Which races do you see the least?

I’m seeing Pandaren, female Dwarves and gnomes the least.
Maghar and female Goblins on Horde side.

Even Worgen, especially the female kind have become unicorns. Is it just me?

What’s your experience in game?

Gnomes and Mechagnomes. If any, they tend to drown in the masses of Blood Elves and Humans.

1 Like

undead …they’re slowling disappearing

3 Likes

Orcs. Can’t find a single one in Stormwind.

16 Likes

Ironically, I’ve barely seen any Pandaren Monks.

Female Dwarves are still relatively popular in comparison to female Kul Tirans. Those are the true unicorns. I see quite a few Worgen in Valdrakken or out in the world on a daily basis, so I wouldn’t put them on the “endangered species list” any time soon either…
Pandaren are rare on both sides, but you still see them frequently enough. So a bit more rare than the Worgen in my experience, but nowhere near the really unpopular choices.

For me, I’d say:

Alliance:

1. Kul Tirans, especially the female ones. I think I’ve only ever seen 2 or 3 of those since they’ve been released. The men are a bit more numerous, but still very, very rare.
  2. Mechagnomes. You just never see any of those anywhere
  3. Beyond that I feel that on Alliance side, races are fairly evenly distributed. You will have a lot of humans, Elves and Draenei, and then slightly less Dwarves and Gnomes. If I were hard pressed for a 3rd least played, I’d say Lightforged Draenei or Dark Iron Dwarf. Both are just “flavour” options of an existing, popular race and either have useless (LFD) or redundant (DID) racial abilities.

Horde:

1. Mag’har Orcs. There’s really no reason to play one after regular Orcs got a couple of aesthetic upgrades.
  2. Zandalari Trolls. Those are so rare. Sometimes I meet one, but it’s really not a race as popular. And it’s not just that allied races are unpopular, Void Elves, Vulpera and Nightborne seem to be doing just fine.
  3. Highmountain Tauren I think…
2 Likes

The Whomfoofians.

When’s the last time you saw one?

Female orcs, female kul tirans, female dwarves.

Lightforged draenei, mag’har orcs, gnomes of all kinds, pandaren and dark iron dwarves are also very rare imo.

Without the allied races because you need to grind for those, female dwarves, gnomes goblins.
Unsurprisingly the most human like race is often the most popular.
(Also it doesnt help they have the best racials)

I kind of never see undead players. Tbf from what I’ve seen so far, their fantasy is not appealing, and their racial abilities also don’t seem very useful compared to others like increased crit damage for dwarves.

Ah yes, I forgot about Kul Tirans and HM Tauren! I do see the former around quite a bit though, the females, too.

There are so many races now. I never tried Kul Tirans, new Orcs nor Vulpera and tbh I don’t intend to.

There is no more grind, that has been lifted.
Some allied races like Void Elves or Vulpera have - even at the time of their release and with the grind still intact - become more popular than some of the core races. So there is a demand for aesthetically pleasing races. And I find it hard to make an argument for excluding unpopular races like Kul Tirans from the poll when popular ARs like Vulpera or Void Elves exist.

In the end, people are going to play what they think looks the best. And there are only so many people who can look at an Orc and say “Yeah. I want that!” despite Blood Elves, Tauren or Trolls being one click away.

I will never understand why people like Blood Elves, I tried, but they just look so anorexic its off putting. When they were robes its okay, but I just can’t get past the stick legs. Would take a female orc over them any time!

1 Like

On AD we have like 50-50 in case of Worgens.

Because they’re what came closest to the “fashion beauty standard” I guess. As said above, people in general like aesthetically pleasing characters. And the slim, frail model for Blood Elves fits the magic using High Elf theme pretty well. WoW kind of has been lacking good looking female models until TBC IMO. Night Elves have weird proportions and stupid animations. Humans have bland animations and could use a gym membership. Dwarves, Orcs and Gnomes are “niche tastes”. Troll have weird feet, resulting in a rather silly waddle. Tauren are cows. Blood Elves have been the first race in WoW to have actually pretty models, both for men and women. Well, personally I prefer Draenei, but the majority of people seem to really like their Blood Elves.

Beyond just the model, the voice acting and animations are just perfection. The Thalassian model oozes character other races simply don’t have. I used to try playing Troll every couple of months for some time, but I found the animations to be a bit “default” and generally unremarkable, especially after playing the “over the top dramatic” Blood Elves.

But that’s just my opinion on the matter. Beauty is after all in the eye of the beholder.

1 Like

No there is some form of grind, u gotta complete the questlines of each zone and get the achievement for the allied races (Questlines dependant on allied race u wanna play). only thing they removed was the rep. I’d love to make a zandalari druid but i cba to play the whole bfa story for them. If I’m not mistaken bliz is removing these requirements

Can’t remember the last time I saw a mechagnome.

Huh? I don’t think a free 30-70k AoE damage (per target) ability with 5m range is useless.

IF you crit of course :smiley:

Trashgnomes (Mechagnomes) are like unicorn