When will they make the game playable?

You can not play 3v3 right now sadly because the game is in such an ultra bad state.

They gotta make 3 important changes. Nerf healers healing, buff disc, nerf pve trinkets. Is this too hard ?

2 Likes

Wrong. Many classes are bottom tier like feral/enh/fDK/aff lock.

If the game was normal those would be atleast playable :slight_smile:

Yeah who doesn’t remember the days of wotlk when fury warriors, combat rogues, holy priests and prot paladins were dominating arenas

/s

This moment when ret pala ask for nerfing healers :smiley:

Some ppl will never understand that main problem is class design

7 Likes

Not only that. They need to give to some classes many of the spells they used to have. Rogues and resto druids survived of the heavy pruning and they perform better…

He is probably disc priest main or plays with one currently. buffed disc with ret would be ultimate cancer with 100k TVs during dark archangel and wings.

well i dont mind an unbalanced game as long as its fun to play. they have to fix class design first everything else is 2nd for me. for example windwalker right now is insanly good however its hellaboring and i wanna kill myself everytime i compare it to mop wod or even legion design, same for warlock etc

1 Like

Healers healing? If you look at Rsham, his Healing Wave is casted 2.2 seconds and it heals for 25k. It’s his best healing ability.

If you can’t outdamage that, it’s that you’re garbage, not that there is any issue with game.

Problem is with cooldowns, not healing.

i think thats more of a symptom rather then the problem, the main problem might be the insane idea to forcefully try and turn every aspect of the game into an esports which just doenst work in a mmo environment. look at the world first race of cos or any other hard raid content. look at the m+ tourny everyone runs the same setup. there is no way to balance this game, this game will never be an esport so atleast try to make it fun to play for the other 99% that play it for fun

1 Like

I think you are very wrong because classes are not designed for esport type of gameplay. Their playstyle is really bland without any depth or utility. There are no interesting interactions between different class abilities and there is no high skill cap for any spec.

Blizzard tries to design a game for everyone where good players theoretically push ratings, progress high M+ keys, mythic raid content and casuals have their “unfailable” content like Warfronts and Island Expeditions (in theory you can lose them) and world quests.

If they would go 100% into esport some players will leave but at least players who expect the game to be more complex would be happy. If they would go full casual top players will leave. Right now they are doing this half commitment into both like having 1 foot into 1 room and 1 into another. This way they lose people from both groups.

Top players are unhappy as the game is boring and because it’s simply designed there is no niche so we see 2x Outlaw Rogue, Prot War and R Druid in every M+ MDI team. Casuals are unhappy as “there is nothing to do” because they want ton of easy content and the problem with easy content that you need more of it as people are running through it very quickly. They need to create fake grinding like Titanforging, artifacts, HotA because then need to make people do something.

Look at true esport games like CS, MOBA games. These games sitll have plenty of fans because they are designed into this direction. CS is even older as WoW. They only released new engine but the game is still the same concept as it was 15 years ago. Same thing for DOTA 2 and LoL - they are based on 16 y.o. RTS game.

What do we get every patch in WoW? Mounts… They think that mounts will cure every WoW’s problem but they won’t when gameplay sucks. The biggest issue is class design. Look at fury Warrior - what does this spec offer? Mongo damage, good mobility (built in rotation) and good selfhealing (also built into rotation).

1 Like

When you mentioned affliction warlock, I was in tears. :cry:

When you vote with your wallet

1 Like

Prot paladins was pretty good in wotlk, same with prot wars (ATC was really good) and Blood DK’s (Blood was super broken s5-s6). Combat rogues was common in 5’s with the Fan of Knives build that did AoE interrupts. It was much more variety of teams back then. Just recently watched some old clips from wotlk s8 and It’s mindblowing what composition people could play with success back then.

Also talent trees was not binary then, so while you didn’t see any priest put 61 talent points into holy tree only. Discs always picked some of the most important holy talents.

1 Like

When 9.0 comes out there will be class balancing that will probably take 1 year. I assume around 2021 WoW will be good game once again if turds that design this game has any brains and balls to make it happen again. If not then WoW will never ever be as good as it was before WoD.

Wotlk was like different game. There were a lot of outplay mechanics. No 100% melee uptime, warlock tanking mid arena, no instant traps etc. You could win with anything vs anything with some games very hard like war/pala vs disc/frost.

Now game is much much easier, difference between worst and best player is lower.

3 Likes

Yes , but heavy pruning made it even more unbalanced

well yeah ofc but they would never reverse a stupid idea i mean look at gcd on everything

ofc I get the main issue is the class design, but they cant change this kind of stuff in mid expansion ?

They wont redesign classes before 9.0 but it does not matter. People stated their opinion about class design durin WoD-Legion-BFA alpha stages and Blizzard ignored every piece of feedback. So there is snowball’s chance in Hell that they listen next time.