Why is there so little response in the forums?

That is the 4th theory which is the most accurate really.

If they answer they dig a bigger hole for themselves, so it’s better for them to remain silent.

2 Likes

Ion once said, even though he does not reply much and only rarely to major topics, he reads almost everything he can on the forums and twitter once in an interview.

Community Managers are not Devs. Most things are about wanting changes in the game. Community Managers pass our feedback back to the Devs.

Many times other posters will answer a question, helping out or clarifying information.

Sometimes they can give clarification on changes that are coming in, or share information. Dev posts are rare but they are more likely to appear on the NA forums as that’s where they are based. Most information is shared across the board or is picked up by news sites. We also tend to share information we see/start discussions etc.

1 Like

Have you seen over half of the topics on here? It’s either repeats of old topics with the same whining (because search function isn’t a thing hehe xd) or wannabe devs suggesting fixes to problems that either don’t exist or fixes that would just make things worse.

1 Like

Just ten hours ago Community Manager Kaivax responded where they could help, if it’s relevant they will post, if it’s something they can reply to that hasn’t already been answered:-

2 Likes

Pray You actually get moderated by some senior moderator who saw countless things and doesn’t trigger happy faster than his/her shadow, one post one ban/one swing one dead.

I remember Kaivax being around when all the social justice topic where around. he got nerves of thorium !

Cause and effect, imho.

Forums have tried constructive, useful feedback; many newer and more naive posters still do. But it never gets a response. So eventually people just devolved into semi-coherent ranting.

I would love to have a reasonable, open, moderated Q&A session with the devs. I’d really like to have thoughtful, sensible exchange of ideas. But I also want it to not have blacklisted topics, because I bet those are the ones we all want to talk about.

1 Like

Yes, constructive, but if you see forum it is not constructive critism. You see alot of onesided hate oppinions and People get angry if you challenge their oppinions.

Maybe it’s time to merge the forums then.

We have different resets in the various regions and different languages. There are also some very minor differences with the versions of the games in each region.

Not to mention the moderation would be on NA times then. It’s bad enough seeing what stays up for long periods on weekends let alone if it’s all through the night for the NA.

1 Like

Different countries have different rules/laws so we have minor differences in some regions.

Such as?

/10chars

Let’s be fair; many, many people throw in suggestions for the game. There are hundreds of well-intended though often poorly-thought-out ideas. As players, we often debate them, pick holes in them, occasionally agree; such as everyone thinks valor points are good.

But none of them get a blue response.

We do not get any engagement with our feedback, ever, and as such there is none of the usual positive reinforcement of asking nicely and getting a nicer response than if we stamp our feet and shout.

As for people getting grumpy about different opinions; that’s not these forums, that’s the world. People are forgetting how to debate and reverting to tribalism where the other side must be wrong. Nobody knows what the other side thinks, but they’ve been over there for 300 years so… wrong. Just wrong.

1 Like

Because they want unimaginative people who obey and never challenge the system: The Blizzard family.

2 Likes

Doodley-e-doo, clap clap
Doodley-e-doo, clap clap
The Blizzard family

1 Like

That’s the rub I think? They know they’re doing players wrong with current balance of classes, lack of loot, etc etc and having someone like a community manager post would be like putting a scarecrow out to burn. The community manager isn’t able to tell people to fix the game, they’d just be a fall person for the state of it.

That would be a horrible task to do. I wouldn’t want to do it, would you?

Lots of other studios and gaming communities have devs and cm’s actively posting, debating, arguing, joking and crapposting with its community. Which is much more fun and makes them feel more human.

Blizzard doesn’t ruffle anyones feathers by not engaging with its community but it makes them feel like nothing but a big soulless corporation that is all about business and not its players.

1 Like

I’ve had support roles in companies, usually phone based ones. I knew the company I was working for was doing the customers wrong/poorly, but I couldn’t say it or I would get fired. But I had to take the calls, be polite, help where I could knowing I’d take a massive amount of flack.

It’s not fun, but sometimes a job is a job. But it’s nice in a way that Blizzard shield some of their staff from the rightfully unhappy customers as neither the low level employees or customers are at fault.

The community manager isn’t able to tell people to fix the game, they’d just be a fall person for the state of it.

If it’s a useless community manager and not a developer, then his/her task would be to build a feedback-bridge. The few people that make the decisions and get the money only focus on graphs going up and down, so the community manager should repeatedly tell them anyway until one of both gets fired. That would be a good community manager.

1 Like