Which side has the best lore/story ?(1-120)

I think there is no objective answer to this after 1-60, but the revamped Cata zones on Alliance side are plagued with unfinished storylines, lack of phasing and joke characters. Even Blizzard IIRC admitted they ran out of time Alliance side (since they did Horde first)
So those zones are objectively better Horde side.

1 Like

You mean you Don’t choose the strapping Bloodelf? (I do, every time. “Come, Zudai gonna take ya for a ride ya neva gonna forget, mon”)

Shure I take that bloodelf girl. who does not?!

1 Like

What do you mean, I see three girls everytime I have to choose :thinking:

1 Like

Sounds like Horde has some great quests I have never tried!

I LOVE reading all this nostalgia :smiley:

1 Like

I hate to tell you…but dat ain’t no girl people…obviously I’m the only one that got to third base.

3 Likes

Badland quests are not faction specific.

Just do you a favour and play them on sub 60 toon

2 Likes

No Idea what you mean. Orc girl, Nightelf girl, human girl and bloodelf girl… Nearly as beautiful as Jenny Awesome <3

4 Likes

PFFFT!!! I don’t believe you - you are not supposed to lie on the internet :unamused:

4 Likes

Nobody is as beautiful as Jenny.

It’s true. Nobody can resist de Troll Charm, mon.

Just remembered another good Questline. Northrend, acting as Saurfangs eyes and ear. The troll we kill even though he’s a spy and a good guy.

Anyone else find it really immersive when we get post from NPC’s? I think there should be more of that.

2 Likes

It is fun, though I didn’t know if I should be grateful or annoyed when the postmaster sended me a scrap of cloth, claiming I left it somewhere :no_mouth:

Where is it? since pruned xp I am finished after Borean/Sholozar in Northrend :-/

That is interesting because as a Horde main i felt the opposite( no sarcasm). Drustvar as Alliance is great, the best and most streamlined zone . But Stormsong Valley omg… so spread and scattered… its not easy to understand which farm is a main story quest and which was a side-quest.

For Horde Voldun and Nazmir are very streamlined.
But yes, perhaps Zuldazar is abit scattered to the new player as well.

1 Like

Beginning of Dragonblight if I remember correctly. Before you get sent to see the dragons. It’s bits of a bigger line that’s pretty meh but I kinda enjoyed the subterfuge.

2 Likes

I prefer the zones with scattered storylines, not one filled with epic moments and cinematics, but one where you get to explore the zone and the people who live there. I think that Legion and WoD focused itself way too much on the big-storyline type of quests, BfA managed to create a nice balance. It’s fine if there is a central questline, but not every quest should be dedicated to it.

That being said, I found myself prefering Cata/MoP quests above the rest of the expansions. Yes, yes, everyone hates the world revamp except a few (including me), but at least on Horde side, you get to explore the zones in more detail while also having an overarching questline. Stonetalon is a good example, although it completely neglected Sun Rock Retreat. Feralas is great for both Horde and Alliance, but specifically Alliance because you get to work more closely with the newly accepted Highborne and the Worgen. Silverpine is a bit too much, but Hillsbrad on the other hand is really well done. The Scarlet Enclave questline is one of my favorite because it really hones in on what being a DK means.

Mount Hyjal is, like Silverpine, a bit too much focus on the central questline which is not that interesting. Uldum is amazing if you ignore Harrison Jones (and that’s perfectly viable). In MoP, I always enjoy Valley of the Four Winds and the Kun-Lai Summit.

I can’t be bothered to care about WoD and Legion zones, the most forgettable of all zones ever made.

BfA’s zones are vibrant, filled with dozens of quests and you really get to explore Kul Tiran/Zandalar culture. I think that Blizzard did a great job here. Overall, I prefer the Zandalari quests, but that’s just because I prefer Zandalari culture.

8 Likes

It’s kinda funny that I feel the complete opposite. On Alliance side I was able to quickly see what’s a side and what’s a main quest: Everything east of the mountain in Drustvar are side quests, everything above Boralus are side quests and everything west of Brennadam are side quests as well. (Stormsong in general is more side quest valley as the main story is done in five minutes and only takes place in a narrow part.)

Personally Stormsong and Zuldazar are the ‘worst’ zones for me: Stormsong because of its short story, and Zuldazar because the quests are all over the place. (ALSO THESE DAMN MOUNTAINS!)

I have quested all after TBC and MoP was taken in one breath. I expect this to happen in BFA, but fail. Inner sense talks me, that I don’t like all the China remake of MoP, but quest line is smoothest in all zones.

edit: About sides… :slight_smile: I am not “Double Agent” and can’t say, but as questline for me MoP is the best.

1 Like

Didn’t you enjoyed Kul Tiran and Zandalai Lore? What you wanted to say is “stay away from the war campaign”.

2 Likes

That zone content they gave us was good, for a time, but inevitably the rest of BfA brings it down. Content drought after the initial zone releases definitely did.

I think Blizzard would have a lot less of a backlash if they completely ignored the idea of a faction war.

An expansion of freeing two nations from internal conflict, while being “in a state of grey peace with the other faction”.

You could have faction scuffles, hell it would have been more interesting to have a COLD WAR over Azurite than the war we got.

Ignore the war and the two islands offer a pretty in depth enjoyable time questing. Like with all chains you have the odd one that you hate (the stupid show jumping horses Alliance Quest :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:) but overall good.

3 Likes