Why is Feral PvP class design so contraversial

Im not saying feral is bad by any means, all im saying is its the clunkiest most awkward class spec there is.
It literally makes no sense.
Cyclone should be castable in cat/bear form or bound to a mechanic that makes it instant cast and the range has to be buffed. I dont care if it has a 3 minute CD on the instant cast itself or 5 minute. It just has to happen.
I dont care for Wild Attunement and High Winds. Both of these talents can go to Hell and get removed if we only get some easier time casting a damn Clone.
Rake stun bugs way to often for the unofficial single 3 min cd restealth we have with Incarnation. (by bugs i mean it does not do the stun when stealthed because the action happens too quickly or something like that )

Why does Boomie have such easy access to both Cyclone , casting it and they also get 4 extra range because they have easier access to the talent itself , not having to exit form form and at the same Boomies have access to Mass Root/ Ursol Vortex and what else not.
Hell they even gotten the [Flap] ability.

Come on. I feel like a bastard child simply for playing Feral.

I did not spent 5 years trying to learn it for it to be so weird and unpleasant to be played.

I think spending 5 years as a middle to hardcore PvP player has to give you at least the right of objectively judging that this class is super wonky.
I literally dont accept any different opinions, im just here to vent how frustrated i am.
Cheers.

2 Likes

Found your problem.

:cat:

Dont agree, you just dont like it. Feral plays pretty great right now both in PvE and PvP, all it needs is Regrowth and Frenzied Regeneration buffs.

You did not find anything.
I do enjoy feral, especially because Cyclone started to matter and Convoke does damage again.

And i do play these talents, theyre just clunky which is exactly the point of this thread, stop swarming me with your Multi Gladiator ego in everywhere you see I have expressed my opinions, its creepy, I dont have to be a Gladiator to be able to play my main of 5 years.
Thats just ridiculous.
And Rn Feral is too demanding, maybe if they buff healing it will be better i admit but having Cyclone being 10 yards and kicking you out of form and Mass Roots/Ursol Vortex being so far down, all in favor of boomies feels really dissapointing i really dont see what exactly you dissagree on tbf.

All in favor of boomies? You do realize we have one of the best single target stuns in the game, which no other druid spec has access to, right?

Theres nothing clunky about High Winds, just Wild Attunement shouldnt put us into Cat Form automatically and instead be 6 seconds instead of 5. Just prepare combo points and its super easy to use.

Claws of Shirvallah allowing us to cast while in Cat was far too strong, same for instant Cyclone with Predatory Swiftness. Theres a reason every spec but Moonkin has to go out of form to Clone, it is called counterplay, and that is a good thing. Moonkin has weak defensives as a tradeoff.

Which is an ironic statement, considering actually Feral was never easier than now. :joy_cat: You’re just a AoE damage spammer in RBGs and Arenas and neither care about cloning or offhealing too much anymore.

First of all I was never an AOE spec in SoloQue or Arenas , i always played Singletarget and thats how i got my 2.2 last seasons too.
In RBGs I always play offbases convoke ninja cap.
Second.
Boomies are in perma-bear form that if trained = semi-instant clones, the only thing they didnt had was enough self-healing, them not having Survival Instincts is no longer an issue too, since High Winds gives them 30% dmg reduction on clone, and cloning as boomie is as easy as it gets but you’re partially right.
and lastly
Feral was never easier? feral didnt really change that much but other classes did, and its exactly why it feels clunky, its feels outdated , one last thing- and past shouldnt be example for the future, in terms of hardships. Just because feral has been clunky and harsh doesnt mean it cant be smoother in the future.
Also feral being challenging to play doesnt excuse the design being clunky:
I cant stand my Rake stun not going off just because i pressed it a little too fast.
Same goes for mistakenly pressing going into Cat form + spell that powershifts you into cat like Wild Attunement proc= you being thrown out of form sometimes.
And i already said Cyclone should receive a buff on range, 5 yards would do.
Incap Roar has a ridiculous design as well.

Also if we start comparing classes to feral you will quickly realize that “counterplay” is a perfect examplary wording for something that is idealistic but not realistic.

Again, Im not a Gladiator and I usually play RBGS and 2s but i think for a casual player that never misses out on reaching at least 2.2 in the bracket they’re playing I think I deserve to not be belittled and taken seriously as my opinion is as objective as possible regarding the experience of most casual-higher end players who play Feral.
What im triyng to say is - yes feral is not that clunky and weak in the hands of a prodigy, but in the hands of a casual player it is extremely clunky and weak compared to how other classes are. And there is really not a good reason for this design either, its just a neglected spec, it has always been.
And as I said above, it being like that for the past, doesnt mean it should be the case for the future.

I agree. Since they introduced the new classes like Monk and DH Feral felt very outdated and clunky to me. I like shapeshifiting and its a unique flavir but with the gcd and having many spells take you out of form really makes the experience unfun and clunky. One of the reasons I dont like cyclone with changing forms and also I think it gets affected a bit with lag everytime I shift to another form I feel the game lags a bit?
Also on the mobility from Monk feels much bezter and smoother eveb if Feral is a bit more mobile but needing a target to leap to and also having to switch to travel form to jump gets boring quickly not to mention how it interacts weirdly with terrains if you have a ramp for example you wont move far away…
I think its because no one plays Feral anymore… just see how many cool stuff Mage and Rogue always get. I wouldnt be surprised if Feral gets removed as a spec at one point.

Feral changed massively coming into DF. It changed in ways that made it competitive without losing its unique flavour as a druid spec.

