Why do DPS/Healers interfere with Tank routes in M+?

I’ve tanked to that level too. Also, who are you to decide what other people find fun?

We all play the game for fun, but part of that fun for me is succeeding at what I’m trying. If there are well established, tried and testing routes that the majority are familiar with, why not use them?

Also, talent choices can change over the course of an expansion as players stats / essences and corruptions change. Please don’t try to paint it as if you were trend setting 2 years in advance.

1 Like

I always do and they rage at me.

“Chill run” or “tank will pull random stuff depending on what he thinks will be fun at the time”? Theres a difference.

always? well if you only write “chill run” then this can mean one of many things. its not specific enough. at least it wouldnt be for me. i d interpret it as people arent toxic yet get stuff done properly.

1 Like

How is that different. ? I also sometimes make the description depleted key run.

Toxic players always rage.

to save 0.000000001 of a second of run time.

2 Likes

All those that take these things seriously by doing some sort of time and motion study and analysis on stuff have to accept that there’s a lot of people that play the game for fun and CBA with all that malarkey.

I know it may be hard to accept but hey, this is a game, not a job, so you’re going to have to get used to it.

1 Like

If you keep him on the edge and the rest of the group positions properly, he will practically not move at all when he charges and any ticks spawned by charge/breath will be so close to him that nobody loses any uptime stepping on them.

It won’t make a difference for Tantrum, but neither will keeping him in the middle. He’s just going to run all over the room regardless.

2 Likes

Chill run you say?

In my own keys, I state only one condition, “Don’t leave”
I tell people that I’m new and have never been in this dungeon, I can tank good but I don’t know the route.
Everyone agrees and we go in.
First wipe, half of those people just Leave.

Only folks from Russian servers actually respect the agreement. We once spent 2 hours on the first boss of he Siege of Boralus.
We had an obscene amount of fun. Kind of the point of the game if you ask me.

5 Likes

Yeah, I can confirm from my experiences that this is a lie.

If its more fun for them as a whole group then its fine. If its only fun for the tank and the other 4 players are annoyed by the tank’s bad route then its not fine.

1 Like

So you wanna imply, after two years of experience and player developement, that efficiency of the best, easiest, most convinient and in torunaments used routes …is subjective? Bruh…

:joy: translation: ive used the most dogno spec build for two years and got mockered and laughed at by all players…untill now when they all start using my! build. (Well after bzillion patches, systems added, hotfixes, tuning nerfs/buffs and an insane power jump…but who cares bout that.)

Also if you wanna be inovative, test, have fun etc…just say it in advance, put it in description …so you are in a party with like minded people. Please dont be one of those tanks that think the globe spins around them and everyone and everything should obey to they will.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t bring tournament routes into this, unless you feel we should be aiming to score 25% trash count in a single pull in PuG’s, etc. On the other hand you can certainly argue that no dungeon is a blank page when it comes to routes these days.

1 Like

This is one problem i have with wows end game content. M+ and raids get figured out early
by youtubers and streamers, then everyone does it that way. 0 thinking for yourself jsut blindly follow what Fatboss did.

Some of my most fun moments have beem early in the expansion when we were all trash trhing to figure out where to go and how to beat bosses. But now uou know all the skips, strats and optimal boss strategies and people do these strategies in myhic 0. People need to chill or make their own group.

Edit: That being said, i dont agree with ops attitude

2 Likes

OP, I’m afraid I have to join the chorus of “join a guild and don’t pug”.

In our guild we don’t run “efficient” routes in our runs, we don’t play “flavour of the month” and we’re very comfortable wiping 40 times in a run and still have fun.

Sometimes we have to pick a random 5th, and let me tell you, they are either super nice or super douchebag. I would’ve quit if I had to play with the wrong type of people all the time. If we don’t have at least 3 guildies we don’t run mythics, for example.

Try a guild and see how that goes.

1 Like

The seedlings spread just way more when you tank him in the open. The ones he spews at the tank as well as the ones coming from the charge.

The point is to let both of those abilities hit a wall so all the seedlings spawn at (around) the same area, easy to stomp them over.

A M+ that is a 5 player content is not up to you to decide what all will do. Its a team effort, there are endless ways to complete a dungeon and there are the optimal ones. I assume you try to be “unique” and better than “these” guys but you cant just delete all the progress everybody made months now and make up your own meta super duper routes xD

We tank it on the wall so ticks will be stacked, otherwise DPS loose alot of dps and healer gets punished with a longer fight. That is absolutely wrong in most cases, there are groups that tank it on center but im 100% sure your group is not opted for that.

You should, reasons stated above.

I have 0 tank rio but as you see that does not mean you know better how M+ works xD

No offence, you have not yet completed any +10’s achiev neither 15’s achiev.
That itself states your XP on BFA M+ is low, you might wanna get off your high horse and try what others suggest you.

Tank is there to tank, heal to heal and dps to ZUGZUG.
Its a team effort, nobody is the group’s fuhrer that all should obey.

1 Like

Just play as you enjoy - don’t let other people get you.

There is no need to do stuff cookie cutter way.

2 Likes

Well what do you know, there is a caveat of course. You have to speak Russian, duh.
Why would anyone try-hard for hours if you can not communicate?
It’s an mmo after all, you have to connect with people.
I’m talking my own experience, and it is such, that A lot of Europe players are impatient and they don’t adhere to agreements you make before starting the dungeon.
Russian players are more loyal, I guess.

Now can you elaborate on your “opinion”?

If you can’t speak english, don’t join people from an English speaking Realm.

That way communication issues won’t happen.

1 Like