Why are rogues allowed to be so OP?

The rogue has NO weaknesses, and always has SUPERIORITY over you, even tank DH dies in seconds. I just experienced it frustratingly many times in otherwise nice Brawl that we won (they really stalled it after they got that rogue, though).

The most OP rogue ability is to KEEP YOU FROM BEING ABLE TO DO ANYTHING.

It’s impossible to ‘counter’ a rogue, when they can just KEEP YOU IMMOBILE. It’s like taking your keyboard and mouse away so you can just helplessly watch your HP go down. What kind of a gameplay is this? Who thought this was a good idea?

I hope they will nerf those bástards next patch, because this is just INSANE to let one class dominate everything else SOLELY because they can take your ability to DO anything away until you are either dead or have 5% HP.

Then they can just do it again, and you can’t escape.

Even IF you somehow escape a bit, you will be REALLY slow, and they can’t be ever slowed down. If you manage to be in a position where you can attack a rogue, it will just vanish and heal and come back and take your mouse and keyboard away again.

WHY are they allowed to be this OP? I am a darn tank DH in a brawl, and I can’t get 1 flag, because a rogue comes, keeps me in stun while quickly stabbing me to death. I use the ‘weakening thing’, thinking I can escape now, but it uses the same thing on me, and somehow it is still able to just kill me.

I can’t move, I can’t escape, I can’t heal, I can’t stun the rogue (they never stay stunned, do they?), etc.

WHY is this allowed? Rogue is like 1000 times over any other class, and people say DHs are somehow supposed to be able to do something about them. The ONLY way a DH could do something about a rogue, is IF

1. The rogue can’t keep the DH stunned until the rogue stabs it to death
  2. The rogue can’t counter EVERYTHING a DH can do (try ‘rain from above’ on rogue, has it EVER worked? Rogue must have like 20 separate ways to counter that)
  3. The rogue can’t inflict huge amount of damage on the DH while the DH stays stunned/sappeD/whatever
  4. The rogue cvan’t slow the DH while the DH can’t slow the rogue

In these BG situations, a rogue will always kill a DH in a couple of seconds, and DH can’t have enough time to do more than maybe one jump, and then it’s dead. Doing anything against rogue is useless, because rogue won’t get any damage, and if it does, it heals.

Notice that I didn’t even MENTION Smoke Bomb (can’t attack rogue, because ‘vision is obscured’), Cloak of Shadows (try ‘rain from above’ when rogue has this up), ‘Evasion’, etc. etc.

Rogue has too many stuns, it it too fast, it can vanish too much (Spectral Sight is useless, because you can’t re-use it when rogue re-stealths, and rogue is FAR AWAY immediately when you use it, so you can’t reach the rogue before it wears off)

I know the classes probably can’t be balanced, they’re too com,pliated. But for the love of common sense, why allow 1 class to dominate others while pretending it’s not happening?

At least let’s talk honestly about this enormous elephant in the room, and admit they’re the most OP thing that ever unfairly existed in any game, that can traumatize any DH beyond reason.

I was attacked by two druids in the next brawl, and it was a PARADISE-PICNIC compared to the trauma the dámn rogue caused in the previous one. Any 1 player shouldn’t be able to take away ability to do anything, and any 1 player should definitely not be able to kill a tank DH in a few seconds without the tank DH being able to do anything.

AT LEAST give tank DH back the ability to ESCAPE something - back in the day, it could sometimes even escape a rogue!

But not anymore… so NERF those rogues already, regardless if some dev’s son plays one, PLEASE, and create more equality, fairness and balance in the world by doing this one simple thing.

PLEASE! I don’t like to be traumatized every time I play this game, dagnabit!

14 Likes

with full CDs a rogue is strong yeah, but as u said it is hard to balance because out of CDs they are dead meat.

I would put their blind on a same DR than sap, because currently they can keep a FC or a healer completely out of the game way too long.

I would also put a global DR on slows, there are too many snares in this game it si sometimes ridiculous you just can’t move a whole BG

4 Likes

If your team doesn’t know what to do yeah. As soon as you see someone is getting sapped blind , aoe around and he will stop blind and sap.

A team who knows what to do wont allow blind and sap when running flag.

Cuz tank dhs are dogs hit in pvp after their mobility got nerfed there is no reason to play em so stop crying and just learn how to counter a rogue probaly when u play a class that has so much op s-hit that u can counter a rogue easily

2 Likes

Thats if they run with a specific poison which most good rogues dont use cuz its not even that good compared to another poison

Have you seen DH’s with full gushing wounds?

Dont play DH tank in pvp ur the most useles person in the group even a dude with 200k health is more useful

Maybe get better at the game and dont waste ur cds on nothing and play havoc it will help u big time

You go into the smoke bomb or leave it easy as that

They still got that chance other than when they FC cuz it inbalances the bgs

I don’t feel like Outlaw is that strong tbh.

1 Like

It’s about ur ilvl and spectral sight.

I find demon hunters far more annoying to fight against than rogues.

If you manage to ruing the first strike from rogues they kind of suck butt and runaway like a banned word from Garrosh.

Them DH tears are deliciously refreshing.

9 Likes

i think he is referring to using smoke bomb as a counter against “rain from above”

How many melee can counter rain from above? They cant dps you when you are in the air, so its either use a cd, los it or stand in it and see your hp fall. Rain from above is a strong ability used correctly and can be used quite effectively also as a offensive where you are not about to die.

Use your spectral sight wisely, how many classes can do that? Strongest thing about rogues is their ability to chose their fight and chose when and how to open. With spectral you can break that.

I smell that your frustration is more of an itemlevel/bis borrowed power thing.

In most bgs now there are more people with high itemlevel and best corruptions essences etc, so ofc any class will feel overwhelming when you are not.

2 Likes

Hes in tank spec he doesnt have RFA

Find rogues pretty dumb, especially muti with GW - its the same as Legion BM when they run around pillars from you and their monsters killed you in the same time - nice gameplay. Sub have braindead rotation - people like it coz the best from 3 specs surv/burst/CC/mobility - they are jus broken for PvP, the same why people like retri - wings + melee range = dead. Huehuehue. The most fun is pirat, but he is not so good for PvP. Heard lots of teenagers like and main rogues.

Im 31 and have no future and main rogues usually.

1 Like

Aand we found rogue player here who defends his op class bingo! Rogue have been every xp top tier class and in sl they sre gods in pvp.

What about prot warriors?
Plate + shield and die faster.
Its so sad that some classes are more stronger than the others ( same will happen when SL comes, beta show it).

1 Like

Was about to have a beer, but these DH tears will be fine, thanks bro!

1 Like

Well most of the melee specs have something to counter Rain from above with tho. DK can grip. Warr can Stormbolt. Rogues can vanish or smokebomb. Ret could bouble if they´re close to death. Enha can counterstrike totem. On top of that it is very easy to simply los this ability and also gain alot more pressure doing so since the dh is literally stuck in the air without being able to cancel it.

Imo their toolkit is not the big problem, sure they have alot of control but that has always been the case. The main issue is the damage they get on top of that. They have probably the highest dmg in the game atm, they have very good defensives against both casters(cloak) and melee(evasion), they have selfheal pretty often, they have alot of instant cc aswell as smokebomb, they have one of the best gapclosers in the game with the option to have 3 charges of shadowstep(aswell as sprint and shadowstrike if stealthed). How they on top all that have one of the highest dmges in the game is just insane to me.