Why dont ele shamans have earthgrab totem?

idk we had it back in the day why remove it now that every melee has atleast 3 different movement abilites

1 Like

I admit I also miss it, I’d pick it over the other options a lot.

So you think elemental is in a bad state now? It’s basicly the best caster spec after mage nerfs.

Not my words, also not what the topic starter is saying :stuck_out_tongue:

Not what i’m saying.

1 Like

that is exactly what the topic is saying. If you buff elemental shaman with earthgrab they will be even stronger in the current meta and they are already the strongest caster in arena.

They will have to nerf busted burst first ofc?

But blizzard doesnt seem to have any clue what ele needs in pvp, they nerfed lava burst and instead buffed earthshock.
My earth shocks went from ~14k crits on taget dummie to 21k on the ptr vs live.

Echoing earth shock double critt since critt might be viable now = gg?

Totally hade missed this nonsense.
Mage:
Combust higher reliable burst then ele
Spammable cc and guaranteed to land it due to breath
On average have more healing in pvp, absorb is healing
Multiple ways to do setups/peels.
Lower sustain the ele

Do i need to continue?

Fire mages got nerfed in the last two patches, they are far from the best caster anymore. Shields get purged by nerly every setup, alter time gets purged, block gets shattered or mass dispelled, cateraize gets countered by mindgames. Every survival for mage is dispellable.

I play both fire mage and ele shaman and with shaman you have:

-one-shot potential every 30-45 sec
-ability to tank melee on top of you without the fear of being purged
-sick off-healing and earth shield for teammates
-more slows for melee’s than a mage
-take waaay less skills than mage due to less need for coordination
-have the sickest stun in the game on the lowest - - - CD (lasso), with further 2 more stuns!!! Mage have 0 stuns.
-A mass trinket for your team againt fear that avoids UA and howl… on a 1 min cd???

You could argue that a boomkin and elemental both take S tier, but mages is just way to easy to counter.

Do I need to continue?

Are we now listing all pros one class has and other doesn’t?
There are more firemages in top rankings than boomies and elies combined and the whole AWC was Hpal/Fire Mage/X, do I even need to continue?

Not saying Ele is bad state, if anything I would put it in top 3 caster right behind boomies, but comparing it to the broken FM must be a joke…

1 Like

You’re probably right, just saying I wouldn’t mind having it.

I love the spec, love all shaman specs, I actually play 3 separate ones :wink:

If they just added earth grab and not reducing something else it would been bonkers kinda like how fire mages currently work or moonkins.

For example there isnt a single viable 2dps comp for ele, i know the game isnt balanced arround 2s but as an example, is due to the fact we are serverly lacking in the utility department, this translates into 3s.
It also translates into what comps we are viable in.

Ele and shadow priests are the only casters in the game without spammable cc or ways to handle melee.
By ways to handle melee i mean some sort of utility to get away every now and then like gateway, mass entaglement, ring of frost, blink, spammable cc, shift out of snares, disarm etc.

There are alot of situations where ele simply dont have anything at all for where mages and moonkins and even warlocks might be ah, i should have saved xyz for that ill do that next time.

Dude above said there are many counters for mages, guess what in every single 3s comp there is a healer with defensive magic dispell aka every comp can counter eles burst by dispelling flame shock, not every comp have offensive dispell.
Im fine with counters thats how it should be.

Crazy how toxic this post became, I’m just saying ele has less ways to kite melee now in retail then back in wrath

You gotta admit that the wrath root was quite op. It had no DR and (with talents) a cd of what? 10.5 seconds? I miss that thing :'D

1 Like

Takes several hardcasts in order to work properly and is easy to prevent. (Interrupt on Stormkeeper, dispell of flame shock)

Forces you to play with Earthen harmony legy, which reduces your offensive potental.

Easier to play than frost or arcane but certainly not fire.

Takes up a PvP-Talent slot and is channeled, prevents you from doing anything else and brings the risk of getting kicked on nature school which is very bad for shamans. Sickest stun is Kidney due to being long duration and undispellable with even shorter CD. Mages might have no stuns but multiple other CC’s with different cast schools.

UA dispell deals big damage and SILENCES when you dispell it. Tremor prevents neither of those. Also tremor needs to be either precasted or forces you to use trinket in order to prevent fears for the team. It isn’t usable while being CC’ed.

Ele need 1 button that is reliable like a root/single target stun what ever that allow us to do something else.
Cap totem is an absolute joke in its current implementation its hardly worth having it on your bar vs competent players.
We have a lot of stuff true, but most of it is gimmicky only realy works against none competent players.
We deserve alteast one good utility spell and prune/nerf what ever to make it balanced.
I would rather have lasso doing no damage and beeing a straight up stun that way we could use it under pressure to heal, run away, peel etc.

Cap Totem is decent in BG’s (especially Eye of the storm) but lackluster in arena. It’s just too easy to avoid and the CD is also ridiculously high.

Fun fact. It used to deal almost no dmg until they buffed it in Season 2 BFA. Before that buff the talent was almost never used. I agree with the complaints about its damage and I also don’t like the fact that it’s almost a mandatory talent but it’s one of the main factors Ele is viable so it can’t just be nerfed into oblivion, there has to be a good compensation.

I never played bfa so i hade no clue, but i feel the bane to get some needed utility buffs vs melee is lasso.
Our utility which is laugable atm vs melee, lasso needs a total rework or beeing straight up removed.

u cast stormkeeper behind pillar… well u can dispel combust aswell. Ur agurment is invalid.

Forces you to play with Earthen harmony legy, which reduces your offensive potental.

Its earthen harmony chest but whatever. No a shaman has mail, we can tank melee without kiting if ur healer is not CC’ed. That is not possible as a mage.

Easier to play than frost or arcane but certainly not fire.

Ive played 20k arena matches as a mage (showned in statistics) and maybe 500 matches on elemental and I can tell you its so much easier to play an elemental.

Takes up a PvP-Talent slot and is channeled, prevents you from doing anything else and brings the risk of getting kicked on nature school which is very bad for shamans. Sickest stun is Kidney due to being long duration and undispellable with even shorter CD. Mages might have no stuns but multiple other CC’s with different cast schools.

Well Pyrokinesis takes up a pvp slot aswell, what ur point? And yes, its channeled, that why you can cast it behind pillar and NOT getting kicked. Surprise huh!? It’s a 5 sec stun with high dmg on a 30sec cd… for a caster? Thats insane. Shaman has just as many CC’s, wind shear, hex, grounding, 3 stuns.

UA dispell deals big damage and SILENCES when you dispell it. Tremor prevents neither of those. Also tremor needs to be either precasted or forces you to use trinket in order to prevent fears for the team. It isn’t usable while being CC’ed.

So you say tremor totem dispels UA??? HAHAHAHAHA mate, do you even play a shaman? I’m done with you, now I know you’re just trolling me. Jesus christ in heaven this forum is bad sometimes.

Re: tremor totem. I think his point is that if someone has UA on them. And they get feared then tremor totem can dispel fear without the adverse effects of a person dispelling and taking massive dmg and silence.

Not that tremor dispels UA.

Also OP. He said Earthen harmony Legy referring to legendary. Not …leg slot. You need to chill out man.

2 Likes

Literally just meant that. This guy has some reading problems…