When did the community become so toxic?

There was always an element there but it has reached new heights. Everyone is like go, go, go or kick, kick, kick. This won’t stop by reporting people etc. there needs to be some fundamental change in-game. Maybe people are just bored of their class with the same class mechanics for so many years or something but the game is just not fun to play in groups anymore. Or maybe this is a server or HORDE problem?

Welp, online communities are usually toxic. There are exceptions but thats the norm. You hide behind a keyboard and you take away the fear of confrontation or escalation and that’s the result. It doesn’t also help that being toxic is easier than being a decent human being. It gets tiring to deal with it, but you eventually get used to it. If you expect to get a toxic response out of someone just ignore him or dont even open the whisper chat. That what i usually do. But what i can say is its definitely not a HORDE problem. Alliance too is a salt mine.

We shouldn’t have to ignore it. Its not even just the toxic whispers, it the fact everyone just rushes everything and they either leave or kick you.

Always has been a problem, and it has heightened in both factions. It’s just easier to be judgemental than helpful, and thus indirectly it has become much easier to be exclusive than inclusive.

It’s a community problem that never really tried to fix itself even by the creators of the game whose contingency is equal to slapping you on the wrist.

1 Like

you are correct, however for the most part this is the progression of the human gamer logic. We are all hardcore and want to be among the highest rated groups.
Again we have to bear it for now, many companies have tried to fight this the mobas but Toxicity prevails.

Tsk… nah. I’ll vote with my wallet and just play something else. Uninstalled. I wish I could refund my remaining time.

Why do you put impatience in the same basket as toxicity?

Not wanting to wait around for someone to solve global issues is not the same as telling someone that made a mistake that they are worth less than dirt.

Also, on topic. If you often experience people telling you to hurry up then it’s most likely because you are going way too slow in comparison to the majority of the playerbase. I don’t find it particularly weird if someone is used to something taking a certain amount of time and then suddenly that time spent is doubled because someone in their party is a snail.

We’ll miss you and your generalising some people to mean “the community”.

Think it’s more a you problem, I don’t seem to encounter your problems :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.