Whats your goal in WoW?

I know this is just a game.

Some of you just play to relax from the outside boring/working world.

But why do you play exactly?

What is the point to get the best gear from M+ keys, etc?
You do the same boring dungeons and raids again and again.

And your farm starts again in a few months when a new patch/expansion is released. What is the goal?

I dont get why you doing this as PvE players? Where is the fun?

I enjoy completing the content even though I don’t raid with a guild. Long term goal is to complete as many achievements as possible.

I play because I enjoy raiding mythic. More precisely, I enjoy raiding for Cutting Edge and the challenge of it. For me, gear is only a tool to aid me in that. That being said, BfA is hella bad expansion for just that, considering all the things I have to do in order to raid at the level that I do.
And in between the raids, I usually like to do some random stuff, like pet battles or running old raids for mounts, pets, transmog or achievements. Well I would anyway if this particular expac didn’t eat away all my time in needed stuff.

I could ask the same thing, why do you enjoy getting screwed over by the game devs patch for patch?

Dunno exactly what the point of the question is, it’s really not that deep.

I enjoy depleting Lxser’s keys :flushed:

3 Likes

I enjoy the world itself and all the small stories in it. Except for Howling Fjord. Howling Fjord can be struck by the next Cataclysm.

1 Like

I don’t - I try to explore others aspects of game too.

Long term goal - keep playing
Short term - it’s keep changing like mount achivements etc.

Well i find PvP to be boring and/or frustrating and idk maybe its just me but i do find some similarities in it with MOBA games and i hate MOBA games (actually returned to WoW as my main game to escape them) .

You pointed it out really well i play to relax and escape the outside world. With PvE i have no problem relaxing even while playing the more challenging content.
My aim this tier is to get 480 ilvl and get some mythic bosses down at some point then take a break till SL. I know its silly to make an ilvl as a main goal but here is my reasoning i know i want to take a break at some point and i know i want to do some Mythic proggresion , im from a lol pop server and we wont be able to clear it so i set 480 as for when i will be taking my break.
But overall my main goal for raiding is to get as strong as i can get and tackle the most challenging content.

To have fun.

To do all manner of activities in the game that is fun for me like:

1. Making some gold on the AH by trading. Farming mats and selling them can get boring quickly, but if it is an easy farm why not. Mostly I leave the farming to the multi-boxers. Buying mats and making stuff from it and then selling it again is way better and much more profitable. The 2000 gold emissaries are also good especially if you have a few characters.

2. Getting some gear for my characters (I have 14 of them). Not the best just enough to keep up with what is dropping on WQs which currently is about 420.

3. Pet battles and pet dungeons. WoW is better than Pokemon. Pets also don’t do too bad on the AH and they are a good way to transfer gold between realms.

4. I have even tried a little Role-Play. It’s quite fun or even just watching some Role-Players do their thing is quite entertaining even better than whats on TV these days.

5. I quite enjoyed hunting for the hidden stuff in the game as well like the whole Uuna, Ba’al and Waist of Time expedition. It was quite nice.

6. Getting hunter pets for my hunters. Pets like Loque’nahak and that spectral Gryphon that spawns by the flight master in Stormwind but you have to get it with a Horde character with warmode on or the spectral raptor in Ogrimar but as Alliance with warmode on.

7. Raids and Dungeons are confined LFR and LFD and only for completing story-line stuff on my main. In WoD they had satchels that actually gold in them and you could make loads just by running tank or healer in LFR.

Also lets flip the question why do you find PvE repetative and PvP not ?

Why watch T.V.? Why go to the gym? Why go out every week with friends? Every aspect of life can become boring and repetitive, but for most people they will say ‘because I enjoy it’

It’s personal choice some will say raiding/end game, others will say visions, achievements, pvp, lore, pet battles etc.

As much as we all complain on the forums, we must still enjoy the game or we would not continue to play :slight_smile: The goal has to be enjoyment of the game and whatever it is people do to find that fun.

If you have lost the fun in the game, maybe it’s time to take a break. Maybe come back for Shadlowlands and see if you can rekindle your love of the game :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, what do you achieve by doing Mythics+ ?

Doing PvP - you got some numbers on your character (Hon.Kills / Hon. Levels) in the Armory. But PvE dont give you anything “permanently” to show off. Why you do the boring M+`s then?

You have to remember that just because you find something boring, not everyone else will think the same, others will enjoy Mythic+

You can’t force people to share your point of view. Just enjoy what you enjoy in game and leave others to enjoy what content they prefer.

2 Likes

Gym? WTF is that?

To stab things more efficiently

3 Likes

I dont, its boring, I just think its pointless…
Why do you play M+ to get gear, and where are you gonna use thise gear? When the new patch is comming, you must farm another gear.

If you do not play PvP, you dont need a gear at all!

PvE is fun with warcraftlogs, I was the 2nd highest parsing warlock in the world on onyxia for about a day thanks to some beautiful RNG. PvP is fun when class design is good so it hasn’t been since WoD, in PvE I could just be spamming shadow bolt and have a good time if the meters looked impressive.

Primary goal was getting the curve for each raid

however that has changed in bfa, now it is getting M+ 10 for all dungeons and rank 3 for all essences (just C+S to go - hit 1K yesterday for season 4 so 10 more weeks!) If the curve comes than great but I won’t sweat on it.

Number one goal right now is 5million gold (at just over 3 currently)

I’m also going to explore group content on other characters (have a bunch of alts over 440 (just essences letting them down) since DH is going to get murdered by the nerf hammer for shadowlands!

• Having most iconic character/class fantasies
  • RP
  • PVP

Stealing other peoples questitems while they fight a nearby mob

1 Like