Why is Vol'jin important?

Care to elaborate?
Unless you mean “wrong” as in “retconned” which it certainly was.

5 Likes

Well the Legion did still kill Vol’jin if that’s what he meant. If not, same question from me.

1 Like

What is there to elaborate? No where has been written that Sylvanas knew that she will be promoted to WarChief and she also did not wanted it. It came as a hurdle which she manage to turn into benefit.

Yes there is. It is a stupid retcon but they talked about it at Blizzcon.
Going from respectig Vol’jin during Legion and Before the Storm to manipulating everything seems very odd to me.

Give me source because as I said, that did not happen.
You also forgot to quote

It came as a hurdle which she manage to turn into benefit.

Yes it did.

Watch the Blizzcon Q&A 2019.

I can’t really search the exact moment from it right now.

But they also told Sylvanas met the Jailor the first time after her suizide after Arthas defeat. More stupid retcons.

Q: Did the jailer in The Maw see the Legion as a threat which is why Sylvanas worked with Varian?

A: We’ll find out more of her motivations in Shadowlands and that her relationship with the Jailer dates back a bit. Edge of Night story involves this relationship. Working with Varian was a long term strategy in order to get war chief - had to make allies but now we’re seeing the fruition of that.

From the mentioned Blizzcon Q&A.

I would really appreciate it, if you would not just assume that everyone else has to be wrong and instead ask if they might actually know more than you. That might prevent embarassments like this here in the future. Being aggressive about your points from the start doesn’t help you one bit, except if you want to provoke insult matches.

And your questions wouldn’t even have been stupid, if they had been questions. I am indeed making some assumptions. It was never directly stated that it was the Jailer that prevented the Loa from aiding Vol’jin, which lead directly to his death, nor was it stated that he was the one who whispered in his ear while he died. But since we know he was working with Sylvanas, that Sylvanas needed the Warchief position to start and the war that would feed souls to the Maw, and that he is supposed to be behind most of the bad stuff that happened in the Shadowlands… I hope you agree that the assumption that he and Sylvanas are behind this isn’t unreasonable.

But if you actually have an alternative theory, it would be nice of you to share it, instead of just stating that we are all wrong on this one.

7 Likes

Give me actual source, don’t quote a sh** on me. I don’t trust you that you know what you heard or saw.

Yeah… Indeed I would recommend nobody quote anything to you anymore. This is not a good faith attempt at discussion and should be ignored. I will, from now on.

4 Likes

Caught you in a failed attempt to troll me hard. Got it.

Dear God, I hope you are trolling.

4 Likes

He gave you a Q/A proving his premise? You can literally google the words, it will come out on five sites?

7 Likes

I want his source to see how accurate it is. I am not going to google anything.

Hey, 2 well placed mirrors alone can already give him reflections as far as the eye can see.

5 Likes

I am not sorry because you dislike facts.

here’s your source as you’re too lazy to google it yourself. It was exceptionally easy to find. There’s probably a video of the actual panel but i guess you’re too lazy to look for that also?

Time to apologise for being a jerk

10 Likes

Basically this, they realised they screwed up by offing Vol’jin like they did and on top of that also had major backlash because of it so they used the new story as an opportunity to bring him back.

2 Likes

i hope they just forget about him who cares about another dead troll anyway

1 Like

I do not think that bringing Voljin back was actually caused by any backlash.

It does seem that they already aimed at making his absence as something temporary, when their first Broken Shore ending had him not die and instead go MIA.

Gelbin had temporary abscence where it was hravily hinted that he will be back. With Vol’Jin they outright killed him with zero update on entire expansion span.

They were constantly asked about Vol’Jin. Ion even said in his review “Vol’Jin is dead - what update do you need?”. Such approach is imo best example on them backtracting rather than carefully writing the plot.

2 Likes