What's your expectation about Mythic+ on Dragonflight?

Hello everyone, I don’t know will this get attention from anyone or everyone feel the same about it; but I don’t like some of the current dungeon affixies or the philosophy behind it. I’ll list the things I’m thinking; if you can put your opinions aswell that would be amazing ^^
All of the things below is my opinion and writing those to discuss about it, if I unwillingly say something bad, hurt someone who worked hard on that system/affix, I’m really sorry about it.

• Tyrannical and Fortified feels a bit unnecessary; putting to much work to balance team aswell. And we saw a few times on the patch notes, some boss mechanics effected from fortified, some tyrannical boss abilities scaled high. People are waiting fortified weeks to push etc. Just a bit lower upscale percentage of both and put them together. So every week might be a push week aswell and balancing those might be easier.

• As I believe every game company wants players do stay in the game as much as possible. And one of the biggest repeatable aspects of the endgame is Mythic+. I think you should get rid of all of the annoying affixes. Affixes should be fun to play with instead of annoyances. Or there should be some fun affixes with annoying ones but fun ones should overcome annoying ones. One of the players shouldn’t say something like

Those affixes are meh for this reset., I do one or a few weeklies and dont touch mythic+ again for this week.

• Mythic+ is a system that, when you make a route, defeat enough creatures and all of the bosses while beating a timer. So while bosses stays the same big pulls effects most of the timer/dungeon. In a content like that there shouldn’t be antibig pull affixes like bolstering, explosive etc. I’m not saying I can’t manage this, I’m saying its really annoying to deal with. I mean turning one time hitted orbs every 2-3 seconds on pull annoyes me, annoyes most of the people I believe. Instead of keeping me in the game it pushes me away.

• I don’t know how many Mythic+ I done since Legion expansion. But I can easily say, its a lot(probably over 5000 completed runs since Legion’s start maybe more, maybe less). You might say; “you done a lot, It’s okay you get bored or annoyed” but the things is most of the dungeons count was in Legion. It was kind of new system and it pulled me yes but most of the reason I get pulled was the freedom inside of it. Only thing that locked in were your talents and you were able to swap legendaries, sets, trinkets. I’m not saying bring those back, because creating like 5-6 different item sets with different trinket combos for each different pull etc. It can annoy people from obvious reasons but I’m really missing the freedom feeling of it. the decisions what I want to do and how I want to do it on entire dungeon duration was really good feeling. I believe that feeling is something to think about it.

• My last point is maybe the most important one. This is about the ones who leave the pug groups. I know everyones time is precious. But don’t getting any punishment about it while keyowner and rest of the group get punished about it. First of all any uncomplated key shouldnt be diminished unless owner wants to. So If someone leaves from to group you might give some buffs or a NPC to fill the spot. It might not give mythic+ rating or key dont get any upgrade maybe but people can get their weekly saves and loot from the run. They can get something from their time invesment. It can happen to anyone to some IRL can come up and you can leave the instance ofcourse but there’s a lot of people which leaves the dungeon with any little mistake while doing their toxicity. I don’t know If you ever went for lower mythic+ runs for valor farms etc. You go there and you do a bit more contribute then the other members of the group and when they do something wrong or do a mistake they feel really bad about themselves because they kind a traumatised from toxic players before and to be honest that makes me feel really sad and breaks my heart because when I started this game, when I ask something, when I need some help with something, when I do some mistakes, I never encountered something like that and at the moment it looks like really hostile enviroment for a newcomer.

Sorry about for the long post and If you read all and come here read this aswell thank you for the time you spend, take care ^^

The only thing i need is more dungeons so i don’t feel claustrophobic
Shadowlands was horrible first 2 season i was playing same 8 dungeons
even now i have nighmares about it :smiley:
more more and more dungeons 8 is not good starting point 10-12 is good one in my opinion

2 Likes

The only thing I wish for is less trash so the devs have easier time to balance all specs. Raids are on point most of the time but people feel excluded in m+ because of heavy ae blasters. (including me)

1 Like

If most of the dungeons you did were in Legion, that IS a sign that the novelty thing just became less interesting to you over time. I did more than 1000 runs in last season alone, which was more than the season before, which was more than the season before that, and so on. I’m currently doing 50+ a week. I’m the opposite. I find it more fun as I get better and I’m able to progress further. Some of the affixes are more fun than others and I tend to play different characters more or less depending on affixes. (I played my feral druid a lot last week, for example, because it was raging week and soothe classes were in high demand, I played my lock a lot more on storming week and a lot less last week because volcanic is frustrating as a caster.)

I’m not sure that I agree with this. Looking at the highest keys run by the top 5 warlocks in the world, 28 are fortified and 22 are tyrannical, so the numbers are fairly close. The changes made for SL have made tyrannical keys much less of a road block.

Every affix is annoying to someone. I guess that means we should get rid of all of them.

Bolstering doesn’t prevent big pulls; it just requires dps to use their brains. Explosive is a slight limitation on pull size, but I’ve done some very big pulls successfully where the tank and healer deal with the explosives and the dps focus on killing mobs fast, using their utility and not taking avoidable damage.

This horse was long ago beaten to death here. I’m not even going to bother reading the rest of this paragraph. If you want to know why your suggestions are spectacularly bad, just read some of the many other threads on the subject.

The change I would like to see is for the devs to recognise that mythic plus is the most popular end game content and balance specs around it rather than balancing for raid and leaving M+ to take care of itself.

