What's your favorite covenant?

I thought the Necrolord would be my favorite covenant with the Venthyr a close second. I thought I’d dislike Night Fae the most, mainly because the brain worm that was furry memes was eating my mind as well.

Turns out, on my warrior, wearing big bulky red transmog with spikes and fur, I enjoy Night Fae the most.

They seem to be the most developed covenant, their covenant activity makes in-world sense, their story is relevant to the story at large. All the other covenants have self-contained stories that everyone can ignore completely. The main thing I’m sad about is that I just now got to experience Night Fae.

3 Likes

Kyrian because it gives you soulbind/buffs early

Illidans Harem covenant … >.>

but seriously dont have a fave yet :confused:

2 Likes

I love the Venthyr Aesthetic.

5 Likes

Me too! And their transmogs are the best :smiley: And I want the stoneborn to be a playable race. But the venthyr campaign is severely disappointing, it’s just gathering medallions. And in terms of meaning, I’m quite sad it didn’t explore aristocratic corruption enough. Come on, vampires are literally all about how the wealthy feed on the blood of the poor, and the Venthyr campaign is all about how “Denathrius was the wrong kind of aristocrat”, as the “good” aristocrats host anima feasts during an anima drought.

1 Like

night fae ofc

1 Like

Kyrian and Venthyr, I like the aesthetic and the mounts they have.

1 Like

I originally wanted to be Venthyr for its aesthetics and because I love vampires, but back at the start of SL, the necrolord UH Nova was a better ability, and the covenant has a lot of metal band references. Just watch the zone’s soundtrack… starts with a metal riff sending chills down my spine.

So Necrolords it is, but considering Venthyr.

1 Like

I wish they would’ve added a bit more links to Worgen and Undead to the vampirey Venthyr campaign. After all, the covenant concept stems from a certain fantasy genre that revolves almost exclusively around the relations between those three races.

As for Blood Elves, well… Kael’thas was a great implementation but also kind of unfinished story line with many lose ends. No particular links to him meeting representatives of his own tribe, no links to Sylvanas, no whatsoever relations to other SL lore characters except for Lady Vashj. Bit underwhelming.

Anyways, I welcome you to the Night Fae covenant and think it’s great you’ve grown to like them for some very valid reasons. :slightly_smiling_face:

The approach to combine Celtic mythology with African / Caribbean / Native American mythology and make it a domain for naturalistic tribes and classes in World of Warcraft is great. And I especially like the Elune story line progressing into it.

2 Likes

Someone here called them ‘Chadlords’ which made me lol.
Them and Kyrian because both have a ‘soldier like’ dutiful approach to everything.

Kyrian definetly because fits the paladin, and im lucky its also the most functional one

they all blow thematically but in terms of gameplay nf wins

Night Fae.

• Looks pretty
  • Actual proper Fae lore with the sinister overtones to it.
  • We get to chill with Bwonsamdi, one of WoWs best characters.
  • Lady Moonberry is a psychopathic faerie.
  • Got to chill with Huln, good times.
  • Neverending Story cosplay
  • The story is nuanced and has depth and isn’t just a “complete the tasks” such as “collect medallions” or “get the houses in order” or “omg it’s the forsworn again, stop them again pls”.
  • actual feels watching proper consequences of the anima drought with seeing the dead groves and Ursoc. Apparently other covenants are struggling but I don’t really see much stuff that is on the nose about it.
  • Drust. Drust are cool.
  • Night Fae covenant abilities tend to look amazing (Faeline Stomp has the best visual in the game, fight me on this)
  • Podtender can troll people hard in pvp and also is a great pseudo CR/ skip in m+
  • Gardening is cool. Mats for days
  • Covenant sanctum has everything of import in close proximity to each other.
  • Our portal system is a wisecracking geriatric mushroom.
  • Illusion: Wild Soul makes the others look crap
  • We get cool meme boss fights in the theatre. The play scenario is actually amazing.
  • Lady Moonberry. Did I mention her? When not cackling manically when lighting Drust up with sparkly fire she is doing a better job is extracting anima from venthyr charges than the venthyr are.
2 Likes

Venthyr or nightfae. Nightfae zone clear winner

Night Fae :butterfly: :leaves:

But Venthyr is close second :drop_of_blood:

I’m just a fan of Vampires thanks to Marceline the Vampire Queen.

1 Like

Before SL i thought Venthyr would be my go to covenant but now i have to say i dislike it allot and Necrolord which was originally my least favorite actually became my favorite covenant. The characters there make it fun and i really enjoy their covenant ability and brutish war style.
With Kyrians i like their armor but that is it. The rest is boring and Path of Ascension is a nightmare and their ability is unpleasant to use. Never liked the place down abilities. Same goes for Night Fae, also night fae armor looks terrible on a hunter.

My favorite is Venthyr as I tought it would be and Necrolord being second (again as predicted), however as it turns out NF is not my most hated, turns out that honor goes to the Kyrians, thats to say I dislike BF anyway less, its essentially what I expected, however the Kyrians did surprise me in how awful they are.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.