Why do people think they're entitled to gear?

she was giving out the loot that’s why she announced she was giving it out lmao.

To make it clearer …
She announced that she had loot to give away but never asked anyone to roll for it.
So the roll winner didn’t get it because she never asked for people to roll for it.

Well isn’t that common on english realms? On german realms everyone rolls if somebody announce loot to give away.

I mean that’s what blizzard wanted, people to do whatever they want with their loot.
its your loot, distribute it however you want.

that is, what all the players wanted, who didn’t like ML… now they get what they wanted, players do with their loot, what they want…
if there was still ML, they could have opened a ticket…

I’m completely with you. Everybody can do with their loot watever they want. I just don’t get the point of even announcing it but only to provocate, don’t know.

no one is provocating, she was going to give out the loot, just not to the highest roller.
I do it too when i feel like it, I dont like RNG and instead i give my loot to whoever i seem fitted for it.

Fair enough, now I understand what he meant.

Normally, at least on most of german groups, loot gets announced with "roll ‘itemname’ " so it’s clearly stated what to do if you want an item.

But in the end, you are right. My loot - my descision what I do with it.

1 Like

Your gear; your rules. Thats basic and true, but its best not to blank people. Thats your only problem! :slight_smile:

Ye apparently i cannot choose my irl friends over a stranger i have never and will never meet…
I mean if i pug with 4 others then i will give people the chance to roll if i dont need something i get, but if i pug with a friend of mine than that friend gets 1st choice no matter how big of an upgrade it is for anyone else, no discussion needed, my decision and no one elses

3 Likes

I find the whole whispering thing weird anyway. I never whisper people about their loot, I’ve always assumed if they want to split with it, they’ll mention it in instance chat. Whispering a stranger about it feels rather impolite to me. Now I may be silly in feeling that way, and I’m perfectly polite to those who whisper me about my loot, unless they’re just rude. But this whole ‘your loot is my loot’ thing seems completely out of whack to me. I’m sincerely surprised people find it common courtesy to get things because they feel they need it. Other players are not your mom, they are entitled to say no and not feel guilty about it lol.

1 Like

In which way is that common courtesy? In the same way people getting mad at you when you get something you need so they can’t have it and they then give you a mouthful? It literally is MY loot, i decide what i do with it and its common courtesy to accept this because everyone has this right.
Look if i dont need something and im running with a full pug i will put something up for roll but so long as i need something for whatever it is or a friend needs it, well tough luck people, better luck next time

2 Likes

From my experience atleast in lfr and lfd on english realms people already start rolling on your item if someone asks in /raid if they can have your item. It doesnt seem to matter to them wether you offered it or not.

aye thats my main issue as well when playing with randoms. I have no problem with offering an item. But people dont even wait until others are offering it, you just get like 10 whispers within 5 seconds of looting the item, most of them being pretty rude

1 Like

Mate, ignore the nasties, play the game and most importantly, just have fun.

For me it depends on the group, and im mostly talking about m+ here. I like a bit of chitchat during a run, it makes the run more fun and gets me motivated to do better. So if people who i have been cracking some jokes with or something were to whisper me if i need an item i will without hesitation give it to them, provided me or a friend dont need it. However if its one of the silent treatment players well you best forget your loot if you can then suddenly take the initiative to whisper me asking for something

Silent players like that no matter if its in a pug raid, m+ or just lfr/lfd are always the ones that sent messages like " GIVE ITEM, I NEED!!!111!!!" . So in general if a group is chatty like you said i am more willing to give something away, but if its with randoms i will rarely let people roll for it because alot of them roll for it while having better equiped ( also the silent people in general). the silent people also are the ones that tend to insult you and get angry when you dont give away the item for some reason

2 Likes

Of course you do whatever you please with the loot you recieve, just a heads up that its common courtesy to if two players want an item you dont need to let them /roll for it to basically redo their loot rolls.

But of course, at the end of the day, its your item, you do with it as you please

He had the right to, of course. Everyone is free to get angry, nobody is preventing them (even though it doesn’t help anyone). And the one “distributing” his own personal loot is in no way responsible for that.

As much as someone is free to whisper others, that doesn’t mean the ones receiving one are obligated to answer or suddenly have to explain themselves.

Heck, half the “questions” are not even questions. “Need [item]”, “give me [item]” or “Trade plz”. As a cherry on top of the cake; this happens even before you either realise what you got or had the time to check whether you need it yourself.

And that, I actually do find rude and selfish. Don’t expect some super sweet and kind response, if any.

2 Likes

I agree there should have been no hate, but I can understand his frustration. Imagine running the same dungeon all day long for a specific ring, someone drops it, ignores your request and gives it to someone else. You wouldn’t be happy.

Would a response “I’ll give it to the other player instead” made you happy? Nope, so there’s no way to please you other than giving you that item.

So what’s the point here?