Why do you only come to the forum to cry?

Get real

You have 100 plus topics about why you hate AV

You have 100 plus topics about why you hate faction balance

You have at least 50 plus topics about how ‘cheaters/ bots’ are destroying the game

On top of all of this you have a hardcore of retail toons fuelling the fires of hatred

Seriously guys/ girls

Why bother?

And to qualify the question - to make it clear

Why are you playing a game you obviously hate?

And if you are not playing- why are you living on the forum trying to sound intelligent about a very simple ‘thing’?

It’s a game- you pay money to play it or you don’t - you have that simple choice

If you choose not to move on

If you choose to then live with it

It’s like listening to a primary school class complaining that their parents don’t buy the right chocolate

Read the forums - it’s an endless and meaningless petulant whinge

Nobody makes you play

Blizz decide how this all works because they are a business who wish to make money

When they ignore you it is because they don’t give a toss - your whinge is having no impact on their margins

Fix that thought in your head - they do not care about the whinge fest that is this forum because you do not represent their fee paying subscribers

Feel free to discuss your worthless opinions that Blizz will continue to ignore because - let’s face it - they are just the tears of children

11 Likes

No sarcasme here, but this is the only real!! Nostalgia in entire classic.
Exactly the same amounts of topic and same subjects as 15years ago.
Pretty amusing, if it was’t so sad.

1 Like

I don’t disagree - it is a broken record- but I thought I’d stick it out there

If nothing else it will provide an alternative tissue for the tears

If the forum is nothing but incessant whinging as you imply, why are you here? You seem against it.

There are some diamonds in the rough, but mostly I just enjoy seeing how fundamentally flawed some peoples’ logic is.

1 Like

I live in hope that it may become a place of learning - if support- meaningful discussion

You would note I am steadfast in my opposition to the crying eyes of the children who infest and contaminate the pages placed before us

1 Like

I don’t know where to start or wether you will really read this…

In 2005 it wasn’t that different, yet… back then Classic wasn’t Classic it all and it was an MMO with a large player base. There was no material to compare with and not everyone was as vocal as it is now. Back then a topic stayed on the front page once, and everyone was kind enough to follow the forum rules.

What makes these forums different from 2005 is:

• Not all people read all the posts in a forum topic. They scroll through the first page, then drop their reply and move on.
  • People think their opinion really matters because according to themselfs they know exactly how the game was back in the day.
  • Once a poster finds out their reply is above a certain reply number, they don’t feel heared, so they start to make a new topic so everyone can read their reply. It’s just like in the real world, the one who shouts the loudest will be heard.
  • People think Blizzard really cares one bit about the game. They’re so passioned about Classic and they want it to succeed. With this they don’t see that what they’re doing is adding more fuel to the fire and resulting into exactly the opposite. I know atleast 20 people that started Classic, but then found out that the community is not that great and it’s full off try-hard, streamer fanboys and whiners. It’s hard to enjoy a game when that happens.
  • I have the feeling that once people know they’re disagreed with, they lock up and they go into attack instead of coming with arguments. When Classic started it was not a popular opinion to roll on a PvE realm. Then P2 hit and people wanted to leave PVP because of several reasons.
  • The time we live in is not helping the forums either. Once you’re willing to have a discussion it get’s derailed by “OK, zoomer/boomer” or you get bombarded with #nochanges. If you really want to talk about WoW you should find a nice pool of discord friends that you know you can discuss with. The toxicity of some of the players is huge, spamming Go To Retail, OK Boomer in Orcish/Human language.

The forums is just the tip of the iceberg. If you look at certain discords from realms you will see that the sh*tshow is real. Beeing anonymous and living in the time we live now it’s very easy for someone to spew their garbage, then turn around and walk away. With memes coming in it’s even worse.

3 Likes

There are a couple of actual meaningful discussions as I mentioned, albeit most of them are bug reports because the EU playerbase is a second-class citizen and we are not privy to our own dedicated bug report forum unlike our friends across the pond.

I agree with everything you said - and it is sad

You see to me the forum should be a place to share knowledge - not to cry

And it’s not just that. I just been to the General Forums for Shadowlands and I see a lot more blue replies then here… yet they reply on (imo) stupid forum games.

It’s clear why the forums are the sh*tshow it is now. Lack of moderators or community managers. Everything is automated and relying on forum posters to flag a topic as inappropiate.

I could post a link to a p0rn website and if no one reports my post it will be here next wednesday.

So, you make a thread to cry about people crying? Yep, that’s what a smart person would do. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Again - agree

But a forum will only ever reflect the will of the users

I think there are a significant silent majority who don’t participate because they fear the derision and shout down that may well befall them

It’s a real shame

Unless and until folk who genuinely enjoy the game - in great numbers - turn around and make it clear - hey guys - we don’t want the forum to be like this any more - we want actual content and discussion - it will remain as it is

2 Likes

People who enjoy this game know to avoid the forums. Besides that, it’s only a small amount of people here posting.

You see - you are the problem

Do you have an actual contribution to make Beware - or is this your usual - ‘I’ll get involved to try and score points - feel superior - derail the subject?

Forgive me if I am incorrect

Do you feel the forums are of any value?

Do you feel that multiple subjects about the same complaint are worthwhile?

Do feel free to add some cogent feedback - otherwise simply continue to contribute the usual tripe to an existing whinge thread

What better way there is to spend time while fp/queue or even while just derping around internet, than to come here, poke the ant nest and watch all the little ants go crazy.

People are so easily triggered and offended nowadays, it’s so much fun.

You are, but that’s just part of the usual.

It’s called ‘negative feedback’, it’s a type of feedback which companies usually use for improving the quality of the product(s).
The triple-A gaming industry tends to ignore it these days, but there are proper indie companies out there doing their best to communicate with the feedback provided regardless if it’s positive or negative, and to come up with solutions.

If you don’t react at all, then how are they supposed to get a feel for what players are thinking?

And is that to you the purpose of a forum?

Don’t get me wrong - I don’t disagree that a lot of topics deserve such derision

But I am asking a serious question here

We could create a genuine knowledge base

A place where folk would come for help

And in doing so - in making the forum the go to place for help - increasing the number of folk who visit - it would make Blizz actually value and listen to the users

Had you considered that?

I think purpose varies between persons. For me it’s the source for some lolz to annoy people, and generally watch the salt.
That’s just how many forums are… overwhelmingly negative. People either ask serious questions in game, or google it up themselves instead here where it could take long time to get answer and worst case, someone just trolls you around.

Also since blizzard presence on eu forums is non-existing, i don’t see negativity changing any time soon.

My point - you are perpetuating the cycle of Blizz ignoring the EU

They pay attention to the US because they have way more subscribers but also because they don’t just flame away - they make cogent arguments and have reasoned debate

You seem to have greatly misunderstood the way the feedback is collected.

It’s true that the EU-English forum doesn’t have a blue poster in charge of doing anything other than the most menial tasks and can only post in meaningless topics.

But they do collect the feedback, for data harvesting.

It’s then sorted into statistics of things like emerging topics, how many of the percentage is saying what, what the typical responses are, so on and so forth.

It’s broken down into data, which is sent to HQ on a regular basis.

(It’s just that they ignore a lot more of the feedback provided in these charts now than they used to do pre-Activision.)

If you read the original post here I mentioned the small minority who infect the forum with negativity via their retail toons

I invite you to simple ignore Beware - a well known troll - even simply hide her meaningless posts