Why did Thrall allow the blood elves into the horde?

The Horde wouldn’t care about the Frostmane either if the dwarves were Horde, hah.

I would care enough to desire them destroyed.

Also leave Dwarves alone.

Why would the dwarves be in the Horde…?
There’s a reason this topic was about Blood Elves…

To late for that now, they should’ve stayed away from Tauren lands.

You were pointing out selective morality. I really don’t see why you believe it is limited to Alliance posters. The example is pretty irrelevant to the point.

A valid target, just ask Baine.

Is it?
I’m fairly sure nobody would go " But Anasterian said!" When arguing from the side of Alliance High Elves against the Amani, especially if the Amani would be in the Horde.

That said, speaking about relevance…one(Myself being one) could say most of this thread is irrelevant - The Blood Elves joined the Horde, the Amani did not aaand Zul’jin is, as long as it’s valid in WoW, quite dead.

Wait, you legitimately believe that selective morality is a trait only Alliance posters display?

No ofcourse not.

Add;
In the light of Selective Morality, the original topic was the Blood Elves inclusion into the Horde, but to assure you I don’t believe it’s " just Alliance players" - I’ll point out a similarity, or so I find in the scenario between the High Elves’ founding of Quel’Thalas and the Amani,…and the Warsong clan gathering resources in Ashenvale and the Night Elves.

In Ashenvale Horde players usually argue that the Orcs just went to get lumber/resources, they didn’t know these forrests were sacred and home to the Kal’dorei…but the Night Elves attacked! They didn’t try to warn the Orcs or negotiate…I find it’s a relatively #morallygrey sort of situation…
Now back to the Highborne who stranded on the shores of Lordaeron so long ago…they searched for a new home, stumbled upon a place of power found in the most northen forrests of Lordaeron and decided to make it home, unbeknownst to them this was a sacred site to the Amani- did the Amani warn the Highborne? Did they try to negotiate?

I don’t think so, so same shett, different groups, or am I wrong? It’s all rather grey area to me, and a little more black and white depending on if the other player likes Blood elves more or Trolls…

1 Like

Bronzebeards & Derivatives (Stormpike, etc.) are one of most entitled and hypocritical pricks amongst the dwarven clans.
Mainly because their “Holier than thou” attitude often hides the same imperialist mindset they like to denounce so much regarding their more upfront Dark Iron kin.

That said, it’s one of the aspects that I guess makes them interesting for certain players. Shame we had to settle with Muradin (who in essence is discount Magni), instead of keeping the real thing.

True.
But anyway, the amount of hoots troll causes are given, tend to the most absolute zero regardless if they are playable or not…
Like, 99.9% of the times. :disappointed:

And regardless of the fact that the Amani were definitely being the one punished here, the story was tailored around the slippery slope that snowballed the situation to this point.

Starting with the fallout between Zuljin and Orgrim, and ending with the protectionist/isolationist mindset the former ended up having in more contemporary ages.

In a setting like Azeroth, neutral/third parties pay it dearly when they oppose either of the two superpowers. Or end up as some collateral casualty when these clash.
(And I like that writers noted this fact in the reasoning Thalyssra and Gallywix had to join the Horde).

1 Like

Well put, to be honest.
Just some nuance, I don’t actually have a dislike of Dwarves, aside from ingame reasons and Tauren point of view.
And it’s not like I am non sympathetic for either Blood Elves or the Amani.
But as you wrote…this is just how the story goes, what if’s or “Should have’” are not relevant in this case. The Blood Elves joined the Horde, the Amani turned against it.
But regardless of personal taste, it gets bothersome when some group of players get pushed away or alienated from their chosen faction, based on the race they chose to play, they did it to the Forsaken, they do it to the Tauren(to a lesser extent) and we all know they do it to the Blood Elves and this has been going on since The Burning Crusade…it’s so childish at this point…I mean come on, it’s been years now.

There is no Tauren land. There is only Dwarven land currently being occupied by their Tauren allies.

t. Baine Bloodhoof

2 Likes

What does the t. Stand for? Tard? Turd? Tw…

It still baffles me how that failure of a male cow could have ever become High Chieftain. His legacy will be shameful. And a stain on history.

1 Like

Ooh wait…the t. Stands for…traiterrr

1 Like

The thing is that TBC Had nothing to do with common sense.

1 Like

You’ll have to elaborate…
How would you have fixed the huge gap in between factions?

And, out of curiosity, where would the Blood Elves gone, where the Amani? In your view of common sense

Actualy yes, I’m also curious on your stance about the Draenei.

Apart from the Draenei=Eredar retcon, and Kael’thas dying off as cheap raid fodder, I think it was fine.

I was saying that entire expansion was narratively speaking a huge BS. It’s not just belf/Amani thing.

Nothing in that expabsion made sense. And especially belf recruitment. They were meant to be in Outland, they moved there with their prince as a race that was about to go extinct. And that opened one nasty can of worms because belfies kept on splitting AND splitting AND splitting so it’s quite mindbogging how can they deploy aby force at all.

So I wouldn’t make them playable. And Amani could be simply used later. There are many things that affected faction ratio, the horde side was clearly rushed and didn’t have that well done capitals. Classic servers are showing that tge split isn’t that big so there had to be other factors.

They really shouldn’t. Amani are nasty. We have the Revantusk now. Much better and more realistic to implemant as the playable forest trolls.

It is big. It just doesn’t Appear that way because many Horde players left for Classic from Retail. If Alliance would do the same the split would return like it used to be. Or worse. It is likley, that all Belf players would roll Alliance again when switching to classic. The one thing Blizzard was always afraid off and major reason why, to this very day, we still don’t have high elves avaiable as race.

Many fans and Blizzard themselves disagree.

Like what? All the gameplay disadvantages are still there in classic now. If you mix that with the “Rather ugly” races and the lore handicap of the Horde being limited to Kalimdor while the Alliance almost owns all of Azeroth, then it is easy to see where the problem are grounded in.

2 Likes

Which, in fairness, was already contradicted in Vanilla with the Helf lodges, numerous NPCs scattered through Alliance cities and the occasional one elsewhere. In fact, even the Helf-Belf split was already a thing in Vanilla.