What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“Alliance’s hardly the solution, though. Before they finally get on with killing the necromancer-Warchief herself, they’ll commit the murders of endless citizens. I mean -ENDLESS-. Are sacrifices of thousands worth the demise of one? Isn’t it better to seek a collaborative, diplomatic way to finish the war?”

“My dear, If you shoot one person you are a murderer. If you kill a couple persons you are a gangster. If you are a crazy leader and send millions to their deaths you are a hero… Princes were privileg’d to kill, and numbers sanctified the crime.
Ah! why will Kings forget that they are Men?”

She smiles

“And you know… A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic.”

Zymara toys with her sacrifical dagger

“Then again, Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way that they ask for directions…”

“The true question is, what is worth dying for? For a king that is naive and wants the impossible? Peace?”
The demon hunter laughs.
“Or for a foolish undead elf which only hoards power and never reveals her intentions?”
Shalim takes deep breath. His face was showing that he is getting upset as he says these words.
“Look what happens when you start stupid clashes over nothing. Cities are burning. Homeless people everywhere. Brothers are willing to kill brothers…” Shalim pauses and takes a look at nearby void elves
“Our world is dying. Instead of hearing Speakers call, you stand idle and watch people die in stupid war that will acomplish nothing. War that will destroy not only you, but whole Azeroth”
Shalim is set in anger
“You are no better than Legion. All of you! What is the difference between you and them? The results of your actions will do the same thing! Every death, every sacrifice made in this war is worthless. Death that won’t preserve our future or save another lifes is the worst one. That is not statistic, that is true”

Cynithra looks calmly at the demon hunter
“If all who oppose peace dies, peace will be made. Nothing goes without sacrifice. Or one side just annihilate the other.” She shrugs and looks away.

“That got a bit depressive… let’s change the topics, will we? How’re your Void studies going? Explored anything new that’s worth noting?”

1 Like

“Oh, yeah, that sounds like a swell idea …”

As Laurenn looks to see where this statement has come from, she notices Goldishia strolling towards her, looking towards the ground, hands behind her head in the midst of apparently fixing her ponytail, a mass of loose hair hanging over most of her face as she does so, obscuring it almost entirely asides from the odd flip or two from her continued attempts to tie it back correctly causing it shift out of position, revealing her nasty facial scar. She continues to speak while doing so. “… cuz we ain’t talked enough about that whole void jazz. We just see youse ghosty Elves around all the time whinin’ an’ moanin’ about “voices this”, an’ “I can’t wear red no mores cuz it clashes with my skin” that …”

Finally, Goldy fixes her hair, looking up at Laurenn, pointing at her own visage with finger guns, her trademark long fringe now settled into place and draped down across the right hand side of her face, almost perfectly hiding her scars. “… check it, few years ago my mug gots all torn up … ‘stead a’ goin’ ‘round, stickin’ everyone’s face in it, I try not ta make it a constant conversational piece. Maybe all youse should try and do the same, hm? Or what’s the deelio, that all youse gots anymore, or somethin’? I mean funt, if it ain’t youse, it’s the hornheads, or the deadsers, or whatever. There ain’t no normal peeps around here no mores, an’ it seems like that makes youse weirdos all think yer the regular ones now or somethin’! Speakin’ a’ regs …”

Goldy looks all around herself, holding her hands out, counting on her eight digits as she spots Lightslayers, Shalim (version Void Elf), Shalim (version Demon Hunter), Mahli’ficia, Talraea, Zymara, Cynithra and then finally Laurenn again. She holds both her hands open towards Laurenn. “Look at that! That’s all my fingers! All ghosty Elves, hornheads an’ deadsers! Well, except that freaky half nakie Draenei broad who may as well just be another ghosty Elf … but freaks! An’ ya wanna shoot the shizzle about that kinda stuffs thinkin’ it’ll make the depressive tones skidaddle? Ha, good luck with that one. Youse guys n’ dolls are just a product of yer own environment at this stage, methinks. All the real peeps done up an’ left …”

The Goblin shakes her head somewhat forlornly before beginning to strut away, speaking to herself out loud. “… least Nex is still kinda ‘round. Man, I miss Pointy. An’ BA. An’ Blix. An’ Naders. An’ Shufflebutt. An’ Tea Lady. An’ Lil Lady. An’ Smexinar. An’ Bones. An’ Murlocbane. Even dweebs like Half-face, Goony an’ Durrhurr …”

Goldy continues to list nicknames as she walks away out of earshot. Suddenly a few moments later, she can be heard yelling “This place funtin’ sucks now!” in the distance.

