Why does nobody care about transmog anymore

When it came out end of Cataclysm. I just remember the hype and excitement to go on the hunt for items to look different and unique.

You were no longer bound by tier or pvp , or leveling gear. I remember people’s banks stufffed with items as the appearance tab didn’t exist back then.

I just remember the excitement or giving more personnalization to your characters.

In 2021 , meh , why did that flame die out ? i have 18 different sets for this char. Most just stick to their covenant set and call it a day. sad =[ so much variety and color and presets , weapons to choose from in game and it’s just /care

Are we spoilt now ?

You can’t solo some raids. And some other raids are broken.

17 Likes

people like new things, covenant sets are still fairly new

6 Likes

The problem with transmog is the same as mounts - unless you’re motivated by collecting everything, once you get the set that you like, literally ALL other rewards are meaningless.

11 Likes

Both this Warrior & my DK are mog’d to Mythic BrF… not seen anything since that looks better, to me.
A cpl. of my characters are even mog’d to S4 PvP sets…

MY DK still prefers Mythic BrF to std. Necrolord set.

Because, as Popgligor said, most of the players already found their dream mog (or that one if you are a Hunter, really nothing workable besides the Nighthold set - Mail is atrocious ) and it have to be something awesome to change their mog
And Blizzard is… not that good when it comes to sets and pieces you could work with.

6 Likes

Season 4 Mail works for my hunter, but some may say it’s a bit… ‘loud’.
I have another Hunter in the Battlebound Legion crafted Mail) set.

EDIT:
Mythic Eagletalon IS one of the better Hunter sets - agreed.

I do care. Whenever a good looking PvP elite set is out, I try my best to get it in time.

2 Likes

I hunt mogs in my downtime, and now I’ve got a lot of that. I’m a bit bored with current content, and lazy to even do the world bosses, so it’s either another alt, mogs, or mounts, maybe pets.

I guess the problem is that the game is quite a grindfest with all the activities each week, like do 5 TW/4 keys for the weekly, a darkmoon faire for god knows what, don’t forget the raid night or conquest/valor grinding for your gear, and with working hours, family and other IRL needs, many don’t find the opportunity to RP where you can really shine with your looks. Players used to stand out of the crowd and actively seek company. Hell, there is even a player finder tab on the forums, for those who played vanilla, that game (but also TBC/Wrath) was about working together. Now, you’d show your looks to players you won’t ever see again with the heavy sharding.

1 Like

That and also transmog is not supostu be just shiny thing you put on your character. Its supostu tell story. Your story. But it doesnt. I can take anyone players transmog seriously becouse i have no idea if their mog got by actualy beating content when it was relevant or they just solo faceroll it when it was absolote. And this fact takes away value of cosmetic items.

As a Hunter, imho many of the Mail sets are an acquired taste (although for me, Venthyr bucks that trend) other players mileage will vary.

It can also cost quite a lot of gold, particularly while you are gearing up, to keep mogging new kit.
Tbh, I often prefer something that looks ‘Hunterish’ rather than flamboyant, when I’m pretty much on my ilvl limit.

1 Like

i care I just think a lot of the shadowlands sets look like hot garbage.

why they removed class tier sets is still beyond me.

2 Likes

I haven’t seen a single decent looking mail mog in SL and BfA, I’m still using legion mogs.

2 Likes

prefer the mythic hfc on my dk, the mythic brf for warrior is overused and see like 20 of them daily to the point I’m bored of seeing it

mail mogs in general always seem to have the least amount of effort put into them

4 Likes

We must be running into some really different people in-game, then. Most folk I run into have colorful and creative mogs. Maybe RPers on Argent Dawn are just very much unlike most of the playerbase?

3 Likes

I SWEAR they all copied me… :confused:

1 Like

I think the conenant system on mogs put me off lately. The currency costs (both anima/offerings) per piece are insane but more importantly is the thought that arbitrary caveats are being experimented on to such an extent(e.g. that if my venthyr mage learns something, another mage alt wouldnt automatically know it too). There is nothing stopping Blizzard from adding some restriction to mogs from older expansions in future that makes any completionist efforts kinda pointless.

for me its because we dont get anything nice anymore. everythings just a recolour of some sort, theres no love or attention put into it.

also, theres just nothing interesting tbh, at least in the newer raids and there are only ever like two sets which look okey…rest looks like it was made by people who really hate transmog with a passion. :confused:

if there is anything cool, its super rare to a point where it costs a fortune and/or takes possibly years to obtain.

4 Likes