What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“Would you mind if I decided to try out neither of these drinks? When it comes to alcohol… it takes a whole lot of convincing to make me drink something that isn’t wine.”

Whilst offering a somewhat dusty bottle of Arcwine to Laurenn, ‘‘Here, let it never be said that Elyssa hated all the high born.’’

“Hating due to kin and creed rather than action at all seems pretty ridiculous to me.”

"A lot of people equate the two. Our ancestors were involved in the first coming of the Legion, then refused to abide by the ban on arcane magic. Some Night Elves still blame the Highborne, and we’re what’s left of them. Well, us and the Naga.

"It’s not all ancient, of course. The Orcs ravaged our homeland, and many still hate them for that. Our people then joined the Horde, and we’ve been complicit in its crimes. I know that many of our people disagree with all of this, that they resent the Horde, that they want nothing to do with this conflict, but if you never went to Quel’thalas, or never left Silvermoon when you did, then you’d never see that dissent.

“People hate us because we show them something worth hating. I just wish we could show them everything else.”

"Yes I can underestand what hatred means. Everyone hates demon hunters. Even people we once called family. They cannot underestand why we chose to become what we are.
I cannot return to my homeland as it is laid in ashes, but I can see many Kal’dorei looking at me with aversion.
And now a lot of demon hunters are in conundrum. Do we want to join our faction in war, if the only thing that they appreciate at us is our power? The power, that was the only reason why we ever left stasis in Warden’s “Vault”
Do we want to join faction that allowed these Wardens to imprison us for thousands of years, kill our master and let Legion to come into our world? Do we want to fight against our brothers and sisters from Fel Hammer, when we fought many battles together?
No matter what decision I make. I will always be seen as traitor and fel infused freak. "

1 Like

“You are a traitor and fel infused freak darling…”

Zymara winks

“But aren’t we all? From a certain point of view…? Look dear, there comes a time when you look into the mirror and realize that what you see is all that you will ever be. Then you accept it, or you kill yourself. Or you stop looking into mirrors…”

“Indeed,down to it,it’s really about what you make with what you are really.It’s not every day you see someone normal really understand that”
pauses for a second and gazes at Zymara’s horns and blue skin
“Well,someone as normal as a Draenei;or a member of the Alliance… Though some people get more of a choice than others,we didn’t all become what we are because we willingly traded our soul and our eyes for power.And in the same vein,we don’t all have suicide as an easy way out.So maybe what you said is only true for some of us…
I guess in the end,we can always be glad that we aren’t all as bad as a Ren’dorei,even the Illidari can appreciate that”

rolls her eyes with an irritated face at the blood elf
“Really? At least we don’t shy away from the unknown”

“I, for one, find the Ren’Dorei-situation amusing. The Sin’Dorei embraced the Fel and the Illidari, and basically anything that would mean power to survive and defend what remained of their people, but casted out first the ones refused to drain living creatures for mana, then the ones who studied the void, while tolerating the Warlocks and their demons… and the priests of Shadow who have the nasty habit of growing tentacles and insanely mumbling on the tounges of the Old Gods… and why? Because Umbric and his little team studied some scrolls written by a Traitor and basically continnued his reserach. Amusing, really… insted giving them the ruined mage tower they used, and nobody needed, the Sin’Dorei decided to throw away a powerfull tool and vital knowledge about the Void and the Old Ones… It was really that necesarry to shun them? Exile them? The Void and the Light are enemies, thats clear, but isn’t it more dangerous to let a Shadow Priest, who has chosen the darkness out of his/her own free will, near the Sun Well than a Ren’Dorei, who is basically victim, never had a chance to chose not to be what he/she is now, and became a Void elf, becasue he/she belived in the Sin’Dorei motto, ‘grab power and use it for our home and people’s deffense’? The already small Sin’Dorei decided to further reduce their numbers… and treat these poor unfortunate souls like dirt, becasue of… this? Amusing and sad.”

She offers a glass of arcwine to Cynithra with a smile

“If you ever want to visit Suramar and have a little peace, I would welcome you and your knowledge with open arms…”

1 Like

“Hope you weren’t going to drink that,” Talraea interjects, snatching up the arcwine. “After hearing it all put that way, I need a drink.” After gulping down what should really be a sipping wine, she collapses into a chair. “The whole thing is just- Why? What was the deal there? Yes, I get that there are concerns about studying the Void. There should be. It’s dangerous. It can screw you up ten ways! But what does exiling us all accomplish? At most you keep the Void-users away from the Sunwell, and just keep an eye on us.”

She shakes her head. “Well, I expect there are regulations about ‘fraternizing with the enemy,’ but I’ll just tell them it was for spying purposes. Not like I haven’t already scouted out half of Suramar, so I’ve got some old intel to give.” She pauses, then adds “It was for the rebellion, back when we were on the same side. City topography hasn’t changed much, I expect.”

