, but it does help us understand it, and we think we have a lot to share.

“Y’know, with people who like that kind of thing. Pushing it on people is how you get more K’thir.”

Tizzle smiles a little as she strolls by Talraea, listening to her words, stopping for a moment to hear the end of her statement before responding. “Gotta be careful with whatcha think ya know there, sugar … yer peeps thought ya knew it all before, an’ look where that gotcha … besides, I wouldn’t get too hooked on Umbric an’ whatever precipice of realising the grand design he thinks he’s leadin’ all of youse over into the promise land …”

Tizzle looks down at herself, pinching her robes between a thumb and forefinger for a moment to draw attention to them. Anyone familiar with Umbric would realise he dons a similar type. “… he ain’t even able to dress his own body originally, what makes ya think he can dress up an original thought?”

She then giggles slightly before looking up at Talraea before beginning to saunter off once again. “Study group, hehe … guess they got themselves an F from the cosmos …”

1 Like

“Pardon me miss…For a moment?”

A timorous voice speaks out from the shadows when Tizzle is out of sight and earshot from the void elves. A voice that is soon followed by a nervous looking male void elf. He holds his hands infront of himself in a placating manner while keeping his gaze down until he is at a polite distance, where he laces his fingers together instead, almost fidgety.

“Tizzle, is it? I couldn’t help from overhearing you before, not that I was eavesdropping, I assure. But, I think–Could you perhaps…Help me? With something.” He unlaces his fingers to pull out a couple of small makeshift notes from his robe – One looks to be a piece of a napkin – And holds them in an awkward inbetween of holding them out to the goblin, and not to.

“I, make these, when the whispers starts to become overbearing. …'Cause for my mind, they are uncaring. When whispers turn into voices, and at my dismay rejoices.”
A bit embarrassed he clears his throat.
“You see, I can not find the hidden secrets nor the truth in them, which I do not mind truth be told. It is all the same to me. But lately I have had this ill-boding feeling, and well, I hope that you could, take a look?”

If Tizzle were to accept, she’d see poems and random verses on the notes. Rather ominous and disturbing ones, which is not that surprising when they were made from things heard from the Void.

2 Likes

A black smoke flows in from behind Valaerin, taking shape between the two and grabs hold of the papers as it turns to an elven form, humming as she looks over the poetry.

“This is quite good, even if some may be dire warnings of our demises.”

Pocketing the papers she puts her hand on Valaerin and tries to lead him away.

“I have a friend, she may be able to aid in finding out the meaning of these lyrics quite well, and she possibly is more trustworthy.”

“I’m sorry, but I’m pretty sure he was approaching the goblin for advice…” While approaching the three, Astrophel clicks his fingers causing the papers to appear in his own hands with a spark of the arcane.

He goes to hand them to Tizzle, only for him to a squinted glance. His eyes dart over the words and his eyebrows suddenly rise.

“Oh boy… Yeah, you better take these. Don’t try anything shifty!” He offers them to the goblin, and eyes the elf up and down as he does.

1 Like

Before the mage can give Tizzle the papers, Nexinee is able to snatch them as she squeals “Lemme’ see, lemme see’” As she reads it and gives them back she adds. “Powerful stuff. Yah’ should give these to that void elf book lady. She might like these.”

1 Like

“Wait, lemme see, too!”

Goldy suddenly appears on the scene, slinging her left arm around Nexinee’s shoulder, leaning against her while reaching her right hand out to tilt the pages in her direction, not actually taking them from her fellow Goblin, simply reading them over her shoulder so to speak. After a moment or two of reading, Goldy’s eyes widen, then narrow, then widen again. She then clears her throat before looking at everyone present. “Whatcha mean, Nex? These suck! They ain’t powerful at all! Now, if ya’ll excuse us …”

She then begins to forcefully lead Nex away with the pages still in their possession. “C’mon homegirl, this stuff’s moolah in print! We can start a Metal band like them Blight Boar guys n’ gals an’ make a killin’ with these as our lyrics! I mean, look at this one … “Beneath the dragging waters, he lies dreaming” … we just gotta find somethin’ that rhymes, like … like …”

Goldy then snaps her fingers as if she’s suddenly received an epiphany. “Of our death an’ destructon, he waits scheming!”

She then begins to enthusiastically dart off. “It’s time ta becomin’ rockstars, Nexi! Go get some leather pants, I’mma go find us some intstruments, we gots work ta do!”

1 Like

It is at this point that Talraea, standing right behind Goldishia, reaches down and plucks the notes from her hands with a ‘tut-tut’ look on her face. “It’s not nice to steal,” she says teasingly, then vanishes into darkness before she can be stabbed in the kidneys.

