Why did you choose your race as rogue?

I just got into playing rogue pretty recently, switching from Warrior. Loving it btw, the first class I’ve played where I love all 3 specs! (Especially Outlaw)

I basically picked Nightborne because I just unlocked them when I started playing Rogue, but I’ve realised I find them a little bit boring… I don’t think they are “bad”, just not for me.

So im probably gonna race/faction change, but I am so stumped at what to! So many cool options… Looking for any reasons you guys have for choosing your race, and hopefully can spark some inspiration for me!

I picked Belf because I can’t feel attached to anything that’s not human, and Alliance humans look like gorillas.

I’m also a fat edgelord Kirito cosplayer who spent 130k gold on a pair of swords that look like sh** but sheath on the back, and if I remember correctly that chinese cartoon, he didn’t look like a cow or a fat panda, but I may be wrong on that one, please correct me if that’s the case.

Vulpera cuz smoll and also…
UwU

I play NE from the beginning (2005). After Warcraft III I couldn’t choose another race :slight_smile:

tauren /10char

I thought it was the a fitting class for Worgen, and the official art for Worgen when they were announced had a cool rogue one

All my characters are elven and humans so im based AF but I like the “pretty” races :man_shrugging:

I picked worgen because it was partially down to irl influences, but ontop of that its one of the few fantasy races where its not a uhh elf or human or orc :smiley:

1 Like

Look at my head

2 Likes

My first Rogue character was a Belf and I picked Belf because they looked so pretty. Same goes for today. Switched to Alliance and now I’m a Void Elf.

My first char was a troll rogue. Back then I was a noob and didn’t know about racials and there were much less classes to pick from. It was at the end of Vanilla when I started.
I picked the troll, because I liked the style of trolls and the chilled rasta vibe they have.

It was the best choice I’ve ever made. This char lasted me through all the expansions up to legion, when blizzard unfortunately changed my favourite spec and decided my char needed a background, that has nothing to do with the background I’ve made up for him in my head. And in WoW Classic I’ve revived it, hoping I could relive the good times with that char. But seeing the course Blizzard wants to go with Classic, I quit before even getting to my favourite expansion, which was WotLK.

1 Like

I see, you have some werewolves in your family! :smiley:

night elf in theory should be the best types of rogues since I get a free dodge chance increase and movement speed as racials (Quickness for example). Including touch of Elune for haste.

Undead is the perfect rogue in it’s appearance, orc has better racials but looks like a blown up bodybuilder juiced on PED:s. Tauren will be even more weird but the stomp racial is really nice. Goblin is nice with rocket jump and that was my race to lvl 60.
For horde its definitely undead imo.

oh yeah for sure, undead seems like a great rogue option no doubt

It just feels right and I already perfected my mog aswell. Need more gear options like this. Silent killer ninja style.

Considering “ninja style” I recommend f.ex. Artful Dodging set - dark with red and bronze accents, Bloodfang (red and blue recolor), Nightslayer - little dusted and pixelated, but worth non the less. In addition, for many ninja mogs boots from the Battlewrap of the Hurricane’s Eye set (WoD monk armor from Hellfire Citadel) fits perfectly.
Cheers!

1 Like

I shall look into them, thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.