Why Blizzard hates new players

really! I had like 35 different buttons on my disc priest and they added about 8 more?.. how could this game be ever remotely playable for a new player when you have so many buttons to press?
Does Blizzard wants to make this game for Pikaboo, Chanimal and 2 others?.. come on… what the … it’s way too much. I hope they are trolling!

4 Likes

Oh no , not more spells to use , oh the drama !

27 Likes

Disc priest isn’t really beginner-friendly though, is it?

18 Likes

Most of the spells that are added were in the game at some point. At least the ones I know.

They are here for “The New Feature”, Some talents becoming baselines, one spell we had back in MOP, one spell we had back in WOTK and so on.

I love wow, but i’m probably still what you’d consider a new player, and with the community toxicity and difficulty of figuring out what everything does and basically the requirement to be in a guild, it is really hard to do anything but LFR raids and story content.

9 Likes

When it comes to spells, most players not doing harder content can get away with ignoring some of them. For example Discipline has Holy Nova, Mind Sear and Shadow Word Death which to be honest aren’t needed to heal, you can help do extra damage to enemies if you want to use them and make the dungeons go quicker, but in reality a new healer can ignore them and have an easier time, as you heal the same if not more from atonement with spreading dot and single target.

Same goes with talents, new players / ones who want it easier can just take passive talents and not worry about changing anything or adding new spells. No need to make it harder on yourself if you don’t need to.

2 Likes

;/ you only need 3 to damage and 3 to heal as disc. the rest are situational…where are u struggling?

2 Likes

Use some Macro’s that tie multiple spells to one button.
For example,

#showtooltip
/cast [harm]Dispel Magic; Purify

2 Likes

The game is not noob friendly at all.

A friend of mine tried to play the game back in 8.2 but got overwhelmed by what he needed to do. It was just too confusing.

I got him to play again yesterday and he told me that the game is much more noob friendly now with the addition of Exile’s Reach, so that’s something.

However I cannot even imagine someone new getting to max level and immediately getting overwhelmed with 3 patches worth of quests at the same time, having to level up the necklace, farm essences, get the cloak and get corrupted gear. Shadowlands so far looks to be a lot better in that regard.

Regarding the abundance of spells, I have to agree. I personally don’t mind it, because I’m used to playing specs with lots of spells, but I can only imagine how daunting it would be for a new player. Some spells are downright useless, and others I feel could have been baked into other spells, keeping the depth of the classes, but also making their rotation more smooth.

People that dismiss new players tend to forget that it is these new players that help to keep this game afloat. Don’t push them away.

22 Likes

The amount of spells is not the problem. The problem is being thrown into fifty different mechanics once you hit max level and nothing to guide you.

15 Likes

These forums are really absolutely terrible at trolling, its far too obvious and not even remotely funny.

5 Likes

Yep, this.
And the new “Guide” feature feels incredibly pointless, seeing as it stops at what, level 20? 30?
Even beginners reach that level really, really quickly, and are likely to have 100 times as many questions when they reach 50.
“Who are all these people wanting me to go all these places, who’s this Magni guy, why is the king punching a handsome man and what’s with all these portals suddenly popping up everywhere that I have to go through? Is this quest for a cloak important? Is this necklace I was given important? What’s the deal with visions? The game is recommending something called Looking for Raid, what’s that, and why do people yell at me when I join them?”

The first 10 levels are really nice now, Exile’s Reach is wonderful for learning the barebones basics of the game. However, the rest quickly gets confusing, and a large portion of strangers you’ll group up with have a zero-tolerance policy for beginners.
I’m not a beginner personally, but imagine if a total newbie came across the same situation as I did the first time my MW healer ever joined LFD:

We port in, I’m WW at the time.
I respec to MW.
In those 3 seconds, the tank ran ahead, pulled 3 packs and died.
Tank: “[Redacted] [redacted] [Garrosh word] healer KICK”
I then got removed from the group.

That particular scenario was community related though, but it’s the biggest problem with the game now imo, toxicity.
Combined with a steep learning curve at 50, it’s just not good for new players.

3 Likes

The problem isn’t the amount of buttons you have to use, it’s that you got 8 new ones in the exact same moment. This is the only reason for the leveling to exist - to give you your skills over time, so you can learn to properly use them.

I’m personally happy that WoW’s combat is no longer outclassed by the average mobile MMO.

2 Likes

I main a disc priest
What on earth are you on about?

There are 3 attonement applicators
Shield, shadowmend, and radiance

Then there are 4 damaging spells
Penance, smite, and the new 2 who’s names I dont recall.

There is also shadow word death but screw that spell.

There are 2 real damaging talents to think about but both having very valid passive options.

So when you say disc priest has too much I’ve no idea what you mean.

We have like 12 spells that are important

2 Likes

OP probably has every ability bound, and isn’t using macro’s.

1 Like

I really wonder who does NOT have every ability bound :thinking:

(and i also have no macros. No idea what they would add)

1 Like

simply level new character and learn spell step by step level by level … what else to say and see which spell u need for your spec… also check guides like icy veins and u are good or if u dont like that go and play mobas like league of legend and use 4 main spells and 2 summoners what is like 6 buttons and maybe if u take all buttons with spells on use what is 12 max …

Hey crazy doctor that’s your char name don’t be passive agressive towards new people to join how about helping them out for a change and secondly what is wrong with mobas I used to love playing them they are fun to play beats wow pvp any day.

Get a battle mouse and use keybinds.

Lately I don’t know if these too much button posts are still trolling or people truly think this way.

2 Likes