Why aren't blood DKs allowed to be tanks in pvp?

Compare blood DK to bears in pvp. I’m amazed that Blizzard apparently considers this balanced. Not only that but they banned our death grip legendary in RBGs because they think it’s overpowered, but bear flag carriers with 30 second CC immunity leggo is fine. The devs must hate DKs.

7 Likes

They will be much better even without this leggy.

Yeah, it is a shame. Protection Paladins have huge amount of utility for their team, Vengeance Demon hunters have insane mobility, and Bear Druids have stealth, mobility and survivability. What does a Blood DK have?

im not sure how long you have been playing a DK but blood DK was actually a DPS spec in Wotlk and it was a very VERY op spec

with the now removed abilities like " hysteria" 20s paladin wing for 20% more dmg
and the spamming of heart strike blood strike and death strike which all healed
and icy touch to dispel

the new modern Blood DK is purely focused on healing and less on the damage, they couldn’t balance blood dk and nerfed them swiftly with the changes

TLDR - blood dk is far too complex to balance due to its nature of being focused around dealing dmg to heal

yeah it is annoying that Blood DK cannot play Arena. the damage is only used to heal the DK…

• maybe in the future they could look at making it a support class for arena but currently its impossible
  • i think a group healing pvp talent that makes our healing 50% effective to party members
    or maybe dancing rune weapon applys to party members too in pvp
    or death grip cooldown removed ?

i could see blood dk with death grip CD removal being good with teams like WW monk and DH

being able to constantly interrupt with the death grip as a tank would be a nice if not OP support class

like frost and unholy right now then? Being trash isn’t limited to just blood in pvp this expansion lol

2 Likes

its so difficult to buff DK due to its pendulum of being either really bad or really good.
there is no way to balance it, it goes one way or the other . all due to the class function

If dk isn’t good in 9.2 then we have spent a entire expansion being at the very bottom of the table which im sorry is just not good enough. No class should ever be at the bottom for the complete duration of a expansion.

Thats a clear failure from blizzard and if i had known what was to come for my class i would of never levelled my dk.

i agree, at this point …im just hoping they make a new class so i can reroll next expac

Only because of our mobility, Guardian druid can run through with incarnation, dh can leap away and warrior is just below these tanks.

Stop saying cringe things like this. It’s a weird way of self pity… blizzard dont hate dks or any other specs, or like particular specs in any way. It’s just that they don’t see what’s going on in pvp or sometimes pve. I personally think blizzard is out of touch with the game. It has nothing to do with if they like a spec or not…

Other than that I do agree with you. A lot of stuff is or feels unfair

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.