Why battlegrounds can't arrive sooner?

Why people are not bothered with this, all the little trivial matters gets discussed here non-stop, yet suprisingly, no one is asking why the Battlegrounds are not here already? OR at the least Why they can’t come sooner at phase 2? Why such a long wait until phase 3 for WSG , and phase 4 (!) for Arathi Basin?

People already getting pretty bitter and spamming the forums with the whole ‘‘high levels ganking low levels’’, ‘‘world pvp is toxic and not fair etc etc’’ things already, I am thinking these kind of threads will only get worse until we wait for 6+ months or something for the phase 3 arrival.Because PvP players will get bored to death eventually, while waiting for the BGs to arrive.

6 Likes

Agreed, loktar ogar

2 Likes

I am extremely excited for phase 2 and believe it will be the most epic experience I have ever had in a game!

I also hope that each phase is as long as possible so we can build a real epic hype for each phase.

7 Likes

I’m a bit disappointed tbh, for some reason I thought it would be phase 2, but oh well it’ll be here eventually and there’s plenty of stuff to do in the meantime. Including levelling an alt to do BGs when they do drop!

Agreed.

I hoped for at least one BG during phase two. There is a big difference between world PvP and BGs, a lot of people are interested in one while not the other. At least having one BG and seeing how it affects the userbase and world PvP would be great, you can check all bugs and Honor system to be working within the BG and gradually add a BG with every next phase similarly to how it is planned now.

I’m hoping they consider moving Warsong Gulch to Phase 2.

2 Likes

I’d be down for a phase 2 WSG. As you said, when the honor gets introduced ganking will be rampant. Now it isnt so bad, still get some guys try it but most sensible people seem to realise theres no benefit other than to be a butt.

1 Like

The Honor gear is pretty crazy compared to the raid gear since they will likely be released in their 1.12 state. So that would be one reason.

But I can understand itching to do BGs.

I need to complete gank it up in SVT with my buddy #noggenfogger @Balrok

1 Like

AB is my fav BG by far! So much more fun that both WSG and AV. Sad to see it delayed that much. I wonder what the problem is? Anyone knows? Is it just delayed on purpose even though it could be released right away or at least in phase 2? I dont get it.

1 Like

Think they’re trying to recreate the order of how some things were released in vanilla, but I dont remember if AB came after WSG, or where AV’d fit into this.

1 Like

I think because they don’t have it done, or do have it but want to timegate our fun.
While we are at it: I WANT THE ORIGINAL ALTERAC VALLEY!!! not some abomination of 1.12 :’(

3 Likes

Ok. I dont think its worth releasing it in “true order”. It doesnt really matter since we started on 1.12 anyways :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So its just stupid if thats the reason.

1 Like

From what I’m seeing around it seems getting the full PvP Epic set is going to take at least 3 months of 8h+ daily PvPing due to ranking up once a week and max Rank being 14. Though I might be misreading something.

Did anyone do a straight up comparison of the gear?

You’ll just have to wait a bit, I really dont think phase 2 will be that long, so many will cry to blizz when it comes. Not sure when it will arrive though; it will surely be when the average player is near 60

I partly agree. However, some of the most fun I’ve had on private servers is when they released AV, and I would’ve hate if it was out before I hit 60 or at least 51.

There is just simply no downside of atleast bringing small scale BG like WSG at the phase 2 , which would be already after months of the release.I cannot justify the decision behind their thinking…

I would have liked at least wsg to break it up a bit when levelling, but it looks like there’ll only be level 60 bgs. Probably scared of twinks or something.

Would have been fun to do some wsg in the 20s and 30s when none of us are geared up yet, we have some skills, but no mounts, but it wasn’t to be. My classic experience is ok, but it’s nothing like how I levelled chars from vanilla to wrath.

1 Like

So honor will be released in phase 2, but no battleground. The world PVP is going to be interesting. I wouldn’t want to level in any 50+ zone during that time.

1 Like

Because layering and bugs has fu,cked up a lot of servers and stability upon the playerbase and their gear.

I prefer more wait and fixing things before having pvp system… because exploiters gonna rekt 60 greens like an army of knights agaisnt a full hand of samurai weebos with wooden sticks.

2 Likes

P2 sounds fun in theory but truth is fully bis geared groups and raids will camp flight paths 24/7 in every 48+ zone. You will land, you will get polymorphed and then you will be dead. New players wont be able to quest and i guess that will be somewhat frustrating for them. Going to Dire Maul is probably going to take around an hour from all the ganking, i can imagine groups camping the road from the FP all the way to the instance entrances.Those who farm honor will look for some easy kills , large scale pvp might happen but not for long. If i remember correctly faction leaders will give a ton of honor so capital invasions might be a thing, thats one of the positives at least. What i mentioned above is just a guess, not facts. I think they should release a BG in P2 or at least in the middle of P2, they still have time to change their plans.

1 Like