Why is battleground matchmaking so awful?

So…we all know that, blizzard entertainment as a company is bad at matchmaking systems. I don’t think many will disagree with this. However, what i am confused by is why the system gives some teams healers and then doesn’t give them to the enemy team or visa versa.

Since battlegrounds are nowadays solely dependant on which team has more healers, it kind of makes playing pointless. As healers are inherently overpowered with interrupts and stuns doing little to stop them, they deal a lot of damage and basicly make it an unfair matchup…

Why does one team get healers but the other doesn’t?

Max level battlegrounds are balanced. Both team always have the same amount of healers, so my guess is you are talking about low level battlegrounds.

If they apply the same matchmaking to the low level bgs the queue times would be insane.

1 Like

I don’t even do battlegrounds at max level. Mostly because it’s pointless at this point:
1.) Everyone else has insane gear/corruptions etc
2.) Everyone is 9001% better than i am there, as if it were ranked pvp…and thus less fun.
3.) The queue times at max level are Awful.

Also, i disagree with you on the healer point. It’s not the damage done but the healing that decides who wins or loses. After all, if you can’t kill the FC…and they are, how are you gonna win?

I found that the best way to deal with a BG where the enemy team has a lot of healers, is to just lose quickly so you can have another spin at the RNG wheel of unfortune BG-wise.

3 Likes

I was in a 120 AV a few days ago and our side was 1 tank, 0 healers and 39 dps.
Just about as unbalanced a team as you can get.
I was very surprised - we won, and it was by killing the enemy boss.

Because players have to play longer if they lose BGs. They are 100% rigged like this on purpose. Same thing in Warmode.

Its also quite sad that whoever wins in level 111-119 battlegrounds is decided on which side has more level 120s. It’s a bad system that promotes bad behavior (aka queueing up as 120 in lower lvl bgs).

I would say those douchebags who queue up as 120 in lower level pvp should feel ashamed and blizzard should do something about it…but level 120 pvp isn’t fun at all for anyone. I don’t understand how the devs are so inept at stuff like this…are they really that terrible at designing systems like this?

You would be surprised. I queued into IOC couple weeks ago. We were 4 tanks 36 dps , we won against 6 healer 1 tank 33 dps horde team.

If you set up kill perfectly you cant do anything as healer cause you sittin cc from 5+ players. Its dps role to protect healers, set up kills.

Also what fo you guys smoke pvp is dying you can be glad that you even join bg.

Considering one of my posts got apparently hidden because it was deemed “inappropriate”, i’m gonna take it that the pvp community is not a friendly one.

There is no matchmaking system because devs are too dumb to come up with something like that.
There’s also no PvP community because everyone who gave half a crap about PvP has uninstalled this garbage long time ago.

1 Like

YOu get healers at 120 below is who ever mostly because pvp below 120 is crap, i mean even at 120 it is crap xDDDDD

Totally disagree. 100%. Damage and healing, won’t outplay team work. Fact!

You’d be 100% correct there buddy.

They are awful because one faction has way more players than the other. Too many horde players so sometimes to get through queues they just get stuffed in without a healer. They should ABSOLUTELY remove the whole queue-as-faction thing as default like they do in arena.

If people really want to play as the faction they chose rather than have a shorter queue time they should be able to opt-in to that via an NPC or something.

While that would undeniably help with queue times, this is still a fantasy game. Battlegrounds are not the same as arena.

Just justify PVP Random BGs as below.

• Remove premade groups for random BGs

• Join just solo for random BGs

• No faction

• Nerfed healing cap

• PVP rank and ilvl matchmaking

2v1 PVP Match(Paladin wins against SP and Shaman)

5 Likes

While it is a fantasy game, not all systems have to follow those rules. I’m sure most people would prefer a fair, balanced fight than an unfair, unbalanced “Alliance sucks, let’s kill 'em all lololol” fight.

Not only queue times, but the balance of healer/tank/dps will improve as well as I’m quite sure, while I have no data (but have common sense), that the vast majority of horde players joining bg’s will be dps, leaving not enough healers to go around.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.