Why not make separate classic fresh servers with and without WBs?

Well, as the title says, wouldn’t it be nice if they made separate classic fresh servers for those who would like to play with/without world buffs?

For those who don’t want them, WB’s are completely shut off as is the current plan.
For those who do want WB’s, there are separate servers where they are available like they were in classic but with chronoboon in from the start.

Not only would it give more players the option to play the game the way that they enjoy but it could also provide valuable insight into how people prefer to play.

7 Likes

I support this, even reenable world buffs, and those who want to raid without would have no problem finding likeminded people play with.

I know there were a few projects on my realm in classic, but they was really struggling with recruitment.

3 Likes

We had that in classic and a major complaint was that people felt that they were forced/expected to get WB’s even if they didn’t personally want them.
Guilds want to be competitive and if there are some guilds on the servers getting WB’s, the rest can’t compete.

Having separate servers would remove that problem since all the guilds on your server play ‘by the same rules’ and also make it easier to find likeminded people. A lot of players in classic who didn’t like WB’s had trouble finding other people who also wanted to play without and most ended up joining guilds where they felt forced to get them. This would make it so that every player on your server is a ‘likeminded’ player in terms of WB usage.

3 Likes

Fair point. Would be interesting to see how it would end up. Should be a healthy pop for both types.

3 Likes

I think so too, there are plenty of people in both camps it seems :slight_smile:
Hopefully they realize that many people would miss the WB’s and the impact they had on making the game a lot more exciting!

Overall this change to world buffs Blizzard is making is tiny. It’s like a tiny part of a huge list of patch notes. Sure it can have a big impact in the end, but it is more similar to fixing an exploit than anything. It is still a very small game change. If this was implemented in 2004, no one would care. Do you think it is reasonable to ask Blizzard for a new TYPE of server for every minor adjustment?

It’s not a minor adjustment tho, WBs means a great deal to so many. While changing one thing in a technical sense, might seem minor, the perception makes it major.

There are many things in the “season” post that makes me go ‘yikes’, like a 12 months cadence, but the no WBs part makes me not really want to play it.

1 Like

True, it means a lot now, but it did not mean a lot in 2004. Which means the game can do completely fine without it. As long as people can wrap their mind around it.

No its absolutely massive and affects every facet of everything.

See this is kind of my suspicion; the people who don’t want world buffs seem like they either didn’t play Classic or quit early or just generally have an axe to grind for some inscrutable reason.

So great, build a game for a bunch of malcontents who lacked the numbers or wherewithal to make guilds that didn’t use worldbuffs - watch it die before AQ.

3 Likes

it’s not 2004, we play the game differently while we enjoy the game in its original aesthetics and overall gameplay. Blizzard tried with the faithful recreation in 2019 (I’d love a blueprint of that with tweaks to bosses), but you can’t recreate the 2004 mindset in 2021.

1 Like

It is indeed massive, but it certainly does not have to be. Its like an exploit that everyone loves doing. It is still affecting the game in negative ways.

I would also love to enjoy world buffs in raids when i want to. I believe the core of the problem is that guild leaders force this on their players. At some point things like this hurt the game. I guess that is something Blizzard picked up, fortunately.

This is why you should be on the side of two sets of realms. A lot of us, want world buffs and a lot of you want an environment where you don’t want them (Maybe even enabled on a DMF schedule). The vast majority of us that want WBs wouldn’t bother a F R E S H without them which will be bad for the classic community as a whole.

2 Likes

I would, if i believed that said guild leaders could restrain themselves from pushing mandatory world buffs every single raid. They can not.

Then you’d be free to roll on the realm with no WBs.

Preferably i would have one version of vanilla. We will now have two. Three would be madness.

1 Like

There would be two, fresh with and without world buffs. Classical era is obsolete since it’s stuck in p6.

God forbid you have to do the work in the boss fights instead of the soup of buffs you’ve spent a week logged out for to keep yourself good and OP.

2 Likes

You’d prefer to have 1 version of vanilla, which is played the way YOU want even if it means thousands of others can’t play the way they like. That seems a bit unnecessary to me.

If you don’t like WB’s go no wb server and never worry about them.

Mate, when I read that, all I can think of is a guy talking to Usain Bolt. Usain is focused on running the race and winning and the other guy is talking about how hard it is to tie their shoes. Like, what are you even on about?
Do the work? These bosses are 15 years old, the tactics are all laid out in front of us and nearly every ‘pumper’ guild cleared naxx by week 2, mostly without WB’s cause almost everyone died before reaching ktz. They don’t need WB’s to clear the content, they need WB’s to make the content actually exciting. Not all of us get super excited about just killing a boss that we’ve killed 7 weeks in a row or raiding 3 hours for some arbitrary loot. We enjoy pumping, why is that so bad just because you like to play casually? We don’t stop you?

3 Likes

I think i did another post a day or two ago regarding that, as i said, one pvp realm no WB wich is pvp centered anyway ppl who dont want WB can go there raid and wpvp without the worry of wb taking or losing em, yep its SOO hard to farm 5g for chronoboon (scrubs -.-), and one pve realm with WB so those who wanna min-max and push its game to its limits to be the “masters of the season” isnt that what SOM is all about anyway?