Why did you make the Stormpike Battle Ram so time consuming to obtain?

Well…you still have until January 8th 2020 to get it…so target 5-10% mount bar increase daily and you should get it.

the korrak thing is a huge joke, they’ve forgotten that the original snowfall distances were made with alliance paladin mount aura’s in mind, not current setups…

2 Likes

I play both pve and pvp and can cleary see the difference between these two aspects of the game. I got my goat from doing pvp in a pvp battleground - most of the time overwhelmed by bugs, and some bg’s that ended with Horde storming our base after ten minutes. The rest of the bg’s took about three to four hours to finish even though that bridge would have fallen into pieces that many hours earlier.

Why is this so?
Because pve players see a mount, and about 20 people in our every team is fighting over loot in a mine. When they no longer have any npc’s to turn in their quests to, they just leave the bg, get deserter and repeat a few moments later.

Just recently I couldn’t even manage to not be pure toxic about it, and it feels bad to yell at your team for not doing pvp in a pvp aspect of the game. I hate it, I don’t want to become toxic about a game I mostly enjoy, with pros and cons. But I can’t help it during these event Alterac Valley bg’s. The quests are so darn stupid - demand that players actually do pvp to win those badges for the mount. Like, how you need to do pvp in order to get those Vicious Mounts/Saddles.

Not picking some loot in a cave, tame rams or what ever business those god forsaken quests are. 20 versus 40 can win a bg, but most often - not. Takes away the fun part about it.

2 Likes

More like why is it so freaking broken? Why would anyone make badges for turn in quests? Who is responsible for this BS.

4 Likes

From what I’ve seen the decision to make the ram mount a reward based on item turn ins is disastrous, as it relies far too heavily on people competing for scraps, especially among the Alliance.

My experience has been that I’ll have a fast queue time but I won’t be able to do anything because the Horde have at that point forced the Alliance back to the bottleneck in the pass, rendering them unable to get to most of the quest objectives they need and leaving them to only farm the mine resources, as they’re being actively farmed by the Horde for armor scraps. Even those Horde I do kill I won’t get to loot because I’m hanging back at range and my kills have already been looted by my melee team mates before I can get remotely close to the action.

It would have been far better and more rewarding to include a simple ‘kill 10 members of the opposite faction’ repeatable quest to actually let people feel like they’re making progress at a reasonable rate instead of forcing them to compete for these scant resources. We’re here to fight the enemy team and get our mounts, not fight our own team for the things we need.

I should also add that there seems to be a large imbalance to win ratios at the moment. The Horde have won all of the matches I’ve been in, roughly four or five over different characters on the Horde and four more on the Alliance. If that’s the win ratio for this BG then you’re going to wind up with a lot of burnt out players who just want that mount at the end of the first month.

2 Likes

since the announced the quest change, my queues are longer i think :confused:

time consuming? could just join an av daily for the ram quest, probably less than the bee :stuck_out_tongue:

The supplies gathered from the mines are quite helpful, yet players don’t really make a habit of reading quests or going for dialogue that doesn’t feature that big yellow !?

I got about 40-50% in a single BG, I’d just routinely recall back to base, talk to the guy who gives the mine quests, ask him if the work order is ready and run the order over to field of strife.

Like litterally, all those mine workers just paved the way for me to get an easy mount, I already have. The NPCS you summon are actually very helpful and can 1 shot any non tank more often than not (the commandos).

They put all the effort into collecting in the mine but don’t understand the bg enough to realise it’s far from the most rewarding. It’s quite enjoyable watching the fruits of their labour go to work too, the npcs are great!

Coldtooth supplies = Commandos
Armour Scraps = upgraded units, notably flag protection
Lieutenant Badge = Elite air troop attack!
Druid Spheres = Tree/Golem after ritual of 10 player
Rams/Wolfs = Elite Cavalry to assist

Also you can do quest with Zinfizzlex, need to bring supplies from outside but once every 45 minutes you can basically become a mini raid boss. It’s great!

Seems it could be a lot clearer for players, I see much confusion on all sides.

I like how they involve pve in bgs. Pvp should be like you read player versus player. No npcs adds bosses etc.

Just like twin peaks , warsong gulch , arathi basin and battle for gilneas. Those are pvp.

Now we get help from npcs bosses etc. Its not pvp.

First 5 days I didnt play AV. My 2200 cr friend said classic av is not pvp just to let you know.

Now I reg for few days. It seems to be like that pve just like my friend said.

I understand wow’s player profile not strong enough to hold players in game if they make full pvp version. But I dont like to see bosses , npcs , elites and stuff on bgs.

Its pvp. They shouldnt get involved in bgs. Now I get my mount in couple days. I wont reg it again. Only normal av.

Today russians said how horde manage to come korrak always before us every other bg.

Literally this is my favourite event by far, love this AV. Didn’t even bother with quests too much and i’m already at 50% after a few Bgs.

Even if you played one AV every 3 days and lose all of them you’ll still get the mount. Just lose 20 BGs 4Head

1 Like

Good for you katya. I dont want to stay in same AV for 4-5 hours. Whenever I joined Av on my new alt. I became 8k honored from 0/3000 neutral status on single AV and still av didnt finish. Barely one side finished game when I joined.

I like it, it offers a playstyle I don’t really see elsewhere, large battles where each raid is positioned 40-45 yard mark, watching raids slowly get dismantled and run over, learning to respect that space inbetween the battle or instantly getting blown up, watching a raid have to continously be on their feet if a shredder/strong npc enters the fight(plus, forgot to add, it’s scaled PVP!!, I’m using old trinkets and there is still some old Vanilla/TBC set effects that still work too! High end PvP requires a bit of luck to gear + tier 2+ essences, glad to take a break from this).

For me I see this BG resembles warfare a lot more than other bgs, a single person cannot really win the battle or make substantial changes, it requires people to work together to some extent.

I have done many of this bg and it’s interesting to see different tactics unfold, like trying to flank final graveyards or go in covertly.

It’s certainly very, very different from what is available which is something I admire, even bgs I personally dislike/like I can admire for what they bring to the table, there is variety in playstyle which is great.

Did you try the new brawl? I think you may really like the 15v15 deathmatch, more pure pvp as you mention, and really glad to see they experiment like this, I think pvp has had a lot of experimentation on it during BFA and hopefully it pays off in future even more.

2 Likes

Yes I reg it 20 times a day. Current AV not much PvE av , when I made vanilla av I felt like different version of warfronts just pvp version. Because you make npcs , get armor etc as well there. Its pve. Pvp is like battle for gilneas. You have lighthouse on battle for gilneas. You cant click the walking things on bases because its pure pvp. Only players fight.

I doubt I will reg it again once I have my mount. I dont like to get help from elite npcs. Ivus and ice lord acceptable.

Well, it’s your fault doing this on a Horde-character in the first place. The lose and rejoin-ratio is simply extremely fast at the Alliance’s side. I have done it within 31 or 32 games (won only once) and it added up quickly. As an Alliance-player you always join already lost games which nets enough to secure a fast and steady progress-income for the mount.

For eu yeah. German alliance and russian alliance av lasted 6 hours. Made me cancer.

I did 2 and it was horrible. Don’t like the mount, so won’t bother again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.