Which spec to level up in with shadowlands?

Hi everyone,

I tried playing a feral druid just there in a dungeon and I did not like the feel of it. It felt like I was a bit energy starved and waiting for buttons to activate and I was not doing a lot of damage. How does anyone else think feral feels?

Wowhead recommends leveling in shadowlands as a feral, but I do not think this would be a good fit for me. I know it has a fast run speed though which is why wowhead probably recommends it.

What spec is everyone else leveling in shadowlands as? I might try Balance next and see if that feels good.

Yeah, the general consensus of everyone maining Feral, myself including, is that the spec has a lot of energy issues. Frankly leveling a druid is always a pain in the bum no matter what spec you roll with. I powered through it with a guardian and switched back to feral again. Even now however I have too many energy issues even if I’m running MoC build. It’s a sad state of affairs.

1 Like

I’ll be leveling my main (this toon) as Feral. Resto and Guardian are out, because Feral does more damage, and I do not plan on pulling half a zone, nor do I plan to solo group quests, or do dungeons during leveling. That leaves me with Balance and Feral, and of the two, I find Feral more bearable. The Eclipse system for Balance is just… not my thing. So I’ll level as Feral on my main.

1 Like

Haaa. Tell me more about that. I’ve had to give up maining druid after 3 expansion because feral is rarely ever good, and that new eclipse system outright made me stop enjoying moonkin - even with the new starfall rework is not enough to keep me playing my druid.

Runs back to Shadow Priest

1 Like

I don’t like feral or balance either, I main resto but levelling as resto isn’t something I’m going to do. Luckily have been trying guardian out and I quite like it so will go that with feral off spec I guess.

1 Like

Leveling up as Guardian in SL and it’s actually quite good. It’s a bit slow but that is a sacrifice for being able to tank elites and down them eventually. I kind of like Guardian now for leveling.

Saw a lot of balance druids too around.

I am leveling as balance, comfortably always pulling 3-5 mobs (with dazar’alor gear/quest gear upgrades, no cloak/Nya raid items), with good gear could do more.
Single target burst is good and being ranged to tag extra mobs from others always helps.

I leveled to 60 with feral only. I already had mained feral in BFA so my gear was made for it. I blasted through the content. Would recommend feral, even if I dont know exactly how balance would be and feel. Have seen quite some balanced druids. So yeah, it basically just comes down to what you like most.

Ive been leveling with balance, around 105 ilvl when starting to level and just constantly tagging multiple mobs.

When i have the energy for it I can pull groups of 10-12 mobs and they almost all die before my treants expire. After that just some easy cleanup.

Balance = easy leveling.

Havent tried feral though, so dont know how well that performs.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.