3 Likes

“So… I’ve been studying the parachronic magic used to connect to different timelines. Who else wants to check in on Draenor again?”

1 Like

“Wich one?”

She smiles

“One would think you would be more interested in a timeline, where Sargeras failed to convince the Eredar rulers to join the Legion, and without the brain, the Legion been only a band of ragtag demons held together only by the fear from the Dak Titan’s wrath. The Nathrezim were the “smart ones” while the Annihilans were the “strong ones” when it came to leadership, but I think they never really would had any chance against the might of Argus. at the time the most advanced civilization of the great dark beyond… while we are there, lets find a time line where Azshara worked to protect Azeroth from the Dark Titant, not summoning him to be her husband…”

" I don’t know how about you, but I am happy that Legion is gone and Sargeras is defeated. Why would you want to play with timeline and give him another oportunity to succed? If you will try to do this stupid thing, I am afraid I will be forced to stop you. Please don’t force my hand. Enjoy the present as it is. "

“Calm down. I believe she’s just joking around and thinking out stuff purely for the joy of thinking. Like… having fun. You ever heard of that, or your duty-focused mind doesn’t really comprehend the word? F-u-n.” She spelled the word, nodding at the Illidari. “Get yourself a dictionary and check what this means. Perhaps you’ll become a far more pleasant person to be around once you understand the idea of it, even a more desirable partner for any form of romantic relationships.”

“Hmm, what’re we thinking for this morning?” Astrophel’s eyes glued to the selection of pastry behind the glass counter of the baked good stand nearby generating the sweet warm smell that would lure most of a lie in. He manages to tear himself away and look at the lady nearby…

He quickly looks away and swallows hard before suggesting innocently, “maybe the blue iced bun?” He stares and chuckles at his own poor joke.

The mage is quick to take a bite of his treat, pour himself a coffee from his flask and flick open today’s edition of The Purple Pupil.

3 Likes

As he sits and read the news a grey’ish hand takes hold of his paper and pulls out the sport section and Belaria takes a seat next to him, putting her bagel and coffee down besides herself.
“you’ll get the pages back don’t worry, but with your reading speed it would take a while.”
She offer him a quick smile before she starts to read.

“Thank you darling, tho I think after we managed to made our Withered “army” Fel-resistant, dealing with a fel-infused lowborne is not actually a challange. But I appreciate your words…”

She smiles to the crowned mage and turns to the rogue

“Speaking of the withered… How intriguing… you grey’ish skin tone is like those of the Nightfallen and the Withered. Maybe something similar happened… after all, you and your kind was basically cut from the Sunwell by the Void. And the exile. Or both.”

She sipping from her glass of Arcwine

“We could run some tests to determine the state of your mental health… I have some experiments runing with a number of Fel’Dorei, Sin’Dorei Wretched and Shal"Dorei Withered, but I could use some Ren’Dorei volunteers…”

Looking up from ‘her’ paper she takes a sip of coffee before looking down once more, giving Thyrellas a shooing motion.
“Not interested in being anyone’s lab rat.”
Then leans over to Astrophel and points to the paper she holds.
“Look at the Dalaran Dolphins’ score, they are sure to move on.”

Skip if want to

“Are you serious? No! Look, we Ren’dorei got into this by studying the Void, and even if we regret that, we’re all scholars to at least some degree. I think we all understand seeking knowledge. But we don’t exactly have fond memories of being somebody’s test subject, so maybe don’t go around asking that, huh? Might upset somebody you shouldn’t.”

“Yeah. Studying is one thing, something I can clearly relate to even if Void isn’t exactly my area of expertise. Using people as test-subjects, however… that’s a no. Even if you’re not checking out something that’s the power that seeks to consume all life, you shouldn’t try out your newest inventions on the other people or lock them up in cages to check what magic does to their minds. That’s just immoral and… sick.”

If you are truly naïve enough to believe that your kin have not subjected others to such tests in the past, that truly speaks volumes in regards to your intellect.

Cynithra looks up from her coffee mug
“If it’s by free will I guess it’s sort of okay? but why one would be a volunteer I have no idea”

1 Like

“Drive for knowledge can get us to do wrong things that yield great results thanks to noble intentions. The guidelines of medicine are written in blood of the dead. Respect the knowledge… and price that was paid for it.”

1 Like

“I feel the respect is usually given to the researchers, not so much to their test subjects.”

2 Likes