Whos gonna get Anthem ?

I thought how I’m not gonna play it first but with how time goes that game looks better to me and I think how it will be great one to play it on the side when I’m not playing WoW.

I’d like too because I want to give bioware another chance because they said a few times this game is do or die for them but in all honesty I’m gonna wait until the first month after it’s release to see if I’ll buy it

There are some rumours around MTX being the main money making method, if that’s the case I’m not touching it

1 Like

Bioware usually makes good games if its not pushed by the EA to rush them out. Only BW game which was just the average was the Andromeda but due to the reason I mentioned now. BW is currently working on the new Dragon Age game and there were signs how the work on the new Mass Effect one might happen to. I’m not aware that the devs at BW said how Anthem will be a make or the break for the company, that was a speculation made by the fans and some journalists, but BW surely has high hopes for the game since a lot of its resources were invested into it. But I will say how with the Anthem a lot of things will depend on the EA to, will it support the game in the long run or not, SWTOR for instance could be much better game just if it would have a better support and EA is the one with the cash in their partnership which is deciding where the resources will go.

If it’s a FPS, not me… plus it looks like I’d need to buy a new PC just to install it, based on those graphics levels.

Its a third person shooter, with a gameplay similar to the ME Andromeda and the Destiny. The system requirements will not be that high, I will be able to run it on the 2 years old computer, maybe not at the highest settings but at least on the medium.

Here are the Anthem System Requirements (Minimum)

• CPU: Core i5-3570 / AMD FX-6350
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 4 GB GeForce GTX 970 / Radeon R9 290
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 60 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

Anthem Recommended Requirements

• CPU: Core i7-6700K / Ryzen 7 1700
  • CPU SPEED: Info
  • RAM: 12 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: 4 GB GeForce GTX 1060 / Radeon RX 470
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 60 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 4096 MB

Still not my sorta game… thanks, anyhoo.

Anthem is the reason Mass Effect is dead. No way am I getting this game.

ME is far from dead, especially now since Casey Hudson which was one of the fathers of the original ME trilogy ( together with a Drew Karpyshyn ) is in the position of the general manager of the Bioware.

I like the concept idea of Anthem, as i liked the gameplay of Destiny. However having the publisher brand of EA next to it will prevent me from buying it on release.

There’s hope that this might be a great IP, since it has had a long development time, however i will still stand back and watch how it goes. If it’s good and people like it, i will buy it.

I got some bits of hope that Anthem will be good, and that it will take off. Just so that publishers will realize we want a well designed game, and not a rushed one with a brand-name (Battlefield V)

1 Like

If you havent yet try out ME1, I’m mostly on the same page with you as far as shooters go
Its also a Shooter but has so much RP elements that you hardly notice it
It’ll take mostly from that and ME1 isnt as much now do its a good way to see if you like it

You misspelled Andromeda which was given to a different studio full of interns and affermative action hires

The main studio that did ME was doing Anthem, EA wanted another cashcow, then there was Andromeda

Seriously man if you look up the issues with the Andromeda development its embarassing to read and they stated themselves that reaction to Andromeda was the reason it got frozen

If you support the guys who made ME what it was before Andromeda, supporting Anthem isnt a bad move

I still suggest waiting for a month before buying it, wouldnt be the first game to delay p2w cashshop items until after it made good sales

Just don’t like FP point-of-view in games… I couldn’t even get on with Goldeneye on N64. :frowning:

After andromeda, i’m not touching anything from Bioware anymore

The Andromeda complaints are honestly over exaggerated since day one, yes they had some facial mapping issues but the actual game was solid.

​The biggest issue Bioware has is they created one of the greatest games ever made in Mass Effect. It penetrated the market to where even none gamers have played Mass Effect and you see them with N7 gear and tattoos. When you have a game that’s considered on that level its hard to top that. How do you top or even have one aspect not slip a notch in a game that people consider perfect? You had people sitting in a boat just listening to narrative stories as if its story time at the library. How do you release a product that’s better or as good then what is considered the closest to perfection that can be achieved?

​That’s the problem Bioware has. Is every game can’t just be good it needs to be a game of the year. A masterclass in its field. People expect to play through Bioware games several times seeing different branching narratives and spending hundreds of hours through many playthroughs. That’s a tall order to absolutely nail 100% out of the park every time.

Then if you do create something that’s just good you are in this situation where everyone is like the sky is falling. “Will Bioware close?” “Is Bioware a shell of its former self?” “Has Bioware lost its luster?” “Can Bioware make a good game?” etc. When in reality their biggest fault is they rolled out a game in Andromeda that was 7.5 to 8 instead of a 9 or a 10.

Yes, people keep forgetting some years ago the market was full of “good enough” or just mediocre games as well as less people and less platforms that generated all this drama around how everything is going straight to the toilet. I just stopped watching a lot of WoW Youtubers and only following some that actually give me news instead of doomsday prophecies and how they have the exact formula for success.

Now, for me ME: A was ok. I got bored after 40 hours of gameplay and that’s because I’m the guy that likes to do everything in a game and frankly the side quests were a bit boring and it was my fault that I didn’t stop doing them and forced myself to complete each fetch-me-that quest I got. I might go back to it someday though.

1 Like

Be a cold day in hell before i give EA my money.

1 Like

Willing to give it a spin til the end of the main storyline it looks alright i might enjoy it and i’m praying for a success.

1 Like

Hard pass. Reasons:

• I absolutely do not want to support EA.

• Andromeda left a sour aftertaste. I also wasn’t a fan of DA:I, the horrendously ugly characters in that game (thanks, third wave feminism!) and the way they kept switching up the gameplay throughout the series.

• I read an article where the author mentioned that a dev told him all the story development will take place inside the main hub. That obviously does not bode well for the story department of the game.

• I’m generally done with these big corporative game developers/publishers who not only abuse the current gaming environment to push their consumer-unfriendly marketing schemes, but also try to propagate a virtuous image by pandering to third wave feminists and such (Activision Blizzard, Bioware, Bethesda, EA, Ubisoft are all guilty of one or both of these) and am therefore very selective with their products.

I will give it a try, but jsut because I got it for free:

For a limited time, purchase a qualifying GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or 2080 graphics card, desktop, or laptop and get both Battlefield V ™ and Anthem ™.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.