“I miss my home, family, friends… Well they probably don’t consider me as one of them. If I returned ever in Silvermoon, they would slaughthered me. If only I could revert what I have done…
Following the void magic, it was amazing, it was thrilling. I was just curious, I wanted to know more about it. I wanted to underestand it…
How foolish I was. This power, it is not a blessing, it’s a curse. Something that should never happend to us.
The voices… trying to control my mind every day. Sleepless nights, the nightmares… And my loved ones… Instead of accepting my fate and helping me to recover. They just kicked me of like a traitor, which I was forced to become. The only way to survive the void’s influence, is to follow Alleria’s teaching.
Who am I? Even I don’t know. I just wish to be free of this power. To live normal life once again”

“Maybe you should’ve thought of that before you dealt with dark powers my good chum. They’re pretty troublesome for the unprepared. Still, you’ve my sympathies; I did not exactly choose the undead-life, afterall.”

“You still seem to have grown used to it, given your attire.” Laurenn says, with a tiny smirk on her face. “I’m curious… how long was your un-life already? Was it just months, or perhaps years?”

“There is getting used to, and then there is ‘accepting’ the dice life have thrown you.
It can be hard, but something we all have to sooner or later.”
Belaria eyes Laurenn gently.
“Even you… Princess .”

“Who said y’gots ta accept the roll of the dice?”

Kezzy quickly rummages through her pocket before producing a set of dice, juggling them in her palm for a moment before blowing on them, then looking at Belaria with a sly little smile. “Whatcha reckon? I’m a guessin’ boxcars …”

The Goblin then rolls the dice on the floor, and without looking at them, leans against a nearby wall in a nonchalant manner, smirking slightly. The dice each turn up to have a six on them, indicating her guess to be correct. She then retrieves them while suddenly feigning a look of surprise. “Oh, wowzers, that’s a 1 in 36 shot! Whoda thunk it?!”

After standing back up, and her face returning to normal, she continues. “I guess yer one of them kindsa broads who don’t realise y’gots ta make yer own luck in this world.”

Kezzy then turns her palm over, showing the Void Elf the pair of dice up close, to which one with a keen eye would recognise them as a loaded set. “Y’just gots ta fix them babies up the right way, an’ ya ain’t never gonna be rollin’ snake eyes, bub! The advice is on the house, but I do appreciate tips.”

The Goblin flips the dice up in the air, catching them with her other hand while keeping her palm held open in hopes of Belaria dropping a few copper (or dare she dream silver?) into it.

1 Like

She fails miserably at flipping a silver coin,before putting it directly into Kezzy’s hand

“Stupid…clumsy gauntlets” She mumbles in Thalassian under her breath

“There’s…There’s always a point to be made about not accepting fate,or the roll of the dice,or however you want to put it,but even then,you can’t always change what you are,or what you’re made into.You can’t expect a Hawkstrider to open a portal for you,however smart it may be,just like you can’t always go against your nature…”

“Well,doesn’t mean you shouldn’t try at least,I know I do”
She can’t prevent a slight smirk from peering through her usually impassible visage

“Yes, let us play. At least we will have some distraction from our troubles.”
Shalim throws a few gold at goblin with enthusiasm.
“You are right goblin, we need to try our luck and see if it is able to change our lives”
Then he turns to the Sin’dorei.
“If you don’t mind playing with void elf, then let’s have a game. And what is a game without a bet, right? So let me place some. If I win you will provide me a meeting with my family from Silvermoon. If you win… I will do something for you. You just need to ask what exactly”
Shalím then snaps the dice from goblin’s tiny hands and rolls 3 and 3…
“That is not exactly how luck looks like”
He sighed with signs of tears in his eyes.

Mahli’ficia lets out a chuckle as she watches the other elves.

"Oh, you lot have indeed have much to learn when it comes to bets! Real bets involve truly interesting stakes and magically sealed contracts. Like that time when I made a bet with a particularly annoying Night Elven garrison commander who had made a habit of confiscating my spell components, and so I brought my succubus and some potions and… "

Trailing off, Mahli’ficia goes suddenly silent as she remembers the full story; and why it probably shouldn’t be shared. Then, with a soft smile, she simply cocks her head and nods.

"Yes, to make a bet real interesting, you at least have to include a magical contract. I recommend using a drop of blood from three different virgins as the catalyst for the spell. It has the most potency for the fun bets~ "

“Sorry friend but I must refuse your offer. Or should I say bargain? We should learn from our mistakes. Playing with dark powers is never worth our lifes. Look at yourself, look at me. What have we become? Even elves, who used to be our allies are not willing to play a single game with us. Yes you are warlock, you may like the change of your skin, the more power at your disposal… But I would rather surrender all that “power” to see Silvermoon once again.”

“Honestly, I get that. This isn’t exactly a blessing. I’ve lost count of the different nightmares, and when I’m awake the whispers never cease. Give all that up to see home? It sounds like a dream come true. For my part, though… That’s not an option. I can’t go back, even if they welcome me, because it’s not about what I want. I can’t be a part of Sylvanas’ war machine, no matter how I hold back or what missions I refuse. I need to be part of the solution. I need to be where I am.”