Whats up with tanks?

im agree fully survivability is good and yes aoe aggro is really issue . especially when dps is 10 itl higher then you you can feel it when they crit two times in row then happy days …

2 Likes

Yeah, the sensation of BFA tanking so far is like shifting bricks to hold all the mobs on me in the first 6-10 seconds of pull because ppl almost start hitting their cds earlier on mobs than me hitting the first guy in the pack lol. Which wouldnt be an issue if the threat generation wasnt nerfed like that.

1 Like

yes some dps thing when you hit one mob with shield or judgment you have full aggro on all mobs instantly and they shout on you aggro . i even experience hunter and rogue who shout aggro aggro but non of them even use misdirection or TOT . really blizzard need do something with this mess till we have ppl who play this game .

1 Like

the problem is that it is impossible to make tanks stronger in anyways or form, and this is due to how pvp works.

you buff tanks so they can whitstand more dmg, and give the higher dmg so they feel as they can do that also, would make them immortal in pvp, it sucks big time due to it, and one reason not many wants to play tanks at all, due to how slow it can be to do anything else whitout having to respec all the time.

personaly I would make tanks do higher dmg, be able to whitstand a little bit more dmg from bosses, removing the need to have to kite trash mobs, for the most part. I would most likely simply fy the tanking a little, like ignoring some migtation skills and rewamp those skills to do dmg instead, offcourse leaving some skills still that they can protect them selfs whit.
I would do the same for healers also, making them do more dmg atleast so you can solo play and quest.

but doing that pvp needs a full rewamp, where you have a total new tree that only works in battlegrounds, heck for world pvp i would not change anything, becuse that should never be balanced anyways.

maybe in pvp im pve player so i cant comment. but from pve part be a tank suck and is more frustrating aggro is really bad and affix for some dungeon is just a joke . combination or even affix itself is so badly scripted . so many times for example we have explosive orbs in texture and so on .
ppl say WOD was bad, I think BFA is not far behind. sorry if ppl feel im negative but current state of game is horrible and you can see marketing division leading game not game intusiat developers . what is really sad. and also they need address low population of realm and unbalance in some of this realm for instance outland have 86% alliance and 14% horde . also guild need to be more important then selfish solo play.

1 Like

You just explained it’s an obvious PIBKAC (Problem is between keyboard and chair), what can Blizzard do about that?

Aggro is, for me, rarely ever an issue - unless they go in without thinking before you even positioned them / did more than just taunt them. 1 Thunderclap or 1 Avenger’s Shield is usually enough to get aggro and to maintain it. Woohoo, hard life.

We’ve had times where a Threat Meter was mandatory. Checking your threat, coming close to the tanks? Stop / use something to reduce it. Oh lord, I haven’t used one since TBC - never ever has it been a real issue ever since. Ever seen someone, even 20ilvls higher than the tank, overaggro during a bossfight? I haven’t, not after TBC at least.

Solution: let them die. Eventually they have to learn.

Heh it also depends what dps you meet in dungeons. If you running with mage who spam frost olt while his orb isnt even on bar than sure you will have no issue with threat.

But show me how can you have no issue if your dps open 100k aoe while thuderclap hit for 9k.

Yes checking threat like in past and wait for tank to make enough threat isnt possible now because every second count in m+.

1 Like

yes in past was much better and this aggro is unbalance they really need to address this especially in M+ like you say every minute count and dps will not wait when tank will have enough to keep aggro.

im sorry but one thunder clap or avenger shield is not enought at all only if you tank is same Item level is he is below dps problems starts . this even blizzard admitted

Blizzard admitted what? That it’s hard to keep aggro nowadays?

Well, I’m sorry, haven’t noticed it really (not on my prot paladin, nor prot warrior) as long as people let you hit them first. And often enough I have dps equal or higher than me, going all nuts on aoe packs.

Sure once in a while you may have to taunt a mob if it got focused, but it’s far from hard to hold aggro honestly.

Bears have issues with holding aggro (and they are also a healer mana sponge), but paladins should be fine in that department. They don’t do as much damage as protection warriors, but they usually hold aggro fine and are also easy to heal. (This is up to +12, don’t have more experience in BFA.)

that mentality is a problem by itself too. i had some mythic+ that refused my prot tank a lot ( not so much lately anymore XD). those “low tier” tanks would be absolutely fine for those keys or heroic raiding but people always want the cherry because some mythic 10+ players or mythic raiders say so (or the score) :stuck_out_tongue:

Boring for whom? this is no argument… it’s like saying healing/dps’ing is boring but to whom? certainly not to me and some others that are having plenty of fun tanking and mind you I’m doing it on 4 different classes.

Now, healing in my opinion is boring does it mean everyone are like me? does it mean the role is boring? not really… it’s just something I don’t enjoy but I do enjoy tanking and dps’ing, a lot.

The only problem I see is that people come up with shallow arguments because they can’t really handle the role so they blame the game, class, role or anything else but themselves.

This will change nothing and doesn’t make a lot of sense but more importantly it wouldn’t encourage people to play tank just because you have more of the same role.

I play vengeance, in fact, it’s my main and I’m having plenty of fun with my DH.

Do I think that vengeance need some buffs? yes! but at the same time I wouldn’t miss an opportunity to tank on my DH.

Coming up with “fun to play” arguments is just weird, I mean, instead you can just say what you’re missing or what would make it “fun to play” for you.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.