When is dk going to get slowed down?

Blizzard keep saying we are these slow juggernauts but we are still mashing buttons beyond a reasonable rate for that fantasy.

For the love of all things unholy get rid of the random resources already and put in the 3 rune types, it’s not even funny at this point, our attacks should be slow but decisive with movement to match and that simply isn’t possible with a system that encourages button mashing and then rewards mashing as fast as possible, at least the old system had reasonable downtime with solid attacks/abilities AND solid gameplay.

The current dk has absoloutley no solid or fluid gameplay, it’s more like gassy gameplay just randomly bouncing around, the resources never being consumed fast enough to keep them out and then when it does eventually find an RNG no-rune situation it is crippling because of the fact it was designed with this mindless ability spam in mind.

Cataclysm was released at the end of 2010, yet I am still waiting for the talent option for 6 runes-no RNG (without runic empowerment) It will soon be a whole decade since the worst class change this game has ever seen short of holy power was introduced yet not adressed.

2 Likes

They didnt meant slow rotation, but slow movement. DKS is one of the slowest classes in the game.

7 Likes

Every sad and lost soul on these forums know that, it is infact a design feature we get for the clear ability to be really dangerous once we get up close, i’m sure you have seen the pvp vids of Frost DK’s just drops Tzar Bomba’s oblits and Froststrikes on those rogues and mages, Ahhh BfA… i’m actually sad that Shadowlands is incoming now, we really did made changes fellow DK’s, i was so sad for so long but BfA really helped me, and shadowland looks so good now that they are listening and fixing the PPM on Killing machine for 2 hand and designing greater runeforges for the very same 2 hand… I mean. they would be Total fools to not to hahah…hah…ahahh…a.h.ha.hahah.ha.ha.h.ha.a.ha.h.h.a.ha.ha.ha.h…h.h,h.ha.h,.,hlal,h.a,h.a,h.,a.h.

Help. us.

Help. This.Class. Help me! HELP ME!

3 Likes

yet it doesnt make sense to slowly walk to your enemy then suddenly start spazzing out when attacking… if you move slow, you should attack slow but powerful.

Besides, frost dk is not slow by any means, we have deaths advance and wraithwalk both on fairly low cooldowns as well as almost immunity to being slowed… it is actually unusually fast for a slow moving juggernaught both in moving and attacking.

Every single time the DK becomes two powerful Blizz takes the bat out and nerfs before it even leaves PTR.
If we ask for more power, we might get nerfed more so we can “suffer well”.
We are not Rogues, Mages or DH so we can be OP for months before something get’s balanced.

So, be happy we can play the class.

1 Like

It’s funny how we’re supposed to be slow, yet brutal juggernauts, and then you have DHs who are super fast and furious brutal juggernauts.

7 Likes

but we can’t play the class and we haven’t been to since death knights were removed from the game, the current rune system, mass rng and soft attacks simply are not the dk class that we rolled years ago.

We have basically been converted into a rogue minus because of some stupid mythic raiders (heroic at the time) constantly comparing runes to energy when there was not even any similarities to them.

Runes were a shared cooldown system, energy was a constantly generating resource… now they have turned runes into energy as they are a constantly generating resource now and not the shared cooldowns we used to have.

3 Likes

In the hunt for the ever elusive “BalanceTM” cool class mechanics are axed, and nearly every class in wow is now a builder/spender with different coat of paint, all thanks to people with no originality and inspiration and utter disability to ever wanting to achieve assymetrical balance as they say exists but the existance of DH alone says no, best mobility, one of the top dmg, utility, toughness and strong cooldowns while We, the frost “juggernauts” are supposed to be slow and methodical but hurt when we get in range but our damage is now divided over many overtime abilities that requires us to stick to a target but that is kinda hard when you are slightly better then paladins despite us having so many snares and are resistant to many snares, atleast paladins can be a DH when they pop wings in the damage department :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: so they should be happy, they are balanced in that way. good thing DH’s design are so good right?

