Compared to every iteration before WoD.

Its unbelievable.

Its makes me vomit.

1 Like

What exactly do you not like about it?

Lack of stun?

lack of pressing frostbolt ?

1 Like

Did Frostmage actually ever change the past couple years? Frostfirebolt is gone but Flurry is pretty much the same deal just a bit delayed with its hits.

I guess you could say Deep Freeze is gone but thats about it? Didnt they have Living Orb aswell in Legion/WoD or this Frostbomb thingy?

Apart from that I dont really remember Frost being anything else but Frostbolt Icelances in the first place.

We lack control, snares and lots of abilities that were removed because idiots took reins after MoP.

Well, we lost stun, but that’s pretty much it.

Slow duration reduced a little overall, but slow intensity increased with 10% talent. 80% cone of cold slow is actually quite ridiculous.

Roots remained the same as in previous expacs, except there are also Glacial Spike and Ice Nova – these two do not respect general root DR, so its an addition.

Ah… Frostjaw, almost forgot. Yeah, that was pretty cool.

But honestly I’d trade all of that and more for a Derp Freeze.

You are talking about Frost spec… also the gameplay is absolutely horrible. Fire needs Combustion rework, Deep Freeze and Cone Of cold back. Remove Shimmer. Give back Mana, Mana Shield and armors.

Gameplay is bad. Design is bad. Combat is bad. Number tuning is bad. What more can I say?

At level 17?

At level in 60 Shadowlands. At level 120 in Bfa. At level 110 in Legion. At level 100 in WoD. You know what Im talking about. ITS MINDLESS AND BORING AND EASY.

I’d say that Combustion / DF / CoC / Shimmer and everything else in your list depends on a point of view. To me – the more diversity, the more build variants – the better.
So, I kinda agree, but I don’t think these are the reason why the combat is not good. Number tuning is.

What I strongly agree about is INFINITE mana on frost/fire. This crap is boring as hell and removes complexity and depth from the game. Why not just get rid of it entirely and give some other form of resource.

Fire has CC on all three spell schools. It also has the ability to kill someone in 3-4 seconds.

Mage hasn’t changed much in a few years now so it might feel stale, but it’s incredibly effective.

Remember that Melee have almost 100% uptime in most situations currently, so mage isn’t necessarily nerfed or weak, it’s just on par with other casters in terms of how effectively they can keep melee away from themselves.

Nice constructive feedback OP.

Now, can you show us on the doll where they hurt you?

Everything is bad, i am going to cry about it at forums to feel better at myself. That is a good criticism everyone! Take it as an example!

Changed/removed spells & passives:

• Deep Freeze (Removed).
  • Lowered amount of fingers of frost procs you can save(change).
  • Frostfire Bolt (Removed).
  • Ebonbolt during legion used to come from artifact weapon and made rotation a lot more interesting, plus it did A LOT more damage, but it was turned into a talent(changed).
  • Chain Reaction was a given from a frost legendary for the MUCH needed damage boost to the weak icelances, it was turned into a talent(changed).
  • Splitting Ice used to be a passive into 2 bonus targets it is now a passive into 1 bonus target for 65% of its original damage(changed).
  • Rant -> at multiple points in the past set bonuses covered “certain holes” in the rotations and made them interesting (such as Tomb of Sargeras set 4 bonus bringing the much needed higher uptime on frozen orbs or again Antorus set bonuses bringing the MUCH NEEDED boost to icelance damage).
  • Alter Time interaction with your cooldowns at the beginning that we had in MOP where you would be able to regain them on alter time expiration(changed).
    _ Fingers of Frost procs generated from Frozen Orb GREATLY reduced (one of the worst changes in my opinion).
    I could get into a similar rant about fire & all the stupid changes they made to it (imo passive ignite removal is absolutely the worst one, which is the most recent one, or phoenix flames not being guaranteed crit & damage being so so low)

How is no one actually pointing these things out tbh? as much as the OP’s way of addressing the situation is innapropriate, it does bring a good point about how many “little things” get taken away, and very little given in return. Dependency in borrowed powers in BFA onwards made some specs have deep issues in them, Legion’s borrowed powers imo were the perfect balance by Antorus (but this is subjective and my personal opinion).

Of course they change things. They cant keep it the same forever. Also legion had more borrowed power than bfa or SL (except corruption) and it was the dependancies on them that made bfa so bad when it launched too quickly with artifact weapon shaped holes in most specs. Legion just had better designs, the specs were built around the borrowed powers instead of them just feeling tacked on.

I’ll be honest, I blame Chaos Bolt for most modern mage design. Warlocks apparently have the monopoly on “big damage hard cast spells” so mages design has been pushed further into using proc’s and spraying lots of little instant cast spells to do damage.

I’ve raided the whole of Classic WoW and it was less boring than playing mage in Nathria. Arena is the only reason i even play Retail. TBC Classic might finally put that in a bodybag though.

I’m agree with OP.

Fire was really fun during Cataclysm but the gameplay was ruined.

And they ruined shatter combos in Pandaria. How I miss arcane shatter combos!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.