Why I cancelled my subscription

Hello,

I’m outraged by what’s going on around the game within the company. The game contains bugs that take the company too long to fix. Patch 9.1 is perhaps the worst of all. The game lacks in-game support. I play the game mostly for the story, which is woefully marginal in Shadowlands. Additionally, the company is apparently bothered by my sexual identity or my disability, so they didn’t even bother to give me 2x notice on my job application. Topping it all off is the “World server is down” error, which says nothing when the realm is online.

I would also like to add that it bothers me that there is no server marked for the Czech Republic. It doesn’t mean that there has to be a Czech translation on the server. For example, the Drak’Thul server has a fairly strong Czech and Slovak base. Which I didn’t know when I created my character. And I’m certainly not going to pay money to move characters so I can better enjoy the game or possibly meet someone for a beer.

Just a little thing like that might help with my disability. Finding people who have the same interest as me so I can talk to them.

And maybe it would have another positive effect, because a lot of people have an awareness of my disability like something out of a Rain Man movie. I even got a response from a company in the medical field that they needed a person who could communicate for the position. That’s not my problem. I can communicate quite well and my knowledge is quite broad.

Where’s patch 9.2? Any official date?

I know my communication is quite angry and I apologize for it. I’m also a psychology major. Please. Please don’t write me saying you’re sorry. Like in the case of Starcraft II. How about we work together to find a solution instead of a problem? That’s why I applied to you for a job.

Best Regards
Gabriel

5 Likes

You do realise that they won’t even notice your subscription being cancelled, right?

7 Likes

Yeah I knew they will don’t care… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Blizzard bad give me likes

6 Likes

Well this is new to something old… you are mad they didnt give you a job and want a server for Czech Republic ppl?

Throw in some of the general bad things that goes around to mask it as something else but its mainly about the job possition aint it?

It’s like shooting a water pistol at the sun

1 Like

slovak and czech people are not that bad.

Remember: “zemiakové” means hello in their languages and “jahoda” means bye.

Very useful to know when you are stuck on their server.

But didn’t you notice them all speaking in a different languages before you hit any noteworthy level? You could have made a new character before having invested too much into that char.

EDIT: oh nvm you want to be on a slovak czech server, i thought you were stuck on a such a server

1 Like

This really is the worst thing. The problem with having no Customer Support is that there isn’t really a complaints procedure.

Has anyone ever tried to make a complaint to Blizz? I did once and after dealing with 5 or 6 very unhelpful, rude and aggressive GMs I eventually ended up here.

I’m sure there is probably some sort of Law in the EU or UK about having a complaint procedure. But Blizz don’t care.

4 Likes

You mean like they didn’t notice the other 10-11 million people who left since Cataclysm release?

:3…

1 Like

when you read requests like these tbh cant really blame blizzard for not listening to the community or having any real support

1 Like

don’t worry op your in good company even on the horde a lot of guilds and communites that had 1000 members have 7 people logging in :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Maybe read again. The ‘cz’ at the end of the character name might give you a clue as well as what s/he actually says in the post.

(Incidentally this was originally posted in CS but moved here after the OP’s first reply. That’s why s/he hasn’t posted again)

Well, the OP is an incoherent rant. I’m not even sure if it’s a serious or a troll post.

He’s mad about a lack of patches. He’s mad about some temporary server issue. He’s mad that there’s no server dedicated to his small real-life nation. He’s mad that he’s not being handed a job immediately simply because he has a disability. He’s mad about Starcraft 2.

This guy’s got serious hatred for Blizzard, claims that he can communicate well, and he deserves to get hired (by the company he hates) because he studied psychology. LOL. Very entertaining post! :rofl:

4 Likes

Can I have your gold?

Blizzard is an American company and when Americans think of Europe they only think of Germany, France, Spain, UK and Russia. Most probably couldn’t locate Czechia on a map.

Thats what hes trying to change here, obviously!

It’s a matter of how many customers they can expect with each particular language as their primary. Cz and Sk put together don’t have neither the population or purchasing power of Germany or Italy, hence no language realm.

To put it in perspective, there is no european Turkish language localization, because while they have the size if the population, they likely lack the purchasing power, while conversely there is no Dutch realm because they lack the population, even if they do have high purchasing power. In fact, there is no Polish or Romanian language realm either, and the number of speakers of each is higher and purchasing power similar to yours.

1 Like

Well if you would count all Cz, Sk players you would get enough people for more than one server. The issue is just in the Blizzard inner policies, that requires full support for every supported language.

Just marking Drakthul as a Czech server wouldn’t hurt/cost anything. But at the same time, it’s no longer year 2008 and this game is not about socializing anymore plus everyone speaks English now, so there is really not a reason to even do that anymore.

I understand you for some stuff you say and I agree too.

What I dont understand is why you dont either start a new main on that realm or just buy the service to swap characters. If you really value it that much why not do it. I know I would. They give you a option or more, if u wanna be stubborn I actually think that’s in you.

The problem with that is that then they’d have to take on a load of staff (customer support and, possibly, community and localisation). Once a realm is labelled for a specific country, the language of that realm is fixed and all support/information etc for the realm has to be in that language.