1 Like

use chains of ice

DKs are slow and utterly useless in PvP. Should revert them to Legion style. The GCD really ruined the spec. Clunky and unrewarding class DPs wise in PvP. The rare occasions I see a DK in an arena I rejoice because it’s going to be a dub 100%. The class needs to have the same haste pace as warriors at least. I honestly don’t understand how warriors can have so much pace compared to a frost DK? They have better mobility, damage, better (equal at best defensive) survivability.

5 Likes

# Ion Hazzikostas sometimes does not understand the words he is saying or their logical sense xD

1 Like

um… you do realise we are still the legion style right? It is legion that caused the mass decline of the frost dk. because they took the lazy route, instead of death strike correctly costing 25 runic power to sync with frost strike as it did obliterate, we had it at like 45 runic power and thus more than halving its original effectiveness.

What should have happened is the 40% of damage taken component should have been removed from death strike giving it a flat baseline to work with and then they could have easily added this kind of effect in as death siphon giving you distinct differences between death siphon and death strike.

Also, inb4 better than game developer comments.

You see, the Warlords of Draenor frost dk was good minus the howling blast spamming capability and yet somehow still worse than most of the other classes… not least of all rogues with their ability to automatically heal while murdering and ccing things to death on top of their other many useful components.

All dk ever really had to define itself was death grip which is increadibly niche and i guess chains of ice too but since we had less runes back then, this was distinctly weaker and rightly so.

I will maintain that it is certain other classes that need to be brought down, not the dk that needs to be brought up. double charge mobility removed completely, many movement effects reduced in range/duration etc.

Further changes could have included changing howling blast to 2 runes with an 8 second cooldown with rime not needing to increase its damage but refeshing this cooldown and making it free, this would make howling blast feel far better to use and rime feel far better to gain, effects like echoing howl could simply cause howling blast to trigger rime when howling blast costs runes and something like deathchill could simply remove the cooldown and cost of howling blast for a few seconds. Rime would of course need to become an unremovable effect so you could not just abuse canceling it.

1 Like

We’re not in the Legion style at all. The pace was entirely different. DK’s had the same pace as warriors. One thing that doesn’t help is the GCD on DK’s CDs. DKs were perfectly fine and how they were supposed to be = dangerous at close range and could efficiently get burst off.

1 Like

and legion warrior pace was also awful, just like it is now.

I also don’t like the modern arpg-style combat of mashing buttons over and over while hitting like a wet noodle, solely your spenders or passives are doing dmg, the builders that are like 70% of your rotation feel worthless outside of their resource generation.

in any expansion prior to Legion and for some classes even WoD melees weren’t supposed to have nearely 100% uptime on targets but once they manage to get uptime, they could delete someone within 2-3 globals, it was way more “set up” style gameplay, now I almost always have perfect uptime but I only do something of meaning once every 1-2 minutes or when the stars align and RNG takes over the steering wheel.

the funny thing is that this style of gameplay feels equally garbage from a casters perspective since you get tunneled 24/7 and can’t really ever get away.

they probably took some advice from the diablo devs in that regard, I think it was also at that point in time (in WoD) where many of the former diablo 3 devs went over to work on WoW.

1 Like

I’m talking from a PvP perspective. DKs are clunky and slow and frost especially is a worthless unrewarding spec which can easily be kited. DKs need to have no GCD on their major cds.

1 Like

Trolling Dk’s from a Shaman lol, i love seeing shammies in BG they dont tend to live long, accept my sympathy’s from my very small violin.

How am I trolling? I use to main frost DK. The state of the spec in PvP is terrible - by far one of the worst specs in PvP. They need serious buffs - I hope they are better in SL.

???

It’s one of the most solid 3s specs and doing pretty good in any others PvP content on this moment, buffing it would put it to Havoc/Sin rogue stupidity level

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.