Why does the Roar of Sacrifice work on Combustion and Fire Blast?

You could not, css is not programming language (that’s where you’re wrong btw)
and WoW isn’t made in CSS.

You were responding to me complaining about Roar of Sacrifice having buggy interactions with fire mage spells, though.

Not true.

this is the part I quoted.

this was my response

note that you mention spell, not spells and 12 sec duration, which is definately not Fire Blast

I meant the Roar of Sacrifice by “buggy spell” , not Combustion. Combustion is 10 seconds long.

This part is why I compared Roar and Temporal Shield.

While wrong the premise of their idea isn’t necessarily wrong

1 Like

So if i read it the rigth way than warlock chaos bolt immune this effect because they not crit but increased the dmg by ur crit chance when fire blast is a crit effect.
So it mean chaos bolt dmg increases with some extra % based on ur crit and its make the illusion of cridtika strike but their dmg were increased and not criting.
Mages do crit dmg and its not the same how chaosbolt work.

I hope you can understand it my english not the best.

It is, because CSS functions completely differently to programming language and in programming languages that are used to make games this doesn’t happen, because you have to define everything yourself (including this interaction).

I’m a programmer btw.

Combustion lasts 10 seconds. Roar of Sacrifice lasts 12 seconds. He was talking about a different spell.

I never said wow was made in CSS, I have no idea how WoW programming works, it was the premise of my idea that it would work on similar basis with those spells that always have same function regardless of other effects in game, I am not sure whether that would be the case here but the Fire Blast and Roar of Sacrifice interaction is definitely buggy.

Yes, CSS is not a programming language, I shouldn’t have said it is, sorry for that.

Programmer and DLock…now I understand.

1 Like

So am I and I said his premise is sane which it is. They said fire blast should always crit, and for whatever reason used !important as an analogy for something always happening ( in their case, crit chance being guaranteed). The fact they used css for the analogy is irrelevant.

I wonder if the roar also bugs out the searing touch passive (makes Scorches guaranteed crits on targets below 30% health). Is anyone who has a survival hunter willing to check?

No, just programmer. You don’t understand still.

well the analogy doesn’t work, because programming doesn’t work like this
you can’t just “!important” in programming, you have to explicitely create the hierarchy yourself in most (if not all) programming languages and definitely in those in which games are created

if something always happens and it influences things that guarantees it not to happen, then it depends how they wrote it, what kind of hierarchy they used and what kind of code

it’s more likely that they made Fire Blast 100% crit chance and just wrote it always crits.

And that the Roar of Sacrifice reduces your crit chance to zero.

And that Chaos Bolt does just show as crit. Or is critical no matter of crit chance.

Something like “!important” is a CSS stuff that doesn’t really belong to programming and is completely misunderstanding of what programming actually is.

I disagree, you’re just taking it literally. If I asked someone to make something have precedence over anything else, someone could impl it. If they asked ‘like !important in css’ it would make analogicsl sense.

What programming is/isnt is entirely irrelevant. His analogy is at a pseudo level. Although yes I imagine they did make it 100% crit chance and RoS multiplies it all by 0 but I still understood his analogy fine.

1 Like

So other way than. So if a paladin bubble do you get crit when hitting his bubble? I think no or prot paladin spell ward similar, dk antimagic shell etc. The rour of sac similar for these skills. Its remove the critical hit part of the game for few second. It not mean ur skills bugged. It means to be immune to these effects for a few second.

I do honestly take a lot of issues with this, as what Blizzard says spell do isn’t actually often what they really do.

I’d not use words like ‘always’ and ‘never’. Feels stupid to me. And leads exactly to this.

Well obviously it’s an issue with hierarchy (priority), so is any CSS elemenent’s attributes on a website. However CSS allows easily overriding all hierarchies with !important. I’m just saying that such easy overriding isn’t really something that does exist in programming in this kind of manner therefore it’s really bad analogy and doesn’t really work.

Simply hierarchy of CSS elements would be good analogy. But the “!important” is not, because there is no equivallent for it.

It actually does crit when you throw it at a DK with his AMS on.

You’re playing DLock and beeing a programmer in your rl, so whats wrong with it?

Just said it because at both there are mostly lazy people x)

He’s not playing a DLock tho

1 Like
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/defias-brotherhood/whisperer

Destruction.

Fake News all along, every Lock is playing Destru atm.