Where do I report World Lag?

This is getting really annoying. Despite client reporting 27-29 ms latency all my actions in new zones have what feels like half second delay. It’s no coincidence that this delay starts towards evening as more people join to play.

2 Likes

I can’t even resurrect now and play at all!

1 Like

Hi Hegut, people are talking about stuttering gameplay which feels more like client lag than server lag, you can still see other people moving around and chat works fine instead of everything going quiet and characters stop moving as it happens with server lag, it’s just that there’s severe skipping and unresponsiveness even with a low ms reading.

1 Like

Another to chime in with the problem. |Perfect connection eveywhere but Wow open world.

Drustvar seems to be the worst zone.

1 Like

people are talking about stuttering gameplay which feels more like client lag than server lag

That’s confusing. Client lag only ever means FPS. But we all have 60 fps no? It’s really easy to tell how your own character and UI is smooth all the time. Anything else comes down to latency between client and server, and activity of server itself. But as we narrowed down that latency is low, only thing left to look at is what server is doing and we as players can’t do anything about it.

1 Like

No, by no means everyone has 60 fps, lots of gfx cards were totally boned by the 8.1 patch and there are a very great number of reports (even more than for the lag), of people going from ~100+ fps to ~20-30. Also “Client lag only ever means FPS” is just wrong, whilst that is the most notable symptom of client lag, there are a vast array of causes and ways in which that can effect the client-side experience.

The lag most people are reporting is definitely server-lag though, Blizzard admitted as such in the US forums I understand. Just not in the EU forums.

1 Like

nothing changed… Lags in Stromwind when we fighting with aliance 40 Horde vs 55 aliance Lag Lag lag very Please fix The problem is not in our PC, ALL have this(((

2 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/ability-loot-lag-on-north-american-servers-despite-normal-latency/50358/348 Well same problem on US servers for months so if you still wanna offense us with posts like ”problem is on ours site” than read this thread and stop telling us bulls***s. Actually you could give us more feedback if you are doing something to solve YOURS issue.

Everything what has been writen on US post is happening to me aswell.

2 Likes

Same here on Matheridon server (EU), big lag . When you doing relog its helps for few minutes and after same problem

1 Like

And what are you doing with the information??? Can you guys actually do your work? Pleasee dont just copy paste all the time

1 Like

Dear Hagut and blizzard, I can state that, there is some progress. You know my thread about issue. It seems delay is now less, than 5 secs for me, but still present, like 1-2. So for sure, issue is in WPvP shard system.

Please respond, the US way and try to take some deep info. We know, that you are here in forum to help, thanks.

1 Like

Silvermoon, experiencing severe lag like issues for the past…God even know, feels like forever!

1 Like

Silvermoon, Broken Isles, BFA zones, battlefields are lagging. Even with lost the connetction to the Blizzard and force relogging (char is died).

1 Like

Ravencrest leveling an alt DK in Vashj’ir. Doesn’t matter what time of day im playing, this zone is always lagging. Either looting, attacks/spells, or scenery, and it comes and goes. Its 2am, so there isn’t many players in this place right now, and still the lag is there

1 Like

Stormsong valley is pretty much unplayable. Its reporting 15 ms latency on both home and world, so its not the connection. Its pretty much all people talk about in chat whenever I visit, so its very widespread.

Server - Ravencrest.

1 Like

Twisting Nether Horde - Orgrimmar is permanently lagged out from 2 days, idk whats going on but there is a 1-2 seconds delay on everything when im in the city. Everyone is experiencing it.

2 Likes

Hello there! I made a seperate post of this yesterday after doing the troubleshooting WITH A GM on the chat. And that GM did clearly understand the frustration that are among the players due to this. The GM did say though, that there are no currently known issues with the servers or noticable spikes on their server logs.

But since I didn’t see this post here, nor the GM being aware of this thread, yesterday I was told to make a new one. The more people shed some light on this issue, the more attention the Blizzard staff hopefully will put to this and investigate. I’m sure that the staff will look into this eventually, we can just hope that it does not take too long.

I’m on Outland EU, and physically based in Sweden.

2 Likes

I write about it and got answer from staff that is mine network problem but I know few ppl that in same time had high ms like me. Is it coincidence or not I don’t know. Mine server is Draenor, live in Bosnia.

1 Like

Twisting Nether again, this time Dazaralor city lagging like crazy… At this point im starting to think that the world lag is a BFA feature

2 Likes

Of course you dont have any issues with your servers.

But in Alterac Valley (EU vs EU) tonight several players had a +40 secs lag in the chat window. The game was normal. No delays on abilities or fights. A single player reported 3 secs left for a bunker that was burned down 2 minutes before. I reported ~40 secs for another bunker, but I had a 45 sec lag so my chatmessage appeared a few secs after the bunker was down. I decided to remain silent.
Some of the other players had no lag at all. And luckily the raidleader had no lag.

A week ago I experienced a crazy 6 min lag. I quote from my post in the Battleground section I wrote right after I left that bg:

IoC horde vs ally (russians)

Around 19:51 I type “ally gates down in next pass” and press Enter in the chatbox.
Several passes later as we kept bombing the ally yard with shipguns:

[19:57:44] [I] [120:Multiproc]: ally gates down in next pass
[19:58:58] [I] [120:SomeHunter]: multiproc the gates are down already…

lol wut!?! All my chatmessages were delayed like this in that bg. I’m familiar with lags varying from 2 to 10+ sec in the chatwindow. But 6 mins?

It Seemed like not everybody were affected by this lag though.

As I wrote earlier not everybody were hit by the lag. But simple communication is more or less impossible as it is now.

2 Likes