1 Like

Hopefully more dungeons and with better or at least on the same design level as Shadowlands dungeons.

Ok i agree that some affixes kills the week.
What is your suggestion for new ones? Anything in mind?
I myself for example love the design of the latest kiss/curse affixes tormented an especialy cryptic are amazing idea imho. They should focus on these instead of Tyranical of fortified.

I would also like way more often tuning pases for m+ pvp raid etc…the disparity between specs especialy in aoe is colossal.

I feel like its more “those changes that were made in shadowlands made fortified afixes way wqy more pain in the backend…so the tyranical doesnt feel that horsepoop.” …tyranical is the aame roadblock…imho.

Then your dps output has decreased by a relative 10% because tyrannical has been nerfed from 40% to 30% since the start of SL.

About tyrannical or fortified it also depend a lot with what classes you play. Some are real single target pumpers. Groups with classes like that do not understand why a key dies on the 1st boss of mists, but it really wrecks a lot of keys.

1 Like

I also feel for what you said competition, challenging is also good because it feels really well when you accomplish something. I dont want you to get effected but lets imagine this. Mythic+ seperated into two ways.
Lets call it to first version “Challenging Mode” where Ilvl is capped, progress is account-wide, every level you completed unlocks next level on all dungeons. Lets say every levels you accomplished mobs health gets higher, challenging affixes start to appear on every 5 levels you completed. So with different affixes you can jump toon to toon, progress and more you play more you get better aswell.

Lets say other version is hellway mode with some beneficial affixes like thorgast anima ones (obviously with a lot of reducement on effects) or something like diablo shrines in a dungeon enviroment. Lets casuals to cheese and have fun and which class you were playing really doesnt matter

why shouldn’t both version co-exist?

I know current affixes playable around them but It’s not fun much of fun for healer hitting explosive where he/she should’ve do healing same goes for the tank etc.

Tyranical is currently not a roadblock but roadbump with the recent nerfs (2 years of expansion since the release almost but still some dungeons bosses gets nerf so I’m agree to disagree on this one) but both of them is unnecessary to have it doesnt change a thing. I believe Its still unnecessary weight to carry for balance team.

you said curse and kiss so, lets say something like, If you dont use any aoe ability for 30 sec, your X single target spell hits %200 and hits to 2 closest target aswell.

If you stay still for 12 second, you can move while casting and your haste increased for 6 sec.

Your aoe effects hits %50 more damage but you get %50 more damage from avoidable aoe effects aswell.

there will be some waterly pools in ground, If you stay in them you deal %20 more damage but your max health reduced %10 aswell stacks up to 9 time. when you move out of pool stacks resets immidately.

or some tank affixes like where mobs in combat gets buffed for 10 second periodically (like quaking) gets heavy handed they do %100 more damage but their movespeed decrease %60 or vice versa where mobs movement speed increased and no longer get stunned or root but hits %40 less damage.

or where tank got hit by 2000 direct hit goes berserk modes for 20 sec and hits %200 more and takes %50 less.

or where the tank doesnt get any hit 15 second while in combat tank reflects all the damage received for 6 seconds(starts with the first hit he gets)

I dont want see any kind of affixes or timer in Dragonflight so remove completetly.

Already almost every week is a push week, tyra isn’t ideal, but you can still push way more than you was able before. I don’t find these two affexies to be a problem anymore. Things like necrotic, bolstering, spiteful or inspiring are way, way worse and way less fun to play.

They should do more affixes like seasonal, for example if mob drop sanguine, it heals for 20secs by standing in it, but after 20secs it’ll start doing damage. Something like this, to create way more interesting ways to play keys and not being punished non stop.

In the end you’re constantly punished for something. From depleting the key, to playing the key with terrible affixes, or even for playing it and not getting enough gear - so you have to raid to get decent items, because great vault isn’t enough and valor upgrades are 1. too expensive, 2. time gated, 3. you have to drop the item first, which can be problem with nerfed loot at the end of dungeon.

one thing they could do is increse the gear that drops after compleating a key, as it is now, even if you time 10 keys you in theory can come out with no gear at all, or let people buy gear giving more people the initiative to run keys, and at same time remove the vault, or up the vault so you can get items from every aspect you do, like if you raid and do m+ you can choose 1 item each every week, up to 3 items if you do pvp also, or keep it at 2.

also M+ could be removed and instead put in some sort of rating system instead, where time do count, but also deaths, even time on how fast you killed a boss, and at the end you get an average overal time and loot according to that, though that probably would be confusing lol, I just feel M+ as it is now is becomming outdated, specialy the affixes and the counter counting down, cause it unfortunately also shows the wors parts of humans if anything is competitive.

1 bdk 4 dragons. Dks maintain RDW build according to the new talents. Dragons are going to be broken as the new class…

More poorly designed dungeons and insanely grindy content

I think m+ is only getting better each expansion. The difficulty progression is much more linear now, so you don’t hit the wall the same way.

I would like to see new affixes, designed around specific classes/specs, to shake up the meta each week.

1 Like
  1. More loot
  2. Better balancing

Blizzard need to balance dps better like ever dps should have a decent AoE spec and a Decent ST spec so that you can see who is going AoE dps and who is going ST. some classes just dont have a choice now.

I agree with you. 10 different dungeons per season is great. 5 DF + 5 old ones.

Then do mythic 0? Just a thought :man_shrugging:t2: