Why are people so obnoxious in M+ search?

Why do people absolutely HATE with a PASSION people that whispers them when queuing up for a group?

Im trying to push 19’s now so what I do before trying to queue for one is I do an 18 of the key I wanna target for the day, try to push my dps as hard as I can then link the details of said run when queuing up for a 19.

For instance I’ve done an 18 mist that I ++'d today with 8.4k overall, and for some reason when whispering to people the details meters while queuing up for 19’s mist, which should be a much more solid proof of my actual capability as a dps rather than just straight up RIO, I get insulted and people despise me for it as if I had insulted their entire family or something lol.

I genuinely do not understand how that is a bad thing. It’s not like they do keys all days and are working in a after sale call center where they get thousands of whipsers every day or something. Or is receiving a couple whispers from people trying to show good faith that they can time the key somehow triggering them in a way?

Even if they were receiving quite a few whispers while looking for candidates, it’s just a simple click to remove the whisper window and is in no way impairing their research anyway since you’re essentialy looking for the best player to try and time your key so I just don’t understand where this hatred stems from.

Because one whisper would be fine, but 100+ really is not. If I want to know what kind of DPS you’re pulling, I’ll ask. Would be more interested in interrupts and stuns and CC though: anyone can push buttons well and tunnel vision to win on damage, but using your utility to help the party is equally important. Besides, your RIO already shows you can do keys, so no need to prove that further. A party leader will usually have a group comp in mind, and if they already have a melee or two, getting whispered by another is just noise.

9 Likes

I really enjoy when people whisper and in fact, when making a group, I do my best to whisper everyone I decline, to at least tell them why and to help them not feel so rejected. Usually it’s cuz they aren’t a tank or a healer anyway and they understand.

I really like it when people are social ingame

2 Likes

When every applicant whispers you, have fun not being able to use chat.

1 Like

You might think you are the only one applying… but how you would feel if 25-50 people just whispered your their dps meter at the same time?

2 Likes

Pretty tone deaf OP.

Obnoxious is whispering people not realising they probably get loads. Mega obnoxious is whispering dps meters. Just lol.

5 Likes

People hate them, that’s really what matters. You want to get into a key, whispering is not gonna help, so don’t do it?

That’s the thing though.

People keep acting like they get HUNDREDS of whispers.
But they don’t.
No matter how hard you try to convey it, they don’t.
I know it for a fact because I’ve done dozens of keys with hundreds of applicants at times where I’d sit there waiting for a good 20-25 minutes or more to form a good group and I’d get AT MOST around 4 to 5 whispers.

And even if I did, I’d actualy be happy to check them, since im looking for the best team possible anyway, maybe their whisper will be something relevant like say… A details dps meters if they are a dps.

If it’s not, Ill simply right click and close whisper window. You people make a mountain of a small cliff calling me the obnoxious one when litteraly queuing up for a key you WANT dedicated people and if someone whispers me that in my opinion it shows their dedication.

The WoW community seems to have such a backward way of thinking, you want the best of the best in your key but at the same time you don’t want them to show they are the best of the best and instead would rather rely on the their RIO even though it could be meaningless?

I did a 19 PF with a rogue and dk, did 6.4k overall. They did 4.9k and 4.4k. And yet they were 1800 RIO after that.

the only way in which a whisper has ever influenced my decision wether to invite some or not is negatively xd

but I don’t rly care bout em either, not like I’m gonna start insulting them lol

Why.

Please explain to me, why. I can understand if they whisper some generic stuff like " im big dick dps lol kekw!!! " but if it’s something actualy interesting or revealing about someone’s performance, why would it impact you negatively?

It’s like it’s hardwired in you people’s brain that " whisper = bad!!! " no matter what. Kinda like people think " non-mdi spec = bad ". Even though so far 90% of the boomkins I’ve been in were bottom dps at the end.

just give me an example of what you could possibly say that could be so groundbraking as to abandon the composition I want. Maybe I should have also mentioned I usually look for particular classes, like a CR a BL, if I need a CR and nr1 rogue in the world signs up … I’d prolly invite him, but you know whatimean.

also on rio you can see whatever important stuff the guy’s done, what can he say or link that is new and true?

I mean, you basically just whispered to say “I’m big D dps”. Pretty much anyone ready for a key of that level will be. I don’t know anything after that whisper that I didn’t know before it.

1 Like

the good old days in legion before rio where people would spam you their wowprogress or (Link Keystone master).

Except you have an actual proof that I have done dps through a details meter.
If it were that easy to pick everyone why don’t you pick the first newcomer that’s the spec you want at your RIO?

No, instead you wait for dozens of minutes for the off-chance that someone who is far higher rio than you queues up so you can snipe him and get carried. And yet you still don’t know if that guy might or might not have been lucky in his keys and got carried ( CF post above where I carried a dps doing less than 2K overall than me and had 100 RIO score more than me somehow ).

You are looking for a good dps. RIO only tells you that maybe they are good, but maybe they got carried. I give you a proof I can dps and time the key by the whisper.

I feel like im just repeating myself over and over here.

Yup, you are.

If someone has less dps than you and higher score its not that “he got carried”. He could be mechanically excellent.

And sure you have proof, shrug. It’s something you take as a given at that level through looking at their history.

Look, at the end of the day carry on whispering people. I’d bet my house that it turns more people off than convinces them positively.

2 Likes

So you’ve essentialy proven my point that most people are just sheeps that follow the " whisper = bad!!!1§&! " meme with no reason to back it up whatsoever.

Pointless to try and argue I suppose.

wowprogress that’s the one :P[quote=“Vagash-outland, post:14, topic:257277”]
If it were that easy to pick everyone why don’t you pick the first newcomer that’s the spec you want at your RIO?
[/quote]

I do this, but it almost never happens

I don’t do this, you’re just angry

got some proof for that though?

thats just anecdotal evidence and doesnt really mean much. back in bfa i got plenty of whispers so…whos right now?

people are annoyed for a reason.

also your rio is trash, whispers won’t help you even if they could

My main is Arcanash-Outland, this DH is an alt lol.