Why is hate speech allowed in the forums

Just asking. I’m specifically thinking about racist comments going unchecked.
Why?

Blizzard : https://imgur.com/a/3IsTPph

The forums are not manned 24/7. Report the posts you find offensive or against the forum guidelines. Also, don’t get drawn in… some of your replies are not any less unpleasant and could be deemed baiting. (if it is the thread I assume you are referring to). TLDR: It’s better not to feed the trolls you come across.

If enough players report the posts, it will be hidden pending moderation and dealt with according to the forum code of conduct.

1 Like

This is false. Reporting the posts has no effect

No, it’s not false. Reporting the post will put it in a moderation list which will be checked. Multiple reports of a post will hide it.

2 Likes

I’ve reported different post that contain hate speech as defined by the EU and nothing happens

Illegal hate speech is defined in the EU as the public incitement to violence or hatred on the basis of certain characteristics, including race, colour, religion, descent and national or ethnic origin.

1 Like

i agree.
10/

Hate speech is classed as harassment by Blizzard and I have been banned for calling someone Russian.

Reported posts are acted upon, it’s happened to me more than once.

Atso, Looking at one of your past posts, according to your definition, you are breaking the rules.

Because JEWS, because NEW WORLD ORDER, because REPTILIANS!

Jesus… Internet police.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.