Why does the game forbid trading of higher item level loot?

This is so upsetting again! I do Uldaman, only need the trinket from the dungeon now. I go as healer, so committed to full run. Someone is actually willing to trade it to me even though they have 272 and the drop is 278. … And the game makes it soulbound because it is an own ilvl upgrade??

Does this make any sense? Is it necessary? Does this also imply the game doesn’t consider sockets or tertiary stats? Or weird undesirable trinket stats or effects?

This REALLY motivates me to tolerate the queue wait and leave the group after it doesn’t drop from the boss.
But because the game also very annoyingly multiplies the problem with apparently not re-filling groups from the queue, can’t do that as healer or tank, and DD is bad enough, but really, a broken game deserves to be treated like the mess it is.

3 Likes

Yea this has been a stupid feature for expac after expac now.

Someone will likely chime in with “its to stop you being forced to give people your loot” but that is a joke excuse.

The real reason is to force you to subscribe longer and do more group runs on the odd chance you might get it.

4 Likes

Although that’s a sadly believable excuse, because this kind of nannying mindset is prevalent.
And if it actually does not consider sockets and tertiaries then it would actually be teaching people a wrong understanding of stats. But that, too, is still totally in the realm of believability.

1 Like

Its gone in DF.

It’s really not a joke excuse is it.

People used to gang up on randoms to try and bully them into giving up their loot, it did actually happen.

Now you might be right with that being the ulterior motive.

But that doesn’t change the fact the other reason is also true.

Its not broken higher ilvl is considered as an upgrade so you cant trade it, this is the issue with personal loot.

Only in raids.

Is it tho?
Just don’t give them the loot
say no go away

edit: idk why it responded to the wrong char

if its a guild thing then its probably a guild rule and you probably shouldn’t be doing content with that guild if you don’t agree with its rules lets be honest.

1 Like

To be fair, the most severe thing I can think of is threat to kick you off the group if you refuse.
And since Blizzard’s policy is to give vast leeway to any rotten roflkick, maybe this is their way to manage one bad policy with another. A lose-lose outcome, basically.

1 Like

Sorry its still a joke.

They need to let people decide for themselves or have a specific tick box for those that are too weak willed to tell people no.

1 Like

That’s actually not a bad idea: Make a mode you can activate that persists through an instance/group with no ability to change it during that. Then the moment the group comes together, you can say, sorry, all my loot is non-tradeable, set that way before. - I mean, you could still get kicked by jerks after revealing that when loot drops, but jerks can also kick you if you could trade but won’t. Of course they could also kick you after asking about the setting in the beginning, but this then should be a punishable offense. - We just have to understand that Blizzard apparently designs those systems based on the desire to have the least possible GM action necessary. (Can we even still call support agents GMs? Seems they’re neither master of anything nor particularly in the game.)

You guys get loot?

Yeah, it happens sometimes. Blizzard hasn’t fixed it yet.

Blizzard’s most used philosopy is: If it’s good, make it worse.

No I’m not joking it’s actually true and they apply this philosophy in all their content design because making the player randomly frustrated is good, even tho the real idea there is hard work = frustration = greater reward, but they lost track of that long ago and now just randomly make negative design choices to frustrate, it’s no longer logical, but that’s why you forget about caring and become apathetic and unsubscribe!

Example: The public crafting order system is pointless and annoying and any smart player will avoid using it, but it exists to annoy and frustrate you, do you really wanna gamble with your materials? you’ll have to get lucky because there will be a million players leveling their proffs on your mats providing you with 2-3 star equipment, and having even the slightest chance to get a 5 star isn’t worth it.

So basically the public crafting order system is only there to taunt you. Hey you player ! Look at this nice system you can use this, haha joke, you can’t use this cuz it’s only there to annoy you.

That it exists annoys me makes me hate everything about the crafting order system, if the public crafting order system didn’t exist, I would have nothing to be annoyed about, but for some reason that annoyance seeps over onto the normal crafting order system and makes me despise it even tho they’re not really connected, it’s like that being dipped in the toxic pool of negative game design that seems to follow WoW through the ages.

No man can decipher the complexity of WoW game design, because that’s how they do it, they randomly make things confusing and toxic and negative and then the players are bathed in that horrible reality unknowingly but in despair.

I have zero respect for Blizzard they so often make negative design choices for no positive reason at all.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.