/Who list and shift click on players names not working in game for me

Hi, I’m having a problem where if I shift click on a players name from say trade chat guild chat, general chat etc then it comes up with ‘‘0 players available’’ despite that player being online. Also, this is happening on the /who list. When I search for players or guilds, they won’t come up, despite being online. Other times they do, though.

Is this a known bug and is there anything I can do about it?

Been happening for a good while now if i /who my guild it comes up with maybe 4 members when there’s 8 online. If a friend comes online i can see them in my friends list but if i /who them they don’t come up very annoying bug.

Edit: there’s a few threads on this so your not alone.

Yep this is getting frustrating. Ive had some friends come back to wow with wierd characters in their names (due their old ones taking from an un-undelete). Usually do /who then ginvite .

Cant…common blizz, how are you failing so miserably on a serious bug ?

I hope this will be fixed with prepatch, it is really annoying.

Bump. Still happens today.

Bump… still happening. Awesome.

Bump - still happening. Surely some feedback on this would be overdue by now?

Blizzard stated back in September 2020 that it’s being investigated. Though I’ll happily bump this as well. There’s been several threads to it and all of them are closed.

For some reason, my reply, that “It was being looked into” was marked as a solution to the problem, which, I don’t think. So I’m hoping since they closed the threads, then it means they’re aware and might be working on it.

10/10 this is absolutely an annoying bug, esp on rp realms. People check a region and it shows empty or 1 person when thats simply untrue or look for guilds that don’t seemingly exist on /who online, its frustrating and irksome that such a command has been left fallow of fix.

1 Like

Bumping this so that Blizzard will actually see this and work on this bug. I remember seeing this bug in the game since even before the pandemic even started.

Can we please get an update on this?

2 Likes

Bump. Are Blizzard even checking in on this bug anymore?

1 Like

Most likely not. They might, but I’m guessing it’s so far down on the priority list that we won’t see a fix for quite a while yet.

1 Like

Please do not repeatedly bump an older thread.