What would your character say to the above poster? #28

“Experiments and researches are improtant if we ever want to find a cure or at least a method to reverse the unfortunate states or rehabilitate the Sin’Dorei Wretched, the Fal’Dorei and the Withered Shal’Dorei… and yes, the curent state of the Ren’Dorei is just temporary and unstable. The Void slowly consumes their mind and already changed their body. At the moment they are “in controll” and able to resist the whispers… but I think my dear colleagues, we all know this is a really unstable “sanity”. The Void and the Old God’s whispers dragged down such mighty entities like the Black Dragon Aspect and several Keepers down to Insanity… the hubris and arrogance of someone who think as an elf they are better and stronger than these entities are itself an alarming sign of their state of mind! Not to mention soul… But I never forced any of them to be test subjects… Tho’ I starting to think, it would be better to capture one or two. The best case scenario, the Ren’Dorei will die out before they could become a real trheat to our World and pawns of the Void… but I’ve heard alarming news about their rising numbers. If they could “Shadowforge” other Elves and… creatures - we all heard about those void-ravasaurs in Zanadalar - studying their condition are a must! We must prepare for the worst…”

"Honestly, most of us would jump at the chance for a cure. Don’t get me wrong, we’re still dedicated to studying the Void and harnessing its power. It can be done, we know that much, Locus Walker has done it for centuries at least. Probably more. But many of us wanted to find a more reliable and less personal method - something that doesn’t involve being like this all the time.

"Besides, we can’t make more Void Elves. At least, not last I checked… I guess something might have come up while I’ve been out fighting? Anyway, I honestly don’t think we would. This curse gives us power, but it is a curse. I wouldn’t inflict it on my friends. As for our forms, we seem to be stable, as far as we can tell, but we’ve only had them for a year. It’s impossible to say what might happen or why. We may all begin breaking down or growing more tentacles one day.

“So if you do figure out a cure, we’d really like to hear about it.”

Serylith furrows her brow in thought
“I’m not sure… These whispers I would gladly be without, but the power… summons a small swirl of darkness in her palm everything comes at a price.”
She looks up at the rogue
“If I still got that, then yes, give me a cure for the voices”

The druid buries her hand into the soil surrounding one of the cities many trees. Within moments, the ground shifts, and the soil churns. It loosens the pavements a little and disturbs the few bystanders. The churning earth changes to a rich brown as little a few little sproutlings sprout almost instantly.

The druid stands after her fourteenth , brushes off her hands and unwraps well-seasoned fish. Anyone familiar with Kaldorei cooking would recognise a well-made Suan’iri; seasoned rockscale cod which cooked then baked wrapped in Fadeleaf. It was wrapped in in a broader thicker leaf for protection.

The druid finishes her meal and absently listens to the people talking nearby.

The Ren’dorei.

A few human things the druid had picked up from her bald, Kirin Tor friend; she rolled her eyes.

She stood and approached, “I suggest you stop lamenting the weight of your ‘curse’ and put it to good use to rid the world of its enemies… and you will be out the way so I can tend to Brightsprig behind you.” The druid gestures to the to the tree behind them; the marks on its bark make a small smiling face.

The familiar smell lures Shalim near Terínhta. He loudly sniffs and focus his gaze upon the cooked fish.
“Suan’iri, it reminds me my childhood. The times, where everything was fine. The times where I was studying to become one of the druids. Unfortunately it was not my fate to live peaceful life…”
Shalim quickly realizes that his thoughts went out of his mouth.
“Do you think I can taste it? It looks delicious.”
The Illidari comes closer to druid. The remains of his eyes met the druid ones.
“I can assure you, that I will do everything in my power to save this world. The fel that flows in my veins may be evil, but I will do everything to bend it to good deeds. And if I ever failed to contain the demon within me, I am prepared to face my end.”

Leaning with her arms folded against a nearby wall, and looking in the opposite direction of Shalim, Cathríon begins to speak. “If you spent half as much time actually aiding Azeroth as you do attempting to convince everyone that is in fact what you do, then this planet’s future would be secured for many years to come. Alas …”

Cathríon then turns her head to face the Demon Hunter, looking him up and down for a moment before unfolding her arms to gesture vaguely in the direction of the Demon Hunter, indicating he isn’t dong anything of worth in regards to the safety of Azeroth, before once again folding them, and looking off into the distance.

“You two are like an old married couple… are you sure there is nothing between the two of you? Beside the hatred of course…”

The Shal’Dorei looks up from her notes

“Is pointing out mistakes in someone’s actions ‘hatred’ now? I’m sure that if she hated him, she’d just avoid the guy like a plague. The fact she bothers to talk to him tells me that she’s likely trying to… advise him? Teach, maybe?”

Cathríon raises a brow. “How are we like an old married couple, exactly?”

“Well, the constant bickering, witty combacks and when he is around you are armed with sharp worlds and the fact you could kill a man at ten paces with one blow off your tounge…!”

She smiles

“Actually… you and Shalim are kinda cute”

“What constant bickering? This is the first time I’ve ever spoken in the direction of that individual. Speaking of wit, perhaps if you decide to be smart and condescending at the expense of someone you’ve never even met before, you should be a little more particular in regards to the one you direct it towards …”

Cathríon begins to stroll off in a casual manner. “… for if you were familiar with me, you would be aware I am always armed with sharp words, not to mention the fact I can slash someone apart with verbal razors from even further than ten feet. Hopefully those notes you’re reading offer advice in regards to reading people better.”

Cynithra snickers at Cahtríons sharp words and gives off a smile
“I’ve no intention to get into a squabble with you, I simply find the conversation amusing”

“She is right, I should go back to work. But part of my contribution is also finding and convincing other people to help us. We Illidari are simply not able to do it on our own. We need help from others. But they are so busy, because of the faction war and their unending hatred towards each other…”
Shalim is prepared to leave but he still has a few words for Thyrellas.
“I don’t feel any hatred or love towards her. She is right, less speaking, more working. I hope she will obey her own rules though.”

“An Illidari admitting that they can’t save the world on their own? That has to hurt more than that time you got your eyes burned out by Fel magics”

I can imagine dying hurts even more.

1 Like

“Depends on how you die doesn’t it?”
Behind Nithara Belaria inspects her nails before beginning to paint them, but continues to talk.
“There are plenty of ways to end a life without causing pain, to the physical shell at the least, can’t speak of the spiritual or mental pain one endures during death, but I am certain there are actions that keeps the other part alive while causing maximum damage in one way or another.”

“There are ways to end a life without doing so violently at all. Strange ways of course; sometimes crueller fates than death; but painless.”

“Well,if you’re going to kill someone,then grant them the respite of death at least,no matter how painful or violent it may be,that’s what matters the most.”
She pauses for a second.
“As much as I wish I wasn’t,I’m speaking from experience.”

“Eh, don’t you lot animate the dead?”

“There’s quite a gap between raising an inchoate construct of dead,unthinking flesh,and damning the soul of a living being to bind them to their own reanimated corpse.The former,as morally questionable as it may be to some,does not hurt anyone”