If you find monk and DH more fun and less ‘outdated and clunky’, there’s nothing stopping you playing them.

sorry but those pedantic replies GO PlAY AnOTHeR cLAsS are just pointless and add nothing to the discussion.
Who are you to tell me what to play and what not? I gave a difference where I find Feral clunky if you dont like it you can just move on no need for those useless arguments.
You are just one of those annoying discord Ferals where they just cry about the slightest change until we got to Feral being sh*t in every content the last few xpacs… just stop

2 Likes

Actually, if you had been following any of the posts about feral development pre-DF, you would know I’m one of the people who campaigned most actively for feral to be reworked so that it was fun to play and competitive in ALL content. Since you don’t know that, I can only assume you’re the kind of person who doesn’t contribute to discussions about how to make your spec better and only whines after the fact that you didn’t get what you wanted.

Who cares anyway…? Feral is forever ruined because they refuse to adapt the (good) PvE changes to not impact PvP

ok do you want a medal? you just came in looking for troubles and trolling… every subject about PvP you come announcing you never play PvP and then just spiut non sense no one asked you to do.
You gave your opinions during development good for you other did not get what they asked for no need to gatekeep every thread and ruin it.

1 Like

As stated in your title, your topic is about ‘feral class design’. That covers EVERY aspect of the game. I’ve actually supported PvPers in trying to create a spec that works for all of us and not just PvP, even though I don’t understand the needs of PvP and my contribution is to say ‘if this person who does PvP says it’s necessary, then it’s necessary’. What you do, when you demand that the spec is designed to suit your needs, and ignore PvE, is exactly what you accuse me of. I’m here to remind people that PvP does not exist in a vacuum.

Feral did not change that massively.
The only thing that changes about our playstyle was that Offhealing was nerfed so people didnt even bother picking up the talents and we got a really cool AOE optional build which got nerfed 2 times already and with the loss of the old Tier Set bonuses its only going downhill with nerfs as large as 20% on aoe and 6% on rip and bite. We also lost Frenzied Regens healing by 50% in pvp.
We cant pick up Mighty Bash with Incap which is fine cause we got Feral Frenzy but on thw other side, talents like Mass Root, Ursol Vortex , Tireless Pursuit became impossible to pick, even Cyclone and Dispel are harder to pick for them are no longer baseline.
You wonna talk how feral changed, It did not change that possitively, its better but if we compare what we have gotten to what other classes have gotten throughout DF u will sit on your chair silent because Paladins
got same armor as I do in Bear Form, offensive and deffensive reaction every 30 seconds, wings, Shield Of Vangeance, 2x BOP, Divine Shield, HoJ, AoE Incap for 4 secs that does not break on holy damage, and full 100% parry together with HOF on 2 targets.
Demon Hunters:
Glimse = 2 secs CC immunity every 25 secs, 50% dodge with dmg reduction every 1 min, rain from above is melee immunity every 2 mins, another immunity for 5 secs that also gives 50% movement speed, a small mass 4 sec fear on mouseover, Imprison which acts like cyclone on 45 secs and Reverse Magic on 1 min cd and lets not forget Darkness.
Enhancement shamans:
Mass stun totem, Grounding Totem on 30 sec cd, short cd ranged interrupt, Burrow which is a complete immunity ability, the ability to Purge, Ghost Wolf acts stronger than bear form once u spend 2 seconds in it, passive healing from Earth Shield and totem, mass root totem, wolves and what not, im not that familiar with shaman.
Rogues:
Evasion = 100% dodge for 10 secs every 2 mins and reduces dmg by 10%, Cloak= immune to bleed/dots, also clears them, and gives 100% dodge and 100% magic resistance for 5 secs, 2x Vanishes who can easily act as immunity spells for 90% of the cases will give u a complete protection for nice 3 seconds at least, each. Feint= 20% dmg reduction on demand and 60% dmg reduction from aoe, Silence (if assasin) , Stuns , Blind and Sap/Gouge with also decent passive- self healing (if sub) and Crimson Vial (any spec), Disarm and Smoke Bomb that literally controls terrain as well as Shadowy Duel (sub), not to mention the ease with a rogue can reduce healing by 70% (assassin) every 25 seconds.
Should I keep going ?
we’re literally neglected.

Oh and ps this is a PvP Thread. It goes without saying that PvE and PvP do live in a vacum, most of the abilities are nerfed in PvP, as for example Ferocious bite does 25% reduced dmg in PvP, Imprison does not act as a Disorient, it acts as Incap in PvE and so on.

3 Likes

I just don’t get why all of the sudden they decided that feral is the only hybrid in the game that deserves to have 0 self healing

2 Likes

bruh healing is the least of my worries.

Feral healing nerfed even more, Nature’s Vigil from 30 seconds to 15 seconds. It already is a joke compared to Spirit Guidance from Shaman.

:joy_cat:

1 Like

DRUID

• The class tree is too bloated with abilities that should have been baseline. Abilities like Cyclone, Soothe and Innervate.

• Convoke/Incarn should be in class tree not spec tree, them being signature druid abilities and druid’s going into Dragonflight losing player power with their new talent tree’s whereas other classes gaining player power with new talent tree’s.

• Frenzied Regeneration should be off the GCD.

• Hearth of the Wild cooldown should be reduced and should be off the GCD.

• Rejuvenation healing is too low.

FERAL

• Feral Regrowth healing in PvP is too low. You currently are unable to recover properly on your own, and that while being a hybrid class?
5 Likes

Idk about you guys but im thinking about retiring from PvP, its just too much
ill just become a Goldshire hooker or a dancer or something

1 Like

I’m crossing my fingers that they release Cata…

Same… did not return to the game so far. SS takes like 40mins to get a queu just to be slapped by casters left and right. 2s as usual dominated by RM also I find the theme of thr xpac quite bland