Why does botting allowed in this game?

My previous post was hidden for name and shaming. lol

“Your post was flagged as spam : the community feels it is an advertisement, something that is overly promotional in nature instead of being useful or relevant to the topic as expected.”

Maybe ban them instead of me. genius

That would be because naming and shaming is against forum rules.

You can not know for certain if somebody is botting, or whether they are simply multiboxing. Your job is to report it. Blizzards job is to see whether it is actually botting. So how about being constructive, stopping making already moderated threads, and just right-click reporting?

“You can not know for certain if somebody is botting”
i do thats the problem, i have evidence i tested it 2 times its not even a question that its botting, but the forum doesnt even allow links for screenshots or anything

imagine going to the police to report a drug dealer but instead they arrest you coz how dare you name him, todays society really oly understands from violence you cant reason with them

You weren’t banned. You had a post moderated out. A post that broke the forum rules. A moderation action isn’t even in the same ballpark as a ban.

Players tend to maliciously report other players, a hypthetical example would be:

1. Player One while farming ores, gets beaten to an ore node by Player Two who is also farming ores, repeatedly.
  2. Player One wonders if they are a bot (not an unreasonable thought)
  3. Player One goes to the forums, “Player Two is a bot. Ban him”
  4. GM discovers that Player Two is not actually a bot. No action taken.
  5. Player Ones forum thread takes off, and Player Two starts getting unreasonable abuse in the game.

That is why naming and shaming is banned on the forums. By all means, report your suspicions to Blizzard. Either by the right click method, or to hacks@blizzard.com (You would have been told this email address had you asked for it, rather than accusing the player publically), but never name and shame them.

No, that would be the correct thing to do. That would be the equivlent of emailing hacks@blizzard.com.

What you did was the equivalent of taking out a full page spread in the newspaper, and accusing them publically, without any judicial investigation.

Hey there Asyasy,

Thanks for your vigilance but even with your analogy, the police would have a proper procedure in place to accept your report. You wouldn’t run into the reception of the Police department shouting the dealer’s name.

And Trovlak has the top notch info just as I’m writing this. Nice work. I need to type faster! :slight_smile:

Going to close this thread out as well. Forum moderation is not something that should be questioned, on the forums. You can always put an Appeal in through the Support site.