Why mistweavers are leaving

Blizzards monk lead climbed to the top of a misty mountain to seek wisdom and guidance from an old sage about why mistweavers are unsubbing or rerolling, once he finally reached the top, he saw not a wise old sage, but a dusty scroll.

With tired hand he gently unwrapped the dusty ribbon and unfolded the ancient paper bindings to reveal a proverb so profound that it shook him to his very core.

“because its not fun…”

“FUN!?” - A forbidden word thought to be sealed away in deep in the tombs of balance many expansions ago… could THIS really be the reason for the misty drought?

He sat there for 3 days and 3 nights while he pondered the wisdom of the scroll, finally he found enlightenment, he rose to his feet, and just like secret infusion, chi, and mana, he threw the scroll right into the bin. The end.

8 Likes

Not really, the spec is still more fun than all the other healers. It’s just not very good.

4 Likes

I don’t think that MW raid healing is fun or engaging in the current state. You basically press Essence Font, Rushing Jade Wind and Renewing Mists on cooldown. After that you just DPS the boss.

MW right now is a healer that passively heals everything around them with 3 buttons. No thinking required, it feels super dull.

If you try to do reactive healing with Vivify or Enveloping mists you go OOM really fast. The game punishes you for active healing instead of passively healing everything around you.

MW right now is a healer that passively heals everything around them with 3 buttons. No thinking required, it feels super dull.

Not true, MW is not just “RJW and EF on CD”. That’s how it was in BFA, but now it’s pretty important to get your Rising Mists right. You also play around ReM burst windows and use vivify when you have 4-5 Renewing Mists up. The spec used to be completely reactive and very easy to play, however Rising Mist has changed that. The playstyle is different now and the spec is a lot harder and more punishing to play (if you don’t do it right). This is also why a lot of people are struggling now… they spam vivify and go oom because they don’t use the best parts of our kit (rising mist) properly. You can’t just spam EF and RJW on CD and expect to do good healing anymore. Rising Mist is very fun, engaging, and rewarding :slightly_smiling_face:

RJW isn’t really used outside of a few fights (council of blood for example). Chi’ji is the play 90% of the time.

1 Like

I kind of consider that fun :slight_smile:

But I do wish I was allowed to press Vivify more without going OOM. I’m a very thirsty panda this expansion :frowning:

When we are not doing fistweaving its more harder i dont like fistweaving but i continue anyway.

Its very simple…mana…its stagering the diference in mana regen abilitites all other classes have compared to us , its almost like they fk hate us…6k per 1/vivfy!!! with a cap 50k pool is insane , and the 3 dots you need for blackout kick give you 1.87% your mana takes ages , imagine the amount of punches you need for that be viable imo and experience , i play monk since there is monks in this game , its not ok to be always flamed everywhere , afther like 6/7 years mistw , just rerolled brew , and probly abandon the class due to been offensive and completly abandonative in the behalf of the devs , never adressing its issues and ignoring the fact that peopl actually invest time on there chars , lacks respect …just my 2 cents :slight_smile:

6k per 1/vivfy

??

and the 3 dots you need for blackout kick give you 1.87% your mana takes ages

yea, that’s why we don’t use it.

also mana tea is just better in all content really.

Just roll a mage or a rogue. Then you know for sure that every xpac will be fun. They are always top notch in every part of WoW. I can know. I mainly play the so called hybrid classes. Paladins, druids, monks…

We’d rather you didn’t play mistweavers

I think they’ll redesign it for 10.0. They did it in the past with specs that were to be redesigned. First nerf it, then change it.

I really hope they are not going for a Invoker style of play with yulon or chiji. I also hope they get rid of Essence Font.

I just want MoP Mistweaver back with Chi, Uplift and old Fistweaving. :frowning:

are you on drugs ?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.