Why are legacy raids more difficult at lvl 60 compared to bfa?

What the hell blizzard? Why are legacy raids more difficult to solo now than before?

HELLO!?

I don’t know wth is wrong with you guys lately honestly.

4 Likes

Unfortunately this is another, move to make people purchase the expansion if you didn’t like in my case or make people play the expansion first, get decent gear, so they can be at BFA levels of power again, like in your case.

This was discussed a couple months before on the forum and the general idea was, we live on borrowed power that we lose once the expansion is over like BFA.
People need to update their characters in SL.

I can be wrong, but so far it seems we got weaker not stronger.:frowning_face:

Cheers.

But we even got weaker in old content like what in the actual f? Shouldn’t the scaling mechanic make us do more damage?

Aside from blizzard reinventing a new system each expansion just to make many of the things we once had as “new stuff”, this is insane.

1 Like

Let me get this right. What you’re saying is that if we want to be powerful and solo old raids at level 60 we need to buy the expansion otherwise our level 60 char won’t have good enough gear.

So how do they get to be level 60 without buying the expansion ?

Note OP is talking about doing raids at level 60.

7 Likes

What i meant is that it was easier to solo raids like antorus tos etc… in bfa, with lower lvl and less scaling, compared to now that we are in a new expansion.

Realistically it should be super easy to solo legion raids at this point, but it’s harder than bfa.

This is ridiculous.

I just don’t get why blizzard is making so many stupid decisions, with covenants and the general direction of the game. It almost seems like they can’t help themselves from damaging the game in one way or the other.

1 Like

That is correct.

That was what I meant.

You can’t.

You buy the expansion level to 60 get your character to a decent level progressions, than you can go back feeling powerful again in old raids.

People complained during BFA that characters under level 115 and armed with legendaries felt more powerful than people who had leveled up higher.

The solution came with time.
Getting you HoA, better gear, essences, corruption gear.
In our days being a max level without completing other parts of the game is basically nothing. :frowning_face:

I can be wrong, but so far this is the information I got.

Cheers.

1 Like

Don’t misquote me, show some due respect for other forum posters.

Let me put things differently.

OP says raids at 60 are harder to do.
You answer

How do you work out that making things more difficult is an incentive to buy anything ?

2 Likes

What raids have you tried? I am not level 60 yet but I would like to know as I like to farm legacy raids for cosmetics.

Just try to do ICC 25HC, you can’t 2 shot bosses anymore, i’m not well geared but i’m higher level than BFA and in BFA i did 2 shot bosses there so it’s obvious scaling is done wrong again. In cathedral of eternal dark i went hurr durr pulling everything and going straight to boss and almost died, while in BFA you could pull whole Hellfire Citadel and never die.

Edit: + we have AoE limit

3 Likes

Blizz do this every squish consistently. It’s not an accident at this point.

2 Likes

Likely a scaling issue. I hate squishes. They screw up every single time.

5 Likes

Angry ?
I was just correcting your sentence, because it seems you got the wrong idea.

Since you need a detailed explanation, I shall give it to you.

Let us start to analyze the OP post:

Farming old content now according to OP is now harder.

I answered:

That means, because legacy raids are harder, probably it’s not the best idea doing them at level 50.
In this case you need to buy the expansion, level up and gear your character in order to become stronger.

In the case if you already purchased the expansion:

Level up to 60, but gear up first, before try legacy content.

I also added:

Because at level 60 OP should be more than capable to solo Old content, even better than in BFA, since he’s now level 60 and better geared.

Now to answer your question:

You got the wrong idea.

You make people buy the expansion IF they haven’t yet.

In OP case he just needed to advance his character, further more.

Edit:

By resetting their power level and making them buy the expansion, level up, gear up in order to be as powerful as they once were.

To show a example, I went during Legion launch expansion to Onyxya lair as a level 85 Paladin.
I thought that place was a level 60 Raid, it turns out it had been updated to level 85.
In order to do this Raid I needed to update my character and get her to around level 100.
I didn’t need to buy the expansion in this case, but I shouldn’t have difficulty soloing something that was previously, at level 60.

Any more questions ?

2 Likes

I hate squishes too. I liked legion numbers.

4 Likes

This is false, at lvl 50 the raids are easier than at lvl 60. So no, this wasn’t another move to make people purchase the expansion.

1 Like

Way to go to totally misunderstand what the OP is saying.

At level 50 the legacy raids are easier to solo than they are at level 60.

Legacy raids haven’t been made harder but Blizz have messed up the scaling so they’re easier to do at level 50 than they are at level 60 NOW.

This is also something that Wowhead has picked up on.

1 Like

It was easier to solo legion raids in bfa than shadowlands, which makes no sense.

One of the reason i wanted to lvl up my alts was to grind some mythic legion raids to get the best transmogs, but nope.

3 Likes

Since the level squish nothing much has changed.

Soloing legacy raids at level 120 (pre squish) was easier than doing them now at level 50.

But

Soloing them at level 60 is harder than at level 50 due to a messed up scaling system.

1 Like

Says the person, I had to do a meticulous explanation.
The irony …

By the way you could had answered the topic and posted the article:

"While investigating the difficulty of doing legacy content at level 60 in beta, we discovered that, currently, it is way harder to solo Legion content at 60 than it is at 50.

The reasoning behind this seems to be some hidden scaling aura at work for level 50s, increasing the damage for all spells cast. This aura doesn’t seem to be present for level 60s, making them deal significantly less damage and take significantly more damage from enemies.

To show this effect, we have two logs of two naked Shadow Priests casting Mind Blast against the same boss, Mythic Garothi Worldbreaker.
Level 50 Log
Level 60 Log
You can see on both logs that Mind Blast deals about the same damage at 50 and 60. However, the level 50 priest has 156 intellect, while the level 60 has 451 intellect. This means that the level 50 is dealing 3x more damage than they should. Dealing the same damage wouldn’t be an issue normally, but when you take into account that the level 50 can get much more power from Battle for Azeroth’s systems like Azerite Power and Essences, than a level 60 character will be able to at the start of Shadowlands, things scale out of control.

Below are two examples, one of a level 50 and one of a level 60 Shadow Priest against Mythic Garothi Worldbreaker. The level 50 using their Patch 8.3 loadout at item level 130 with Azerite Powers and Essences, and the level 60 character using item level 190 Honor gear."

That would had helped the OP to get a better understanding.

But you preferred arguing.

And by the way WoWhead is using a ILV 130 end game geared 50 character.
Not a freshly dinged level 50 in greens.

This isn’t something new as we already had a situation in BFA where players in Legendary gear till level 115 were doing better than freshly dinged Level 120 players.

I also should remind you, that a level 60 character in end game in a year will be a much different beast.

Btw I went with this character to do the 1st boss in Arcing Dephs and not only I was agroing everything, it took longer to kill the boss.

As I stated:

Next.

2 Likes

This was the article that wowhead posted. It looks like some aura was at work during bfa that buffed us but in sl it’s gone. Hopefully they’ll fix it.

same problem tho just did icc on my unholy dk lvl 60 i did less damage then on my warrior lvl 50 X D weird scaling that one thing for sure