She reappears on a nearby bannister, lounging languidly with the notes in hand. “You could always try actually hiring him as a lyricist, but I should warn you: I know an agent in Gadgetzan who would eat you two alive.”

She gently pats the head of the manasaber she sits on, and watches the sneaky Ren’Dorei from a rooftop

“Careful now darling… these little green rats tend to blow up without any warning, so keep a safe distance from them! Oh, by the way, I’ve seen your… talent! If you are hireable. I have a job or two”

“You seem much more interested in fraternising with our enemies than respecting our allies. It’s disgusting.”

1 Like

“Isn’t she one of the shal’dorei who barely even saw anything beyond Suramar? I could understand her… curiosity, with all the Azeroth’s races. And not quite understanding the reasons why’s there a conflict between the Horde and the Alliance. Not understanding why’re there two hostile factions to begin with. Perhaps it’s best she’s taught some history… but I honestly cannot be bothered teaching her history.” She snickers silently. “I love your attire, by the way. Brings up the good memories.”

1 Like

“What Allies? Not counting the Sin’Dorei and Tauren, of course. Invading Demon slave animals with “honor”? Greedy techno-imps? Rotting corpses? Age-old enemy Trolls? I would choose a Ren’Dorei as an “ally” then 3/4 of the Horde any time…”

She frowns, but listens, tries to understand Salarya

“Tell me darling, how the Orcs earned your respect and redeemed themselves in your fel-green eyes after invaded our planet and started two and a half wars, the Trolls, who, as I heard spent thousands of years trying to kill Elves, the Goblins, helping them in their favorite hobby, Elf-maiming, and the… undeads? Walking corpses with “Death to the living and blight everything” motto? Im curious… really… really curious how could these lowborns earn your respect? I mean the Draenei, that I could understand, I’ve heard they reignited the Sunwell and their Prophet forgive the Sin’Dorei… oh my, they are the enemy? But really… I’m listening! And please don’t come with the “Well, individuals are heroic and all and…” just don’t. Just tell me how these races as a whole earned your respect?”

But she nods to the Ren’Dorei

“You are right… I don’t and can’t quite understand the sudden love and respect with age old enemies, while kicking out your own right in to the Enemy’s welcoming arms. Please enlighten me!”

“The Darkspear trolls who had no contact with the Amani for thousands of years? The goblins who are a vast, diverse race of differing opinion? The undead composed heavily of chunks of our own departed? The Orcs who stepped up to their dark past and rose above slavery at the Legion’s hands?
Yes, the people of the Horde rapidly fall into imperfection, we ourselves did so, you did it too. The difference is, each of us cast out… or are casting out… our own tyrants. As you did. You can keep complaining, or you can open your eyes to the complexity of the world, and stop taking things at face value like a child.”

1 Like

Cynithra sits by herself observing the situation while eating a fruit. She stops chewing and looks up the elven trio
“It can be curious with these factions indeed, and how a small turn of events can have you ending up on the other side. It makes you wonder, you’re never really safe are you?” She smirks and continues eating

Along stumbles a lonesome Dwarf, with a cheer in his step, though somewhat unsteady, an empty mug in hand & a tune in his head…

“Hic… dummmm de dum dum… dummmm, Hic… de dum dum doooo.”

Thaime starts to giggle to him self, as if remembering a funny anecdote. Then without pause or break the the giggling morphs into a prolonged drawn out sigh, whilst rubbing his eyes. He then mutters to himself in a groggy tone.

“Uugh… By the light that Thunderbrew ale was strong!.. Euh, Mmay, Hic… Maybe I shouldn’t have had… What was it? Eight? Nine!?”

Thaime manages to focus his vision whilst looking around somewhat aimlessly & sees a lonely figure sat eating. He clears his voice & boldly approaches…

“Excuse me lass!.. Where, Hic… Where am I?”

“Star of ages, baleful glow, the chilling grasp of hate below. Wringing blood from stone, unbound, skin-wreathed bone a withered cage. Greying sages bowing low to rising spires where nightmares grow. Where ships of fools are run aground they drown in dreams of a gilded age.”

“Lassy, some of that’s just stereotypes and you kno’ it much as I do. Why’ve yer gotter go and do us like that, veiling it in poetry? Yer also bein’ a wee bit defeatist there, I did me studies; I know my history. I know who won against those, nightmare spires!”

Heard your ale is good. But is it as good as the true hardcore blackrock ale? Let’s find out.