Why do offensive cooldowns have to be magic buff?

Specificalls talking about Dark Soul. Why is it now magic and thus dispellable/purgable? I know mages have had this for years but instead of making their CDs undispellable you decided to make life miserable for everyone? Like this there is no point in chosing DS as soon as there is a mage or literally anything that can purge in the enemy team.

This should honestly be reconsidered.

Coz u are somekind of wizzard. Not a mongo warrior who dip out his streight thru rage and weapon mastery.

2 Likes

I remember the tears back then when you could disarm Bladestorm. And yeah, you can’t “dispell” Avatar either.

You are a magical Being that use magic and not some war mongrol like the dk above said.

1 Like

They should be purgeable, all of them (even ret wings).
The problem is when dark soul is a talent for locks and not baseline.

1 Like

Warriors stolen muradin abilities like clap, stormbolt and avatar. :grinning:

I remember when you could use bladestorm out of disarm

Well, everyone somewhat decent knew it was fair that you can disarm bladestorm.

But yes, making Dark Soul purgeable is…well, its just stupid, atleast with the way purge works right now.

Our shields should be purgable

I dont even have a shield, how can i use my shield to reflect?!

For arms and fury the tooltip says you raise your weapon to reflect spells.

1 Like

if everything is purgeable, it would be bad if you rng dispel the right buff for the win imo

doesnt seem fun at all

But im clearly not using my weapon & its a picture of a shield

Im using my left hand, heck i even raise down my sword to reflect with my left hand

No more than fair, though? Honestly never understood why mages were the only class that could have their offensive CD purged.

Well i guess that is subjective. I never really cared much since i neither could disarm nor did i play warrior. I guess any warrior will tell you that it’s actually not fair. But then again, dance or vendetta can be disarmed too. :man_shrugging:

It was never fair tbh. You press your CD and someone else presses one button and puff there goes your 1.5 min burst CD. I mean, it is at least baseline but that honestly doesn’t give you anything.

Anyways, with this design DS and other burst CDs are effectively useless if you can dispell or steal them.

I agree with Bloodlock here. It’s very bad design that the best talent in the row is magic buff that you can’t ever play vs Mages, Shamans and Priests because they can spam dispel it. If it was baseline and other talent in it’s place - different story but in it’s current design you will be forced to play something else.

That’s the point of talents, though? They’re there to let you adapt to what you want to be doing, and a certain talent always being the best choice is pretty bad design.

For example, firestarter is pretty bad vs hunters since combustion does nothing anyway, so greater pyro might be a better choice, or as frost, frigid winds might be better than ring of frost in some matchups, or vice versa, etc.

That was my point, either mage CD’s shouldn’t be dispellable, or other classes CD’s should also be dispellable, either works, in ny opinion.

Having done world pvp recently, nothing beats the tears of a paladin whose bubble I just dispelled.

Or ice block gone poof.

It’s just stupid imo, I’m OK with all the tiny buff to be dispell able or some things like aura mastery but for cd’s or temp shield for example it seems a bit broken.

If there is a problem with some cd’s I’d rather they fix it instead of adding a stupid mechanic to ‘’ try’’ to balance it.

they do enough damage to justify it being purgable.

They do no damage when purged. And also i want rogue CDs to be dispellable too then. They do enough damage so it would be justified. :man_shrugging: