Why are there retail rewards for playing classic?

There wasn’t. The game got to 12m before the LFD. It was about a year after the introduction of LFD the game started to slide, in actual fact.

Yes, we definitely do. And yes, for once I’m going to use plural here on behalf of everyone playing Classic, on behalf of everyone on the RP realms, and on behalf of tons of players in retail in general.

I reached lvl 60 on classic and didnt get any lvl 110 boost.

So its not true at all.

Okay… BG-s automatching system already there… worked same way as LFD…

Random people put together inside an instanced zone…

Strangely people only spit on LFD…

Some people truly strange.

BG’s are universally hailed as one of the most soul-destroying aspects of Classic, especially if you want good gear. :stuck_out_tongue:

But even that system has a serious 1-up on LFD: You have to go to an NPC to sign up, and within striking distance of that NPC people congregated to duel. LFD doesn’t offer that; you can do it directly from the UI anywhere in the world, and the PvP UI wasn’t implemented until Cataclysm, which coincidentally was also the time that the duelling community died; and despite Blizzard’s mediocre efforts, it hasn’t come back.

Still talking about the same, an automatching system, even in the peek time of WoW WOTLK…

No, we’re not. We’re talking about a system like the random dungeon finder on the meeting stones in vanilla. It’s not even remotely comparable to what we have today.

But I will agree that it brushed right up to the line; and when the requirement to go to the NPC was removed, it did cross the line. That happened in Cataclysm.

One offer BG matchmaking, other offer Dungeon…

True def not the same…

Are you slow or something? I just described the difference; the difference is where and how you sign up, and I’ve also admitted that the former is probably going too far anyway.

But there is definitely a difference, and it’s got nothing to do with PvP vs PvE.

Who cares how u sign up? holy cow…

Everybody?

Next you’re going to tell me that there’s no difference between talking to an NPC to get a quest vs it just appearing at random in your quest log

Wow… world ends cos u dont need to talk an object…

If this is your GREATEST problem, then i feel sorry for you…

You feel sorry for me if this is my biggest problem? My goodness me, if my life was so ****ing perfect, wouldn’t that be amazing?

You’re acting like a 5-year old. Just because I highlight a problem does not mean I consider it worse than a volcanic eruption next to family or plastic waste or losing my job or whatever. Okay?

I’m highlighting a difference between having to talk to an NPC vs. not having to talk to an NPC. There is a difference.

Tbh, spamming BGS like mad, not a bad thing in classic as its actually fun there compared to retail…

how to make false statements based on own bias 101.
For me personally i have nothing to do in bfa it’s repetitive boring and a rollercoster lottery content draught without any class feeling or world feeling on top of it as both of it is ruined as we talk here.

people will try out it again and then quit immediately and questioning themselves what a bad copy of a game it is

I won’t ever touch BFA again even if classic is like the worst experience ever in my life and even if it’d sicken me with cancer. I’d just quit alltogether at that point.

I made a ticket about this and GM said that info is false, there is no rewards for reaching 60 in classic.

1 Like

On one end I agree with you, but my god people like you are acting entitled. What exactly are you missing out on? Has retail become such a mindless collecting game that all you care about are just getting the next piece for your collection? As much as I agree it’s ridiculous to reward players for playing a game, in another game. I didn’t like when they did that for HotS and Overwatch and I feel the same way about this. However, it’s not important enough to make a big deal out of it. Especially because it’s like you said, two different games. Would it have been better to you had it been a store mount or something like that?

If you don’t want to contribute to this sort of thing, don’t participate (just like you already intend not to). It’s clearly a scheme to get people hooked on as much of blizzard’s product-line as possible.

Maybe these incentives just arent aimed at you?

I mean you’re not supposed to be the target of every sale, discount, bargain, reward or oppertunity.

1 Like

The AV thing is in retail. They’re retuning AV to be more like the classic one for the event.

I agree on the free BfA thing and boost though. But it seems that promotion has been pulled for the time being.

No it’s not , but once Blizz put the phase 3 you will see why.

Classic = No microtransactions = little profit
Retail = Loads of microtransactions = profit
Classic => Retail = profit X 10