Why Dalaran is not joining the Alliance?

Even if people are to consider the sentence above as factual information, the Forsaken lost their capital too…
So i doubt the unparalleled bit to say the least.

They were at war before Teldrassil. Before the Storm confirms it. From his letter to Sylvanas:

I propose what amounts to a single day of a cease-fire. On thisday, those families who have been divided by war and death willhave a chance to meet with the ones they lost

If this cease-fire is successful, it could be repeated.Do not mistake this for an offer of peace. It is only an offer of asingle day’s compassion for people who were cruelly torn apartby a force that was neither the Horde nor the Alliance.

You can’t make an offer of peace unless you are at war. Thus, as he states it is “not an offer of peace”, the only other position they could be in is…War.

Before the Storm is set before Teldrassil. Thus, no, Sylvanas did not start the current conflict with the invasion.

2 Likes

… and I explained the difference. Apples and Oranges, remember? ^^

Since you brought up the books, it was there that Sylvanas’ interest in SW is mentioned, not Teldrassil.

You conveniently left out the part of the letter where Anduin literally states they are not at war.

We are not currently at war. But I am not so naive as to believe that means hostilities do not still linger.

Yes you can. You quite plainly can. If two nations are in such a state that war is likely, then it is completely meaningful for one to make attempts at peace. He also literally says the meeting is not an offer of peace.

That is a non sequitur. There is no such clean cut standard of the difference between peace and war. What Anduin means by peace is not necessarily what you want it to mean. He could just as easily mean peace to be the absence of tension and likelyhood of war. The Cold war for example. did not involve outright combat between the two main participants, but that period was anything but peaceful.

Well yes, yes she did. She herself states that is what she is doing in Before the Storm during her meeting with Saurfang.

** When Saurfang spoke, his voice had calmed. “Then we should talk of preparing for the next war, not starting it today.”

“We are,” she said.**

1 Like

You can’t offer a ceasefire…if there are no fires to cease.

But we are not talking about a ceasefire. We are talking about “peace” which is not solely defined as the absence of an outright war. I pointed this out in that post as well.

And even if you were right, you would have to prove that whatever war was going on at that time, is categorically the same as the Blood War, which is only something Blizzard can decide.

Don’t let the lackey’s of the Banshee-Queen tell you otherwise; Dalaran is and always will be an Alliance Kingdom. Sadly its currently led by King Khadgar, who isn’t even in the city but in his olds mentors’ tower, and he decided to stay neutral. And the loyal Council of his equals(apparently not) and his loyal and ever gratefull citizens follow his every lead.

The Horde’s transgressions against Dalaran has been numerous, but since Khadgar forgave them, all is well. Ofcourse the Horde still holds a grudge for the Purge of Dalaran, because who ever Thought they’d get punished for the non-stop transgressions, breaking of treaties, declaration of Wars and Cowardice attacks in the back against neutral parties and the Alliance.

1 Like

Aethas knew about what happened; but you see this is where Garrosh’s plan worked to absolute perfection because LTT was planning deception anyway.

Keep the Elves in line, by utilizing neutral forces in Proudmoore’s city, because not only did the Elves suffer dire consequences, they were also pushed back to the Horde and Garrosh…god bless him, he didn’t even get his left pinkie dirty.

But then we run into the question of - should the Kirin Tor have got involved with that, or should it have been coordination between Stormwind and the Darnassian Magi?

1 Like

The fact that that Aethas was aware was more then reason enough for Dalaran, and the Kirin Tor, to get involved with it. Their neutrality was broken, after they returned to neutrality(during the Nexus War) when their last “leader” paid said breach with his live. Basicly, Aethas pulled a Rhonin; and with that the fact that both sides “misused” Dalaran and the Kirin Tor could’ve been settled. Especially if you consider Ambermill(And any transgression before(Pre-WoW wars) and after(Blight in a city of the living)) was, apparently, suddenly, a rogue faction since whenever, because it fit their Forsaken narrative but it wasn’t supposed to make the Horde look evil in any way, shape or form either.

Jaina broke the neutrality of the Kirin Tor first.

Stop RPing in the story forums you weirdo.

Aren’t you one of those traitorous blood elves who worked for the Scourge?

No, but my character did.

1 Like

Treasonous elf!

And the RP forum is practically dead btw. Been on life support for years but all the regulars are gone now.

How did she broke the neutrality? Did she support or allowed to invade a city with the portals in Dalaran? No. She probably have done it with Theramore and paid the price for it but I wouldn’t say that it have anything to do with Dalaran.

Dadgar is neutral. He wouldn’t break Dalarans neutral neutrality full of neutralness. :slight_smile:

1 Like

To cut you off - Yes. From the 5.1 Operation Shieldwall quests (5.1):
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tracking_the_Thieves

Lady Jaina Proudmoore says: I had Darnassus LOCKED DOWN! Every fumbling rogue that tried to sneak into the city, I CAUGHT them! I snatched every two-bit charlatan that attempted to teleport through my traps!

Jaina, leader of the Kirin Tor, was explicitly assisting the Alliance in guarding the Divine Bell against Horde infiltration attempts before the Sunreavers got involved.

This is also supported by the quest text for the Dominance Offensive side:
https://wow.gamepedia.com/Insertion

It’s taken a great deal of the Horde’s effort to get you here through Jaina’s traps.

There is no argument - Jaina violated the neutrality of the Kirin Tor before the Sunreavers. That is fact.

Wow, she have build traps for those which try to infiltrate a city ergo to break the rules of Dalaran. She really have breaked the neutrality… not.

She set up traps against the Horde. She caught rogues of the Horde. Assisting the Alliance against the Horde is, yes, breaking neutrality.

Omg she just make sure that the Horde wouldn’t do it. How dare she is to make such previsions. I mean they would even be activated if you wouldn’t break the rules… no wait, they wouldn’t. So how do she break the neutrality if she only do something against those which break the rules? Do we have any scenario where we have alliance troops which invade Alliance citys from Dalaran? No, we don’t.

Yes. She assisted the Alliance against the Horde, thus breaking the Kirin Tor’s neutrality, before the Sunreavers were pulled in to counter her.

I’m glad we’re on the same page.